1. Kalispell, MT
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 07:17
    Originally posted by wormwood
    I don't think it's very likely my opponents can 'prepare' for my pet opening, as you can't really avoid it. no matter what they try, I'll always be the one more familiar with the structures. (assuming roughly equal opponents of course.) to surprise me in any statistically meaningful regularity, they'd need to work on it MORE than my total body of work over ...[text shortened]... in them, so I thought I'd play them exclusively until I understood them. it worked.
    Do you find studying games of master players who played your "pet openings" helped you learn any? Or do you feel it was just in gross accumulation of games played?

I'm curious when you switch to the QGD whether or not you'll find games of classical masters who played it in near exclusivity-worthy of your attention.

-GIN
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Apr '11 13:42
    Originally posted by tharkesh
    thank you! it took until page 5 of this thread until the colle was mentioned. and robbie didnt even answer to that...are you feeling not well? am getting worried...
    pearls before the unappreciative my friend, Colles genius was too much for them!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree