London chess classic 2012

London chess classic 2012

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
06 Dec 12

Hey! The commentary at londonchessclassic.com went offline! Anybody know where one can watch it free elsewhere?

Moves
06 Dec 12

I am watching Luke play an amazing game again. This time it's Kramnik that fails to beat him while Luke is in severe time trouble.

t

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by Kegge
I am watching Luke play an amazing game again. This time it's Kramnik that fails to beat him while Luke is in severe time trouble.
The evaluation actually went from +2.5 to only +1 once he made move 40.

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
The evaluation actually went from +2.5 to only +1 once he made move 40.
... And he had only seconds on the clock left. It is no surprise Luke is a public's favorite. I know I am a fan.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
06 Dec 12

Victories for both Kramnik and Carlsen once again!

Is it going to be a race between these two?

Once again I missed the games, will watch through them later 🙂

e

timed out again

Moves
06 Dec 12
1 edit

Disappointed by the toothless performance of Adams in Adams vs Carlsen. He should be able to at least draw being a pawn up.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by enrico20
Disappointed by the toothless performance of Adams in Adams vs Carlsen. He should be able to at least draw being a pawn up.
He ran into time trouble, he had three seconds left for his last move before the time control. It's a real shame, Adams played really well. Carlsen is just a monster in the end game! 🙂

t

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by Kegge
... And he had only seconds on the clock left. It is no surprise Luke is a public's favorite. I know I am a fan.
He would be much stronger if he managed his time better. I don't think he ever will though as chess isn't at the top of his bucket list.

Moves
06 Dec 12

He would be much stronger if he managed his time better. I don't think he ever will though as chess isn't at the top of his bucket list.
I agree. It was the same last year and at the Tal memorial. Still I like his spirit to fight to the end.

e

Jerusalem

Moves
06 Dec 12

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
He ran into time trouble, he had three seconds left for his last move before the time control. It's a real shame, Adams played really well. Carlsen is just a monster in the end game! 🙂
He is young, but he is the best endgamer in the world

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
07 Dec 12

Qd1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
07 Dec 12

MICKY ADAMS!!!! He shoots he scores!!!!! 😀😀😀😀😀😀

t

Moves
07 Dec 12
1 edit

MICKY ADAMS!!!! He shoots he scores!!!!! 😀😀😀😀😀😀
I had him pegged to win.

With Magnus beating Judit, Luke beating Gawain and Levon drawing Vlad.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
07 Dec 12

I had him pegged to win.

With Magnus beating Judit, Luke beating Gawain and Levon drawing Vlad.
You have to feel for Anand, WHOPPING blunder! If he's not careful he could drop out of the top ten. Has there ever been a World champ outside the top ten??

t

Moves
07 Dec 12

You have to feel for Anand, WHOPPING blunder! If he's not careful he could drop out of the top ten. Has there ever been a World champ outside the top ten??
What I find amazing is how accurately these players judge positions. They'll say yeah well black may be marginally better but it looks like a draw and the evaluator will have black better by mere centipawns.