1. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:02
    Whose the real World Champion? I think they should just play a match and settle the entire dispute. I prefer Topalov as World Champion. I like the idea of a Bulgarian as World Champion. Although, I'd much prefer another American World Champion. But, I doubt it will ever happen again after Fischer.

Bucky
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:10
    Originally posted by powershaker
    Whose the real World Champion? I think they should just play a match and settle the entire dispute. I prefer Topalov as World Champion. I like the idea of a Bulgarian as World Champion. Although, I'd much prefer another American World Champion. But, I doubt it will ever happen again after Fischer.

Bucky
    Who powershaker prefers as World Champion should decide the matter. He's that important.
  3. Hinesville, GA
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:39
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Who powershaker prefers as World Champion should decide the matter. He's that important.
    Nah, serious. WHo do you think, Xanthos? Topalov?
  4. Standard memberSanta Drummer
    I AM INNOCENT
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:42

Bucky
    World champoin.. hmm... beckham.

OH RIGHT AT CHESS? kasprov.

OH NOT RETIRED? Jacob aaraagard
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:46
    Nah, serious. WHo do you think, Xanthos? Topalov?
    I personally don't think Xanthos stands a chance against Topalov.
  6. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:52
    Originally posted by ark13
    I personally don't think Xanthos stands a chance against Topalov.
    Yeah he looks rubbish.
    User 89904
  7. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:56
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Yeah he looks rubbish.
    User 89904
    Fan club?
  8. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 20:58
    Personally I say Kramnik. You become world champion by beating the world champion not by merly winning a super-tournament.

That said, there is some question as to weather or not Kramnik deserved to play Kasparov...
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:05
    Originally posted by zebano
    Personally I say Kramnik. You become world champion by beating the world champion not by merly winning a super-tournament.

That said, there is some question as to weather or not Kramnik deserved to play Kasparov...
    ???? Didn't beating him without losing a game show that Kramnik "deserved" to play Kasparov??
  10. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:12
    Topalov or Kramnik?
    Krampalovsky.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 21:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    ???? Didn't beating him without losing a game show that Kramnik "deserved" to play Kasparov??
    yes

And the other questions pale in light of everything FIDE has done since 1993 vis-a-vis the world championship. The only thing that gives the FIDE champion validity is his 2005 success. The organization confers no legitimacy. When Topalov understands this, he will play Kramnik.
  12. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:28
    Only two champions became champion without beating the champion. Botvinnik is one and Karpov is the other. Alekhine died and Fischer retired (?) are the causes. Kramnik is the World Chess Champion. Topalov is the FIDE Champion. As far as Topalov being a stronger player? Fischer was the strongest player in 1971 and 1972.
  13. Joined
    17 Dec '04
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 02:39
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    yes

And the other questions pale in light of everything FIDE has done since 1993 vis-a-vis the world championship. The only thing that gives the FIDE champion validity is his 2005 success. The organization confers no legitimacy. When Topalov understands this, he will play Kramnik.
    Exactly! If Topalov didn't win the other prestigous events during the year there would be no discussion. World Classical Chess champion has to be beaten. It's not based on your success for the year. FIDE is FIDE. The only reason Kasparov agrees w/ Topalov is because he got beaten by Kramnik. He has been known for his tantrums.
  14. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 03:26
    Originally posted by hahahaaaa
    The only reason Kasparov agrees w/ Topalov is because he got beaten by Kramnik. He has been known for his tantrums.
    Kasparov is more concerned that he continue to have an opinion, and that he expresses it, than he is in whether his opinion makes sense, or follows from the last absolute truth he uttered a few months ago. He's almost as difficult to deal with as FIDE.

If he were not one of the best players in history, no one would listen.
  15. Joined
    28 Jun '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 04:10
    Originally posted by Santa Drummer
    World champoin.. hmm... beckham.

OH RIGHT AT CHESS? kasprov.

OH NOT RETIRED? Jacob aaraagard
    "World champoin.. hmm... beckham"
    Oh boy, this just proves you know as much in football (soccer for the ...) as you do in chess! Very telling indeed! Please, if you do training questions, be abit more coherent; your problem #1 plain old sucked!!! 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree