1. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 00:51
    Originally posted by greenpawn34

But it is a chess forum and all's fair....except chess poems. I hate chess poems.
    (bet there will be a whole bucket load appearing now) πŸ˜‰
    Chess Players play blitz
    Like druggies on crack until
    Arthritis kicks in
  2. e4
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:04
    That is terrible. It does not even rhyme.

Poetry goes in the Culture Forum, this is for blitz games. πŸ™‚
  3. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:11
    There once was a great chess player,
    Who became known as a dragon slayer.
    One by one,
    His h pawn would run
    And pry open a file,
    As he cracked open a smile.
    He never waited,
    And he always mated.
    And then one night,
    He got a real fight.
    He was all out of book,
    And his hand quickly shook.
    His king ended up dead.
    He lost to the Fred.
  4. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:12
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    That is terrible. It does not even rhyme.

Poetry goes in the Culture Forum, this is for blitz games. πŸ™‚
    Yeah, like I have culture...πŸ™„
  5. Joined
    24 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:19
    Originally posted by wormwood
    if the "hey look at me, I won a blitz game" threads had a 10th of the discussion here, they'd be perfectly fine. but they seldom have. and when the opening post doesn't even try to write a single thought down, the responses are practically guaranteed to have absolutely zero content.

so, when you post a blitz game, PLEASE do try to write something ...[text shortened]... st cyberspace, but there's still no reason to litter and make yourself look like a twat.
    I rec'd this post b/c wormwood said what I wanted to say but he was much more diplomatic about it.

Also I don't understand why people are finding it so hard to grasp the point of this thread. It's not about whether or not blitz is fun, or whether it helps your game in some academic way. I play blitz all the time, I have fun. And I probably learn more during that time than I would studying opening books...

But that's not the point...

I just want people to stop making crappy threads. If you're going to post a blitz game at the very least tell us why it's an interesting game. Tell us how you could have improved upon it, why you made the moves that you did, if your sacrifice was sound, etc.

I have absolutely no problem was paulbuchmanfromfics or anybody else posting blitz games that he/she commentates on.
  6. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:26
    Originally posted by DivGradCurl
    I rec'd this post b/c wormwood said what I wanted to say but he was much more diplomatic about it.

Also I don't understand why people are finding it so hard to grasp the point of this thread. It's not about whether or not blitz is fun, or whether it helps your game in some academic way. I play blitz all the time, I have fun. And I probably learn more ...[text shortened]... em was paulbuchmanfromfics or anybody else posting blitz games that he/she commentates on.
    I think people aren't getting your "point" because you make your points poorly (and I would argue this is a poor thread. But, you are entitled to making a silly thread).

Let me point to you why people don't get your point.

If you got a smothered mate on FICS 5/0 playing against ErodeTheMoon I really couldn't care less.

Rather personal don't you think?
  7. Joined
    28 Mar '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:26
    Look at my latest 3 0 game!!!

toet.
  8. Joined
    24 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:34
    Originally posted by erikido
    I think people aren't getting your "point" because you make your points poorly (and I would argue this is a poor thread. But, you are entitled to making a silly thread).

Let me point to you why people don't get your point.

If you got a smothered mate on FICS 5/0 playing against ErodeTheMoon I really couldn't care less.

Rather personal don't you think?
    1. This is the best thread in a long time
    2. It's true, I really couldn't care less about your smothered mate
    3. This is the internet
    4. I don't need to be polite
    5. Get over it
  9. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 01:35
    I just don't understand why people elect to post those games instead of the CC games they play here (for example) and spend at least 10x the effort/time on.
    I hate to break it to you man, but the vast majority of people on here don't spend that long on their moves, even though they have weeks to decide. I can post some stupendously brilliant GM blitz games if you like. The fact of the matter is that people can discover really original ideas under time pressure, THAT is why they post them! The fact that the move(s) was/were found in seconds is why people wish to share them. A great move is a great move, the time control is irrelevant.
  10. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:32
    1. This is the best thread in a long time
    2. It's true, I really couldn't care less about your smothered mate
    3. This is the internet
    4. I don't need to be polite
    5. Get over it
    1. Your op was really projection wasn't it? You hate the fact that your a sef agrandizing narcissist that no one appreciates

2. I didn't show you my mate

3. the internet is serious business

4. You don't need to be-if you truly want people getting your invalid horrible points then maybe you shouldn't make things so personal

5. I was never under it
  11. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 02:56
    1. Your op was really projection wasn't it? You hate the fact that your a sef agrandizing narcissist that no one appreciates

2. I didn't show you my mate

3. the internet is serious business

4. You don't need to be-if you truly want people getting your invalid horrible points then maybe you shouldn't make things so personal

5. I was never under it
    If he thinks he does not have to be polite, he has revealed what kind of person he is. I'd leave it at that and not feed him any more, or he'll just keep going.
  12. Joined
    09 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 04:41
    Originally posted by Paul Leggett
    If he thinks he does not have to be polite, he has revealed what kind of person he is. I'd leave it at that and not feed him any more, or he'll just keep going.
    fair enough....although it is fun when guys like this act like they are getting to me.

"Work" went by just a little bit faster today.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 05:041 edit
    fair enough....although it is fun when guys like this act like they are getting to me.

"Work" went by just a little bit faster today.
    You know, it's funny, I posted my last blitz game KNOWING it was so bad it was good, funny kind of game, posted just for the entertainment value and said so in the header. It was a case of the last laugh standing and didn't need any comments, the game stuud for itselfπŸ™‚
  14. Standard memberivan2908
    SelfProclaimedTitler
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 12:48
    Why is the forum being flooded by blitz games?

There's never anything to learn from them. No commentary is every given and no suggestions are ever made. If you got a smothered mate on FICS 5/0 playing against ErodeTheMoon I really couldn't care less.

People need to start posting real games that they put effort into. The point of posting games shoul ...[text shortened]... ent game for analysis was no1marauder's NYS Championship topic and that was like 2 weeks ago.
    Dude, RHP is a great site. People who post here are not only lame self-flattering chess wannabes, but also decent and supportive human individuals in their free time.

So, with that in mind, please tell us what is bothering you so much that you have to find relief in behaving like a complete social imbecile ? Is it a fungus on your left leg ? Is it a fact that you do not have vivid social life and you are closed in your room for days trying to heal yourself by posting angry remarks on your PC ? Is it that your e1 resident might be too small.. mmm, you know ? Would you like to have a girlfriend but nobody wants you? What is your REAL problem ?

Just ask for help when you feel lost, ok ?

Have a nice day.
  15. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    25 Sep '10 13:24
    Originally posted by ivan2908
    lame self-flattering chess wannabes
    I resemble that remark! πŸ™

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree