Rahim's Chess Lessons

Rahim's Chess Lessons

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
10 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by schakuhr
Do you think this isn't appreciated what you are doing, and that noone cares about this?
See what I mean. How much time do you waste going over that morphy game, a hour or so and what did you get? Nothing, no comments, no one tried the puzzles, etc...

Waste of time doing this for ungrateful people 🙁

Btw, that was a great game you posted. Very nice, thanks.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
10 Feb 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Testrider
people will reply, you just should give them a bit more time 😉
8 days should be long enough right? Schakuhr posted that morphy game, Feb 2 I believe and nothing.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
10 Nov 06

Ah ha! After 40 minutes of searching I found it.

How is this not thread not interesting? Yes I had a few people responsed but not enough to warrant the time I spent on this thread.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to dig up the other threads, it takes forever but this is a really good example of what I meant.

I post fake "homework" question which are very simple but no one bothers to do them. Instead of playing 50 games every day can't you play 47 and spend that exact 3 minutes on the problems?

I gotta be honest and I don't mean to offend anyone. I always enyied those people who taught chess and made a few extra dollars and I wanted to be like them so I started taking chess seriously. Then I got put off coming here and trying to help ungrateful people.

No offense to those nice people who supported me.

It's like when you go to a store and there is a bowl of candy and a guy standing there. Do you grab the candy and run? Jerks, that's like reading the advice and not giving credit, not answering the question.

Or do you take a candy and say thank you?

After awhile the bowl of candy just want be there anymore.

SS

Moves
10 Nov 06
2 edits

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
10 Nov 06

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Sad indeed and thus you see what my problem is.

MS

Under Cover

Moves
10 Nov 06
1 edit

Originally posted by RahimK
Ah ha! After 40 minutes of searching I found it.

How is this not thread not interesting? Yes I had a few people responsed but not enough to warrant the time I spent on this thread.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't want to dig up the other threads, it takes forever but this is a really good example of what I meant.

I post fake "homework candy and say thank you?

After awhile the bowl of candy just want be there anymore.
Rahim,

Seriously, think about what you are saying here. On the one hand you say that you don't mean to offend the nice people that supported you, and on the other you are calling the participants in your threads ungrateful. I've held a high opinion of you for some time now, and I truly hope that you give a little more thought before making posts like that in the future. If you feel that your efforts have not been appreciated, then don't do it anymore, nobody can have any heartache with that. But to insult the very people who turned to you for help and guidance is a bit much. I'm not the only one who didn't answer your homework question, but I am one of them. This had nothing to do with not appreciating what you have done. In fact, I have read many of your posts in other threads without responding to them. I don't usually write in a thread unless I feel I have something to contribute. The only people who didn't appreciate your efforts were the people who didn't care in the first place, and didn't participate. At any rate, best wishes whatever you decide to do with your chess.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
10 Nov 06

Many people read threads, find them interesting and useful but post nothing. It does not mean that you are not appreciated. There is always someone who appreciates what little help those rated above them can give and a few who, for better or worse, devour it all.

No Name Maddox

County Doledrum

Moves
10 Nov 06
1 edit

Wait - you're a bowl of candy?

I'm naturally very sorry to see you go, but I think remaining silent is as often an indicator of respect as indifference or ingratitude - perhaps you've had a bigger impact on the board than you realize.

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Nov 06

I don't understand what is so hard about solving a few tactical puzzles. It wouldn't kill anyone to spend 2 minutes solving them and posting their solution.

You read the posts, you want them to continue so you answer the question and I post the next game. Is that so hard?

You have to put in a little effort, big deal. Nothing comes for free.

Look at the game Schakuhr posted. Nothing happened right? That's why I put an end to this thread. No effort.

c

USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

[fen]r2kqr2/1p1b3p/n2Q1pp1/pNnN4/2P1P3/8/PP4PP/1B1RKR2 b - - 0 22[/fen]

After 22.Nb5 why did Black resign. What moves did white have in mind to finish of Black?
Wow, I can actually see this one! 23.Qb6+ wins for white 23...Kc7 24.Nd6+ wins the queen.(maybe this has already been posted, I havent looked through all the posts)

c

USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

[fen]r1bqk2r/1ppn1p1p/n2p2pb/p2Pp3/2P1P3/2NBBP2/PP2N1PP/R2QK2R w KQkq - 0 10[/fen]

Black just played 9...Bh6. Isn't this a blunder?
I saw ark13 use this in one of his otb games he showed me.
If. 10.Bxh6, I'm guessing Qh4+ regains the bishop but I don't see how it would give any advantage to Black.

c

USA

Moves
11 Nov 06
1 edit

[fen]r1bqk2r/1p1n1p1p/n1pp2p1/p2Pp3/2P1P3/2NBQP2/PP2N1PP/R3K2R w KQkq - 0 12[/fen]

Why is 12.0-0 a bad move for White?
The only thing I can see is Qb6, forcing an eventual trade of queens leaving White with weak dark squares.

c

USA

Moves
11 Nov 06

I don't understand what is so hard about solving a few tactical puzzles. It wouldn't kill anyone to spend 2 minutes solving them and posting their solution.

You read the posts, you want them to continue so you answer the question and I post the next game. Is that so hard?

You have to put in a little effort, big deal. Nothing comes for free.

Look at ...[text shortened]... e Schakuhr posted. Nothing happened right? That's why I put an end to this thread. No effort.
I am sorry you are putting an end to this thread. I only found it 10 minutes ago and found it quite enjoyable and instructive.

T
Tonkatsu...yum

Imabari, Japan

Moves
11 Nov 06

Must admit, the thread was interesting and I'm sorry to see it go. But at the same time, ranting as if people 'must' reply...that turned me off. Seek validation in other forms instead of Bitching that you are unappreciated. I appreciated your effort but I didn't write anything as many others undoubtedly have also done. Anyway, thanks for the problems and analysis you posted. I learnt a few things that have helped recently.
Cheers

R

Edmonton, Alberta

Moves
11 Nov 06

Is it to much to ask for a little effort?

I guess it is 🙁