1. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 20:43
    Originally posted by Turfmoor
    😴
    I already have the best teacher on RHP, he has shown me quite a few interesting positions. in PMs and attachments, wish I could share them on this thread
    If I get my subscription will you coach me too?

Tina
    x
    As you have the "best teacher" and you are 😴 I assume you don't need any more tuition.............
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 21:03
    I need to improve my positional play, I am quite good at endings and openings (normally)

pretty please
    Tina
    x
  3. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 21:55
    I need to improve my positional play, I am quite good at endings and openings (normally)

pretty please
    Tina
    x
    I am prepared to give everyone a chance but I can only do one at a time and theres a queue so if you wait patiently we will see if you are still interested when I get to you. Okay?

Follow the game against C J Horse and comment. I hope I can contrive to create a few interesting moments.
  4. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 22:27
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    I am prepared to give everyone a chance but I can only do one at a time and theres a queue so if you wait patiently we will see if you are still interested when I get to you. Okay?

Follow the game against C J Horse and comment. I hope I can contrive to create a few interesting moments.
    Thank you
    1.e4 I think Mr horse should play either 1.... Nf6, e6 or c5
    why hasn't he moved yet? I could play the game very fast for you to audition me 🙂🙂
  5. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 23:04
    Thank you
    1.e4 I think Mr horse should play either 1.... Nf6, e6 or c5
    why hasn't he moved yet? I could play the game very fast for you to audition me 🙂🙂
    (1) He is away on business, back tonight.
    (2) I don't want him to move very fast. I want him to think about his moves, very carefully!
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 23:29
    (1) He is away on business, back tonight.
    (2) I don't want him to move very fast. I want him to think about his moves, very carefully!
    ooooh I nearly failed already :'(
    I like to play quick, especially the opening
  7. Joined
    29 Sep '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 10:36
    1.e4
    id move 1.Nf6 or 1.NC6
    Reasons, what i normally play as black for an opening. White has the advantage of the middle due to being able to move fast, and i find horse' the best way to combat this if i can get them into a hole.
    (dont shoot me for being wrong, im new, only been playing properly for a week or so now 😕)

And do you have to be a suscriber for you to give me lessons?
    im intreasted, but fall short at that point (student budget)
    (and im also a mile down the waiting list)

Thanks.
  8. Joined
    21 Apr '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 11:20
    Originally posted by R3aPeI2
    1.e4
    id move 1.Nf6 or 1.NC6
    Reasons, what i normally play as black for an opening. White has the advantage of the middle due to being able to move fast, and i find horse' the best way to combat this if i can get them into a hole.
    (dont shoot me for being wrong, im new, only been playing properly for a week or so now 😕)

And do you have to be a suscrib ...[text shortened]... all short at that point (student budget)
    (and im also a mile down the waiting list)

Thanks.
    Both 1..Nf6 and Nc6 are playable. I guess the opening moves are more a case of style than one being better than another.

I guess he wants only subscribers for a number of reasons. They are more stable candidates.....people with a years subscription will probably be around for the length of time this takes (Horses first post was on Aug '06). Subscribers on general will play more games and will therefore have more stable ratings, which means that the selection of games will be against people of their own level for the most part. Lastly DF might want to give something back to those who have subscribed on the site. 🙂
  9. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 16:262 edits
    Here is the first key position in my demonstration (tutorial) Game 2660753.

I have just played 5. BXf7+. Is this a good move or a bad move? Why? Please give a short explanation and continuation justifying your statement. If you think it was a bad move why and what should white have played?

10. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 16:301 edit
    Originally posted by Bedlam
    Both 1..Nf6 and Nc6 are playable. I guess the opening moves are more a case of style than one being better than another.

I guess he wants only subscribers for a number of reasons. They are more stable candidates.....people with a years subscription will probably be around for the length of time this takes (Horses first post was on Aug '06). Subscribers o ...[text shortened]... part. Lastly DF might want to give something back to those who have subscribed on the site. 🙂
    No point in commenting on every position. I will try and post key positions for people that want to, to think about and comment on. Later I will give my comments. There is no point in strong players commenting initially, at least not until I make my comments when thay may be able to add value, as I am trying to get players rated about 1400 thinking here. Remember I don't intend to play the best moves (not that I could find them anyway) and want to give opportunities for consideration and discussion. The first key position is in the post above.

As regards the comments on subscribers all of Bedlams reasons apply.
  11. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 16:43
    I think 5.Bxf7+ is a nice example of ejaculatio praecox.
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 16:511 edit
    Here is the first key position in my demonstration (tutorial) Game 2660753.

I have just played 5. BXf7+. Is this a good move or a bad move? Why? Please give a short explanation and continuation justifying your statement. If you think it was a bad move why and what should white have played?

[fen]r1bqkb1r/ppp2Bpp/2np1n2/4p3/4PP2/5N2/PPPP2PP/RNBQK2R[/fen]
    Although it does force the king out and stopping black from being able to castle, I think it is a little premature. The bishop is moved more than once in the opening. I think better would be to develop the knight to c3 or castle.

Just my humble opinion at my level of play. 🙂

EDIT: Thought about it a little more. I think it is a good move. If white castled or moved a different piece, then black can play 5. ..Qe7 or 5. ..Qd7. Considering black's bishop is trapped in, he is limited in scope anyway. Forcing the king out will limit him even more and make him very vulnerable.
    After the King has taken, the bishop (which cannot travel very far anyway) is still in the way of the rook. It still is quite closed for black.
  13. Joined
    30 Sep '06
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 16:58
    Well after Kxf7, white is a piece for a pawn down and looks underdeveloped to mount a sustainable attack.The only developed white piece is the knight on f3 and this horse can do little alone.
    Safer would have been Nc3 or d3 defending e4 or castle to add pressure against the f7 square
    🙂
  14. Joined
    29 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 12:00
    it prevents black from castling, but does put white down a piece, and moving it twice means that whites opening is not as developed.

in white postition i would have castle'd, or simply continued the opening.

oh, and does cj horse look at this thread? i can see a gaps in whites position.
  15. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    26 Oct '06 12:071 edit
    Originally posted by R3aPeI2
    it prevents black from castling, but does put white down a piece, and moving it twice means that whites opening is not as developed.

in white postition i would have castle'd, or simply continued the opening.

oh, and does cj horse look at this thread? i can see a gaps in whites position.
    Tell me about the gaps...........
    (he has taken the B, obviously, but what do you think I will do and why?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree