1. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 14:33
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    I read through the Help and went through every menu item looking for that.
    I seem to recall learning it from one of the help columns put together by Steve Lopez (ChessBase Workshop). It comes in handy.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 15:07
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Hold down the alt key and click on a square, it turns green; alt + ctrl for yellow; alt + shift + ctrl for red. For arrows, hold down the same keys and click and drag from one square to another.

It seems to work the same in both Fritz and ChessBase.

It doesn't work in ChessBase Lite, at least not the old version. I haven't tested the new version of CB Lite, as there is no need with the full program.
    I kind of hate to mention this, but that info is actually documented in Fritz 8. It's in both the Help system and in the hardcopy manual (Section 8.4.14 - Graphic commentary).

However, at least for Fritz 8, red is created by Alt+Shift, not Alt+Shift+Ctrl.

Strangely, it also states that Ctrl-E erases all graphic elements from the current position, but when I tried to do that, Ctrl-E instead activated the engine tournament mode. 😲
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    14 Nov '07 15:19
    Originally posted by Mad Rook
    I kind of hate to mention this, but that info is actually documented in Fritz 8. It's in both the Help system and in the hardcopy manual (Section 8.4.14 - Graphic commentary).

However, at least for Fritz 8, red is created by Alt+Shift, not Alt+Shift+Ctrl.

Strangely, it also states that Ctrl-E erases all graphic elements from the current position, but when I tried to do that, Ctrl-E instead activated the engine tournament mode. 😲
    Perhaps I read it in the Fritz 8 help manual, as I recall buying a magnifying glass for that purpose.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree