1. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 06:19
    King gambit can help you, it can use some rook there and there. not just sac....

Here, my game with Jasen777
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 09:46
    wow, old style Kings gambit, read about it, never actually had the nerve to play it, awesome!
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 16:47
    Originally posted by dirtysniper
    In an effort to learn something new, what opening or openings, best develop the Rooks. The quickest and most productive way to get them into action and make use of them as more then a defender.
    don't you know about the bird?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:021 edit
    Originally posted by trev33
    don't you know about the bird?
    Lol, ive seen the family guy episode, dont even mention it! as for the bird in chess terms, easily refuted with a rather direct Froms gambit! when i have more time trev i shall perhaps demonstrate it for you!
  5. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:031 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ive seen the family guy episode, dont even mention it! as for the bird in chess terms, easily refuted with a rather direct Froms gambit!
    froms gambit is used to beat players that dont know how to play the bird. best against bird is 1..d5 followed by kingside fianchetto

Im wondering which line you see as beating the bird. 4...g5 or 4...Bg4 ?
  6. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:10
    From gambit guys, often end up with old king gambits.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:14
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    exactly.
    if you want to be the aggressor its possible to just flip the roles around.. but I could never do it personally, as even though I hate being on the defensive and love to attack recklessly I feel theres not nearly enough compensation for the pawn in the froms so I just beat that.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:244 edits
    Originally posted by irontigran
    froms gambit is used to beat players that dont know how to play the bird. best against bird is 1..d5 followed by kingside fianchetto

Im wondering which line you see as beating the bird. 4...g5 or 4...Bg4 ?
    If you do not mind me saying so, your talking nonsense, and i shall prove it!
    for the Froms gambit is both sharp and positional in nature. It is not a question
    of beating the bird, but the player. Its a perfectly acceptable opening for those playing
    at my level, and above as the following game suggests! are you trying
    to tell the forum that GM Henrik Danielsen, doesn't know how to play 'the bird'?
    no well your statements wheels have just fallen off. you may wish to play 1.d5 a
    nd fianchetto the kings bishop, which does nothing, attacks nothing, takes no
    advantage of the weakening of the Kings diagonal and makes no attempt to
    disrupt whites set up, let us who are prepared to give up a pawn or two get on
    with some exciting play! you materialist and woosies can hang on to your pawns!

9. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:242 edits
    Well, it is said unsound, but best is no not even accept, king's gambit can suit very finek,a bird player, if you accept, you need to be very carefull, as balck got some nasty tricks. all based on the #### weak diagonal @@ open by f2-f4.

Strangly enough, they don,t even trie things like that after 2 e4 and cry.

That game you shopw us robbie, got nothing exciting, it is sure good, but better for white is transpose, accepting the from, normally, give no more then draw.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:261 edit
    read it and weep AUdrey dude! what are you woosies talking about? if white plays e4 we play d5 and counter with Falkbeer Counter Gambit! my goodness you do not know the heart of a gambiteer! you shall be in for the ride of your lives!
  11. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:29
    . It is not a question of beating the bird, but the player.

Its a perfectly acceptable opening for those playing at my level
    this is exactly what I am talking about robbie.
  12. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:30
    I am not Audreydude, it is AudreyxSophie. the x is there to separe the names.

the falkbeer is the gambit that follow after, 1 e4 e5 2.f4 d5 3.exd5 e4,

Better is the Marshall counter gambit, ( not the nimzovitch, he is not the first to play ... c6 ) With, 3... c6 but still equal game.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:31
    Originally posted by irontigran
    this is exactly what I am talking about robbie.
    did you not see the game played by the Icelandic GM? what have you to say for yourselves now?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:31
    I am not Audreydude, it is AudreyxSophie. the x is there to separe the names.

the falkbeer is the gambit that follow after, 1 e4 e5 2.f4 d5 3.exd5 e4,

Better is the Marshall counter gambit, ( not the nimzovitch, he is not the first to play ... c6 ) With, 3... c6 but still equal game.
    c6 is for woosies as well!
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Dec '09 22:41
    c6 is for woosies as well!
    an eerie silence......from which i can take it that the Froms is sound, black gets excellent compensation for the pawn, rapid and easy development of his pieces and can be played at the highest level! well well!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree