Playing on in a hopeless situation.

Playing on in a hopeless situation.

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
14 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by jerbee47
As I said in the other thread you attempted to slander me on, anyone else who has played me will tell you that I move quickly even when losing and resign as soon as I feel the game is beyond doubt. The rating points have nothing to do with it.

You attempted to tell me when to resign the game in question right after your winning queen sacrifice when I st rtsmanship, but I was rudely treated, and I therefore feel that you can wait to win that game.
Doesn't matter. Take your time.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
14 Mar 06

Originally posted by powershaker
I never treated you in ill fashion. I just don't see your point. If you took it that way, I didn't mean it that way. But, good grief, just resign the game and let's get on with our lives. You might win the other one anyway. Don't cry over spilt pawns, brother. Goodness gracious. It's not that I ridiculed you. It's that you don't want to resign. Admit it! You're groveling over 25 points.
Or maybe he just hates your guts. Like I do.

PS. The earth is really old.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
15 Mar 06
5 edits

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Or maybe he just hates your guts. Like I do.

PS. The earth is really old.
Oh, well, boo hoo hoo! I don't care if you like me or not. It's not my goal to achieve the acceptance of Xanthos to the exclusion of all others. If you hate my guts - a name on a screen - then you have serious psychiatric problems and probably need to speak to a counselor about how easily you come to hate someone you've never met or seen before. I would worry about how you treat other people in your every day environment and exactly how you deal with reality since you seem to fail so horribly with your socialization skills over the internet. I never have heard one inspiring word from you, Xanthos. I've never observed you saying anything on redhotpawn.com that remotely resembles kindness towards another person; nor have you shown evidence of an aura of friendliness. I, myself, do not take the internet as seriously as you do Xanthos. It is clear you have no life but your chess and your big fat chess rating which is probably inflated from all the outside resources you use, and you probably need to pray to Jesus for once in your life as you have said you have no faith in the Son of God. So, kiss it where the sun doesn't shine! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
17 Mar 06

But, those positions are so astronomically rare that the class player who has three pawns against a rook and a Queen should just call it quits.
That's still terrible advice. You should not resign without evaluating all aspects of the position. The body count isn't everything.

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
17 Mar 06

Would everyone resign with only your King V Queen and Rook

I hope everyone says yes, because i'm playing someone who is carrying on LOL.

He's only two moves from Checkmate, but he's dragging the game out 😲😲

z

Moves
17 Mar 06

Originally posted by millerman

Eh, some people prefer to lose on time rather than resign or be checkmated. I think it's rude to just sit there and hope that your opponent doesn't notice you making a move after doing nothing for 20 days. However, it is their perogative.

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Mar 06
4 edits

That's because he's hurting! You're whipping him, and he can't take it like a man! HAHA! jerbee is the same way! I would resign in those circumstances, because that's polite. If I am playing someone very weak, and I know they'll walk into a draw, then I might play on. But, even the weakest players know how to checkmate with Queen and rook. But, queen and bishop I would definitely go on with an under 1300 player. However, sometimes, I find myself waiting on players to resign when I know I've won the game, and they in turn are making my opponents wait for me to resign. Why? Well, I'm trying to make the points even out, and for every loss, I resign one I'm losing. I often notify my opponent of the situation, and tell them that I hope they don't mind me waiting to resign even though they've already won. They often say, "That's okay. No problem." With that said, jerbee has held up four people I'm trying to give resignations too. So, basically, I resigned them anyway, because I just couldn't see making them wait that long for their points.

Game 1776520
Game 1776521

Both games are wins for me. One is slightly questionable. But, jerbee is destroyed!

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
17 Mar 06

Originally posted by zebano
Eh, some people prefer to lose on time rather than resign or be checkmated. I think it's rude to just sit there and hope that your opponent doesn't notice you making a move after doing nothing for 20 days. However, it is their perogative.
It's a clan game so i'll take the timeout when it happens but tbh it's a bit rude to carry on...
But again it's his perogative so i'll just wait and see.
But i would never carry on in that situation or similar losing positions (losing positions in my eyes)...

Ce la Vie

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Mar 06
1 edit

It's a clan game so i'll take the timeout when it happens but tbh it's a bit rude to carry on...
But again it's his perogative so i'll just wait and see.
But i would never carry on in that situation or similar losing positions (losing positions in my eyes)...

Ce la Vie
He's a a sore loser. Dude, I know how you feel! I mean, if he wanted to match his losses with his wins, then why doesn't he just tell you or ask you if it's okay? That's what I do! It's understandable. But, it's obviously not the reason he's making you wait for the points. Then, Lord forbid, the points suddenly take a nose dive and you end up with 4 points having beaten a player 300 points higher than you are. HAHA! If I had secured the points I have won from 1700 caliber players on here across the board who nose dived on me, I would be about 100 points higher in rating on redhotpawn.com - no doubt. I really feel this could be true.

