The World Championship Predictions

The World Championship Predictions

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v

Moves
12 May 12

the good part is that I need only about an hour or so per day to watch the WCh chess game...in the previous matches games the used to last 3-4 hours...

rc

Moves
12 May 12

Originally posted by vipiu
the good part is that I need only about an hour or so per day to watch the WCh chess game...in the previous matches games the used to last 3-4 hours...
wow Anand ignores my general principles for beginners, and plays a sultan Khan style
move, ...a6 and now the wife s trying to make me go shopping, is there no justice -
help me!

W

Moves
12 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
wow Anand ignores my general principles for beginners, and plays a sultan Khan style
move, ...a6 and now the wife s trying to make me go shopping, is there no justice -
help me!
if you value your life's quality,obey the wife.
Always obey the wife!

rc

Moves
12 May 12

Originally posted by Wilfriedva
if you value your life's quality,obey the wife.
Always obey the wife!
and yet my friend, here I sit while she nurses her wrath! ill think of something 🙂

r

Moves
12 May 12

Draw again.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
12 May 12

Passed pawn(s) will decide imo.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
12 May 12

I have to say, both games so far have been rather uninspiring. Obviously there's a lot at stake but neither side seems bent on taking any risks at all.

v

Moves
12 May 12

We need Sofia rules! Otherwise we might have no drawn game reaching move 40 or so...

v

Moves
12 May 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and yet my friend, here I sit while she nurses her wrath! ill think of something 🙂
waist of time!

EP

Phoenixville, PA

Moves
12 May 12

That's easy. It's Palamar all the way, and I only make mention due to the usual problem - excessive forum banter.

e

Jerusalem

Moves
12 May 12

Originally posted by vipiu
waist of time!
So don't wast your time if u don't understand chess

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
12 May 12
1 edit

Nigal Short: "All I did was sleep and watch cricket, which some people would say is the same thing."

Really enjoying Nigal's commentary on this match.

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
12 May 12

Nigal Short: "It's an ugly move but maybe I'm an ugly player." :-)

Watching replay BTW.

v

Moves
12 May 12

Originally posted by elady
So don't wast your time if u don't understand chess
forgive me for not enjoying a WCh game where after probably like 15 moves of theory(probably 15 for them as I also knew about first 11 out of them) I saw the players doing 10 more moves in about 2 hours before agreeing for another relative short draw...
They should be forced to play until move 40 or so...most mistakes use to come around that move...in time trouble...and they are avoiding the real fight until now...

maybe they should have had US Champ games starting at the same hour as those weaker level games are for sure more fun for people that do not understand chess like I am. I like Short's commentary but it is difficult for the commentator to save the day of a boring game. He also said today that in football players still play for 90 minutes, even the final result is a draw, which I totally agree with.

h
peacedog's keeper

Moves
12 May 12

Perhaps you are spoiling it for yourself my looking at database during game. For me, I was on my own after a6 and found it fun.

I'm sure both players had a few landmines planted in that opening which they both avoided. At this level you're only gonna get fireworks if something is missed.