1. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:261 edit
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    Maybe you need to read the whole thread; Tchex already stated on the first page that he was doing so deliberately because Korch was ignoring him. It is he who needs to grow up.
    But I didnt read at the time that Korch has grossly overstated the number of offers I had made, otherwise I would have pointed that out sooner and people might just have had a different view on the subject.

Besides, in all the games I have played - I have never had an opponent upset about me offering "too many" draws before now - and Korch has already made it clear that he intends to be as antagonistic as possible towards me - so does it not seem probable that he is just stirring up trouble needlessly because he does not like me, rather then as a genuine feeling of the rules being broken
  2. e4
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:271 edit
    Maybe you need to read the whole thread; Tchex already stated on the first page that he was doing so deliberately because Korch was ignoring him. It is he who needs to grow up.
    I was just about to say that.

It does appear from T.Rex's 1st post that he started doing it
    just because Korch had put him on the ignore list.
  3. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:29
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    I was just about to say that.

It does appear from T.Rex's 1st post that he statred doing it
    just because Korch had put him on the ignore list.
    Well I had to offer more then one, because he would have declined it on principal, but I was hoping once the position drifted into a more obviously drawish territory that he might be more sensible and stop wasting his and, infinately more importantly MY, time.
  4. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:301 edit
    I read the entire thread, and I'm not condoning the behavior. I said conditionally that if he did indeed offer a draw only twice, then this whole thread is incredibly stupid. If it was more, my question was, does it really matter? And is it worth whining about in the chess forum? I personally don't give a crap whether or not Korch thinks T-Chex is behaving in an unsportsmanlike fashion. That's between the two of them. Putting him on the ignore list is really enough isn't it? This post reflects poorly upon Korch just as much as it does T-Chex in my opinion. Deal with the problem personally on your own and stop cluttering the chess forum with non chess related personal attacks. If I wasn't such a lax moderator this post would be gone quickly, or at least moved (who the hell knows if this thread belongs anywhere....).
  5. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:312 edits
    Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
    You cannot send messages while you have blocked me - it may have appeared for you, but not for me.
    I did unblock you for one moment to send this message and then blocked you again. So if you did not blocked me you should have read it.
  6. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:33
    But I didnt read at the time that Korch has grossly overstated the number of offers I had made, otherwise I would have pointed that out sooner and people might just have had a different view on the subject.

Besides, in all the games I have played - I have never had an opponent upset about me offering "too many" draws before now - and Korch has ...[text shortened]... lessly because he does not like me, rather then as a genuine feeling of the rules being broken
    Have you offered more than "only two" draws after each move, before?
  7. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:40
    I once had an opponent offer me 8 draws in a row, and eventually I accepted as he had played through to a position I considered to be possible to draw at any level.

I offer draws to opponents quite frequently too - sometimes they take them, sometimes they dont - but you are the first to create a whining topic about it.
  8. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:46
    Originally posted by !~TONY~!
    I read the entire thread, and I'm not condoning the behavior. I said conditionally that if he did indeed offer a draw only twice, then this whole thread is incredibly stupid. If it was more, my question was, does it really matter? And is it worth whining about in the chess forum? I personally don't give a crap whether or not Korch thinks T-Chex is behaving ...[text shortened]... e gone quickly, or at least moved (who the hell knows if this thread belongs anywhere....).
    But it is chess related. unsportsmanlike behavior happens all the time, be it here or OTB, and I think that on RHP there is definitely room for improvement on this part.

What else to do? You could just do nothing about it. Persistent draw offering would definitely bother me and might get me out of my concentration. Or I suppose you could message Chris or Russ about it. Fat chance you'll get a response within a few weeks, if any at all.
  10. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:531 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Donation!~TONY~!
    1...c5!
    Your Kingside
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 16:55
    An attack on T-Chex is not chess related. The topic of unsportsmanlike behavior in OTB or CC chess has come up before. There's a distinct difference between "This guy is an unsportmanslike player" and a post like, "Hey, how do you guys deal with unsportsmanlike behavior, and do you have any good stories?" One's chess related, one is not.
  12. Standard memberKorch
    Chess Warrior
    Riga
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 17:005 edits
    An attack on T-Chex is not chess related. The topic of unsportsmanlike behavior in OTB or CC chess has come up before. There's a distinct difference between "This guy is an unsportmanslike player" and a post like, "Hey, how do you guys deal with unsportsmanlike behavior, and do you have any good stories?" One's chess related, one is not.
    Please read first post more carefully - its not attack on T-chex personally, but its starting of discussion about his behavior - how sportsmanlike it is.

Your bias (knowing your friendly relations with T-chex) seems to be obvious. And deleting my post was unjustified.
  13. e4
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 17:031 edit
    But Korch did not attack T.Rex.

Quote from the very first post.

Korch:

"In my opinion its very unsportsmanlike behavior. What`s your opinion?"

Unquote.

Korch have given his opinion - now he is asking the Forum for theirs.

Edit1: looks like I posted the same time as Korch.
    We are saying the same thing. It's an echo...i
  14. I pity the fool!
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 17:06
    By bending the truth, and witholding key facts about our personal issues, the topic was presented in such a way that it was bound to develop into a personal attack. Korch knows this too, but is trying his best to plead ignorance - I am just trying to play my games and get him out of my way, but he has seen fit to spam up the forums by dragging our problems here - rather then discussing them by private message, which we had been doing for sometime prior to this incident.
  15. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '08 17:081 edit
    By bending the truth, and witholding key facts about our personal issues, the topic was presented in such a way that it was bound to develop into a personal attack. Korch knows this too, but is trying his best to plead ignorance - I am just trying to play my games and get him out of my way, but he has seen fit to spam up the forums by dragging our ...[text shortened]... discussing them by private message, which we had been doing for sometime prior to this incident.
    by bending the truth you've just made it seem as if you had only innocently offered 2 draws in a row. Only, this doesn't work when you've already declared abusive intent with said draw offers in an earlier post.

Edit: Look, just apologize, promise better and move on. You're only digging your own hole. OK?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree