New Technology and Cheating

New Technology and Cheating

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
13 Sep 12

d

São Paulo, Brazil

Moves
13 Sep 12

"By pushing all the right buttons on a good chess engine, any Kardashian sister could conceivably checkmate Fischer."

Great stuff.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by danilop
"By pushing all the right buttons on a good chess engine, any Kardashian sister could conceivably checkmate Fischer."

Great stuff.
I can mate Fischer without any problems and blindfolded because HE'S DEAD. 😕 😛
He times out often now. 😞

p

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
I can mate Fischer without any problems and blindfolded because HE'S DEAD. 😕 😛
He times out often now. 😞
Would winning on time really be ethical? 😵

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. 🙄

rc

Moves
13 Sep 12
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
An interesting read, although the USCF sanctioning of , 'technology we can work with',
reeks of complacency. The 'no hack took place', claims are irrelevant, clearly the mere
allowance of a PDA for recording moves, which can be recorded equally as well and
with more efficiency, with a pencil and paper is suspect. Call me a Luddite, but a no
electronic media stance would have stopped this nefarious activity in its tracks. I
suspect that as technology advances and especially nano technology, cheating will
become more and more difficult to detect. Those who do cheat are self delusional,
depriving themselves of both the personal satisfaction of winning and the joy of
learning from a defeat. The boys mother, in predictable fashion, displayed a
complete lack of objectivity, what is it with parents that blinds them to the flaws of
their own children?

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
13 Sep 12

This confirms what I've always known. A quick glance at the graph and they're bang to rights.

rc

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
This confirms what I've always known. A quick glance at the graph and they're bang to rights.
bet you can't say the same for cleavage my Viking friend, seems like silicon is being
used to defraud us chess players at every turn 😛

Moves
13 Sep 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The first question should, of course, be: why allow PDAs to record moves in the first place? What's wrong with pen and paper?

Richard

e4

Moves
13 Sep 12

Pen & paper is the future,

Moves
13 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I voted yesterday. I used a proper, old-fashioned red pencil and a piece of paper. Yes, it may be old hat and backwards, but at least it can't be cracked, or create "hanging chads".

Richard

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I think the future may be those boards that record the moves automatically. Columbia Chess Club has two of those that they use on board 1 and 2 during the club championship. But right now the USCF requires each individual record the game also.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
13 Sep 12

Why join a game, if you're not going to play?

Using computers to win a game of chess accomplishes nothing! (other than annoying the opponent, perhaps)

Duckfinder General

223b Baker Street

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
Why join a game, if you're not going to play?

Using computers to win a game of chess accomplishes nothing! (other than annoying the opponent, perhaps)
Actually for this lad it looks as though it added up to rather a lot of money.

The drunk knight

Stuck on g1

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by thaughbaer
Actually for this lad it looks as though it added up to rather a lot of money.
Few scoops here and there, yes, but with a disgraced name in the long run i'm not sure I'd substitute honour for money... I have a frowney for smiley

D

Moves
13 Sep 12