1. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 08:07
    Originally posted by Darax The Good
    you, sir, are also a crybaby.
    Darax ( the terrible chess player ), Ill play you anytime, dont take kindly to personal insults.
  2. Joined
    18 Jun '11
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 08:312 edits
    Originally posted by hintjul
    You are american though, I forgive you if you may think I have made numerous spelling mistakes, afterall, americans are hardly the smartest human beings walking the planet these days.
    You really aren't that bright, are you?

I demand that every one of my opponents to be a man and resign in a lost position, your wasting my time, and more importantly your wasting your own time.

Read it a few times until a light goes on somewhere.

BTW - Whom does the "wasting my time" belong to?
  3. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 10:41
    Originally posted by Savielly

I demand that every one of my opponents to be a man and resign in a lost position, your wasting my time, and more importantly your wasting your own time.

ME, people should resign and stop wasting my sacred time, instead of playing on.
  4. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 10:42
    Originally posted by Savielly

You are obviously the backward one if you cant grasp what Im saying.
  5. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 13:37
    Everyone understands what you mean. Your English is good enough for that. I suspect that the person who raised the issue would prefer the text to show:

"I demand that every one of my opponents be a man and resign in a lost position. You're wasting my time and, more importantly, you're wasting your own time."

Please take up the issue of pedantry with the complainer. Don't shoot the messenger (me).
  6. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 14:30
    This is the worst thread on the entire internet.

POW!
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 14:44
    What is so bad about my english?
    Originally posted by ElmoreB
    Check out hintjul's profile. ("I demand that every one of my opponents to be a man and resign in a lost position, your wasting my time, and more importantly your wasting your own time."

All bad English aside, not everyone agrees that lost positions are acquired within 7 moves.

I would put it like that:

"I demand, that every one of my opponents to be a man and resign in a lost position. Otherwise you ARE wasting my time and more importantly you ARE wasting your own time"

Actually as a German learning English the difference between your (possesive pronoun) and you're (short form of you are) have been explained to me.
  8. Standard memberDfthd
    Unicorn Equestrain
    New York
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 16:31
    I like how you demand something that is not within your control.
  9. Joined
    07 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 16:41
    Darax ( the terrible chess player ), Ill play you anytime, dont take kindly to personal insults.
    would you resign on the first move?
  10. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 16:47
    Originally posted by Dfthd
    I like how you demand something that is not within your control.
    I have it on good authority that the moon actually orbits him and not the Earth as was previously thought. For shame Galileo!
  11. Joined
    23 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 17:45
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I have it on good authority that the moon actually orbits him and not the Earth as was previously thought. For shame Galileo!
    I am the world and the world is me, Im a very spiritual person. Damn, forgot, Im not a person, that is my false persona written on my birth certificate. (The person) is basically your name that is sold straight into government slavery when your born. Wish I was a traveller, I hate having to abide by these draconian laws in my country, now back to chess. I was merely pointing out the fact that players on this site intentionally carry on the game to get on your rack, so to speak, taking on a kids attitude, and from this I get a flurry of insults, how many decent people play chess? give us a break.
  12. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 19:37
    Clearly it makes sense to sum up the entire RHP player base on account of you being so unfortunate to have drawn a few tossers who decided not to resign.
  13. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 20:001 edit
    What is so bad about my english?
    Run-on sentences for one.

I do think while it completely within the agreed rules for a player to not resign in a game in which they have a clearly lost position, I do agree it is kind of lame and waste of time for them not to resign in such a game, unless maybe if they are playing a weaker player in which they might could eek out a stalemate.

But against a careful strong player, time might be better spent starting a new game, studying chess, spending family time, etc. instead of moving a king across the board in a lost game.
  14. SubscriberChris Guffogg
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 20:431 edit
    I am the world and the world is me, Im a very spiritual person. Damn, forgot, Im not a person, that is my false persona written on my birth certificate. (The person) is basically your name that is sold straight into government slavery when your born. Wish I was a traveller, I hate having to abide by these draconian laws in my country, now back to chess. I wa ...[text shortened]... de, and from this I get a flurry of insults, how many decent people play chess? give us a break.
    "I am the world and the world is me, Im a very spiritual person. Damn, forgot, Im not a person, that is my false persona written on my birth certificate. (The person) is basically your name that is sold straight into government slavery when your born. Wish I was a traveller, I hate having to abide by these draconian laws in my country"

That would read better on your profile page pal............have you ever considered a career in print media?
  15. e4
    Moves
    20 Jul '11 20:471 edit
    First of all, some players, especially those under 1400 think it is discourteous
    to resign or resigning a game is actually a form of sulking, unsportsmanlike behaviour.
    The fact that they may be playing on out of respect for you has passed you by.
    They want to give you the pleasure of checkmating them.

Secondly, nobody has the right to tell an opponent when they should resign.
    Even if Anand was playing a 1100 player at no time during
    the game must Anand demand that they resign.

Infact under the FIDE rules Anand could be awarded a loss
    for bringing the game into disrepute or ungentlemanly conduct.
    Such laws do exist.

And finally... Game 8390035

If you spent less time bemoaning the fact players don't resign
    and spent more time actually looking at the game then here...

douglasfred = hintjul RHP May 2011

Black to play his 23rd move.

You would have found the fairly easy forced mate in four (it's all with check)
    instead of dragging out the game with 23...Qxd2+

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree