1. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 01:24
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i know, hangs his head in shame, i heard that Anand played the Slav, so cause hes my hero i took up the Slav also, but its terrible! Its worse than the Caro Khan, and the French defence all rolled into one! ! My friend i must confess, i have only been a true Gambiteer only very recently! before that i played 1..g6, 2...Bg7, 3...c5 to everything that white played!

what is this legendary Grunoni that you speak of?
    I used to play the Caro a lot, its usually wimpy but its really hard to give white any nice play and although theyre completely fine young white players would get restless.

anyways for my 1.d4 defense I split it down two paths depending on the 3rd move from white.

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nc3.. now I play the grunfeld.
    1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 g6 3.Nf3.. now I play the modern benoni.

seems to work well.
  2. Joined
    11 Jul '09
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 02:10
    if you are a gambit lover, Robbies, you should consider joining Gambit Fantasy, as the club live for gambit.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '09 16:20
    Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
    if you are a gambit lover, Robbies, you should consider joining Gambit Fantasy, as the club live for gambit.
    you know i had a secret glimpse some time ago, but being knew to the gambiteer lifestyle, i did not dare to approach 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree