need help to get to 2800

need help to get to 2800

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by alexstclaire
i need help getting to 2800, i feel that im almost there and that im totally awsome so can anyone give me some help.....
If you are serious, I suggest taking Lev ALburt's Comprehensive Chess course - all seven books. After that you may get there if you were born a prodigy but just never realized that fact. But, considering all of the variables, I have come to the conclusion that you are never going to break 2000 if you continue to choose portraits like the one you have on your profile. Thanks for sharing.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
Eventually computers will be the size of a virus and millions of them will be injected into the brain where they will integrate with the neurons already there and so you can BE a chess computer with a 6000 rating!
Can you imagine a match between two such individuals?
Oh goodness, get real! The world is about to end anyway. Damascus gets destroyed, like the Bible says. There's no way we'll ever get that far in technology. Also, if you haven't noticed, the U.S. Embassy in Damascus was recently assaulted and Israel along with the United States is planning a full scale war against Syria who has funded Hezbollah. Man, you guys never read the papers do you?

Consequently, we'll never have neurons injected into our brains so that we can play perfect chess, because the world is about to end. But, when I get to heaven, I'll ask Jesus if I can play you a life size game of chess with pieces made of Gold and Pearls.

a

cavanaugh park

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by powershaker
If you are serious, I suggest taking Lev ALburt's Comprehensive Chess course - all seven books. After that you may get there if you were born a prodigy but just never realized that fact. But, considering all of the variables, I have come to the conclusion that you are never going to break 2000 if you continue to choose portraits like the one you have on your profile. Thanks for sharing.
thanks for the help, i assume you mean the picture is distracting me from playing chess?

k

Sigulda, Latvia

Moves
13 Sep 06
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Eventually computers will be the size of a virus and millions of them will be injected into the brain where they will integrate with the neurons already there and so you can BE a chess computer with a 6000 rating!
Can you imagine a match between two such individuals?
Such a game would end after the third move when one of the players announced to the other: "Ha, you lose, mate in 182!"

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
13 Sep 06

Originally posted by kbaumen
Such a game would end after the third move when one of the players announced to the other: "Ha, you lose, mate in 182!"
No it would not last that long.

White sits down, shakes hands with black.

White says "Would you like a draw"

Black says "Yes, I see it also! You just can't queen that last pawn"

Draw agreed!

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Sep 06

I don't know who to call an idiot, sonhouse for his hilarious technology prediction or powershaker for his delcaration that the endtimes are upon us.

Actually powershaker is more stupid in this case.

G
ChessObsessed

Earth

Moves
14 Sep 06

Play in high rated international tourneys.
Use an earpiece that cant be detected.
Pocket Fritz baby!!

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
14 Sep 06

Originally posted by powershaker
Oh goodness, get real! The world is about to end anyway. Damascus gets destroyed, like the Bible says. There's no way we'll ever get that far in technology. Also, if you haven't noticed, the U.S. Embassy in Damascus was recently assaulted and Israel along with the United States is planning a full scale war against Syria who has funded Hezbollah. Man ...[text shortened]... ask Jesus if I can play you a life size game of chess with pieces made of Gold and Pearls.
I don't want to get into this but I heard something funny on tv that I wanted to share.

It's the black person they are interviewing on Tv. He is an athlete and rich, maybe a Nfl player or Nba player.

Are you religious? Yes, I am. I was raised up that way, go to church etc...

Then they were talking about some stuff. And this question got asked about what he belives in the Bible and what he doesn't etc...

I don't believe in some of that stuff but there are signs out there that the world is ending.

When a white Canadian wins the MVP for Basketball, that is definitenly a sign! !! 😀

Hahah go Steve Nash😏

Hinesville, GA

Moves
14 Sep 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
I don't know who to call an idiot, sonhouse for his hilarious technology prediction or powershaker for his delcaration that the endtimes are upon us.

Actually powershaker is more stupid in this case.
Just remember what I said! It's a chess match between Jesus and the Devil, and I'm not pulling for the underdog in this case! I'll go with the one who rose from the grave in three days. Call me a fool or not, I don't care. But, I better change this subject back to chess. This type of stuff belongs in the Spirituality forum.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
14 Sep 06

Originally posted by RahimK
I don't want to get into this but I heard something funny on tv that I wanted to share.

It's the black person they are interviewing on Tv. He is an athlete and rich, maybe a Nfl player or Nba player.

Are you religious? Yes, I am. I was raised up that way, go to church etc...

Then they were talking about some stuff. And this question got asked about w ...[text shortened]... dian wins the MVP for Basketball, that is definitenly a sign! !! 😀

Hahah go Steve Nash😏
hehe! That's funny. I have to admit. I just wish you guys knew that it's almost over. Not beyond November 2007. Just have to look at what exactly a generation is if you divide the 42 generations of Matthew Chapter 1 at the end into 2000 years.