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
17 Mar 06

He's a a sore loser. Dude, I know how you feel! I mean, if he wanted to match his losses with his wins, then why doesn't he just tell you or ask you if it's okay? That's what I do! It's understandable. But, it's obviously not the reason he's making you wait for the points. Then, Lord forbid, the points suddenly take a nose dive and you end up with ...[text shortened]... points higher in rating on redhotpawn.com - no doubt. I really feel this could be true.
LOL,

Yeah i know what you mean about the points thing........But i've never seen it that way at all, if i'm a 1300 player then i will reach that target, if i'm a 1100 player then that's were i'll stay irrelevent of keeping other players daggling..
Everyone on this site will win some and lose some, it's only chess at the end of the day....

Never mind Hey

Hinesville, GA

Moves
17 Mar 06
10 edits

LOL,

Yeah i know what you mean about the points thing........But i've never seen it that way at all, if i'm a 1300 player then i will reach that target, if i'm a 1100 player then that's were i'll stay irrelevent of keeping other players daggling..
Everyone on this site will win some and lose some, it's only chess at the end of the day....

Never mind Hey
Yeah, it's only chess. That is true. I'm glad it is. LOL! But, if it's only chess, why did Alekhine destroy hotel rooms? Why did Morphy go insane? Why have people shot each other over a single game? It may be a game for you, millerman, and if it is, I'm glad it is a game for you. But, for the rest of us, it's not just a game. It is a war of wits and wisdom. When I checkmate someone, I'm telling them subconsciously, "I am stronger. I am better. I am wiser at this moment than you are. I OWN YOU!" A game? Better think twice! Fischer said, "I love to see them squirm!"

And, to add a little psychoanalysis to all of this. GM Rueben Fine - one of the strongest players to ever live and could possibly have been World Champion in his day, was a psychologist, and if you read his psychoanalysis of chess, you begin to see that no other game seems to be so indwelled by psychoses. No other game has a male figure and a female figure on the board in such prominent positions of interest and fragility. Many men - subconsciously - might perhaps allude to their penile dysfunction upon being checkmated. The king is an extension of the phallus symbolism that permeates a struggle between two opposing powers drenched in testosterone. And, losing your lady, is like losing your woman, man! For that brief moment, it hurts inside! You know it does. OUCH! She's gone! It's over! 🙁 Beat a man at chess, and you've hurt his ego either severely, slightly... or maybe he's lucky, and just doesn't care to win or lose either way. hehe

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
17 Mar 06

Yeah, it's only chess. That is true. I'm glad it is. LOL! But, if it's only chess, why did Alekhine destroy hotel rooms? Why did Morphy go insane? Why have people shot each other over a single game? It may be a game for you, millerman, and if it is, I'm glad it is a game for you. But, for the rest of us, it's not just a game. It is a war of wits ...[text shortened]... brief moment, it hurts inside! You know it does. OUCH! She's gone! It's over! 🙁
TWo things i have to say to that powershaker:-

1- Oh my god, i may never play chess again lol

2- I'm never playing you, EVER lol.

But seriously i can see why people get upset with losing, but being shot over a game of chess, Gez, thats a bit too far...

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
17 Mar 06

P.S Poweshaker,

I reckon i can beat you 😉

Only kidding 😳

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
18 Mar 06
2 edits

Originally posted by nickybutt
I never do, but I have played against quite a few who does. It doesn't bother me, after all I could leave the site tomorrow and there is no rule against it, but what do you all mean? Is it bad sportmanship, or just playing your chance.
Game 1248478 Game 1250358 Game 1276895 Game 1589538 Heres some game examples why i play on. I'm not that great of a player and I never thought i was insulting anyone by playing on in a hopeless game. As long as i keep moving and im not stalling it should not be considered rude to play on . Also some games I got the 3 move repitition when looking very hopless, ~ Game 1578344 Game 1458954 Good Day, David

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Mar 06

That's because he's hurting! You're whipping him, and he can't take it like a man! HAHA! jerbee is the same way! I would resign in those circumstances, because that's polite. If I am playing someone very weak, and I know they'll walk into a draw, then I might play on. But, even the weakest players know how to checkmate with Queen and rook. But, que ...[text shortened]... games are wins for me. One is slightly questionable. But, jerbee is destroyed!
I would just like to add that you are among the top 10 biggest "A Holes" I have come across on the forums. The way you name "and shame" jerbee is ridiculous, especially considering the fact that you readily admit in the quoted post, that you actually do what you accuse him of *intentionally*, while rating points may not even enter jerbee's head.

D