What is up...

What is up...

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
13 Feb 07

...with people who get their Queen out before you've even gotten to a middlegame and start stomping around like maniacs, only annoying you until you finally corner them, take their Queen and continue on your way to winning?!?

I have had a few of these here and on GK recently and its really starting to get irritating.

😠

c

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
...with people who get their Queen out before you've even gotten to a middlegame and start stomping around like maniacs, only annoying you until you finally corner them, take their Queen and continue on your way to winning?!?

I have had a few of these here and on GK recently and its really starting to get irritating.

😠
Hey, want to play a setpiece?

I'll be white, you black, with the moves 1.e4 e5 2.Qh5.

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
13 Feb 07

I will play one, I've got some games coming to a close and I am "more your size" 😉

c

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by ChessJester
I will play one, I've got some games coming to a close and I am "more your size" 😉
Was just a joke - My chess is terrible right now, I just blundered ANOTHER game...to ANOTHER 1400.

Damnit.

s

Moves
13 Feb 07

Funny. Not completely as dumb as the rating would suggest. I know about the 'Fool's mate' and the 'Scholars mate' I just apparently suck at responding to them well. But even when its not the typical Qh5 stuff.

Here's an example from GK (in progress, so no comments - besides comments might hurt my fragile ego.) -

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. c3 Qf6
5. d3 Ng-e7
6. Bg5 Qg6
7. b4 h6
8. Bh4 Qxg2
9. Rf1

I just don't know what to do with these...

aw
Baby Gauss

Ceres

Moves
13 Feb 07

😠
Some times they don't lose. I know i got lucky with Kc3 but still i think i was in the lead on that game.

I see this game like this: If i a humble patzer did pull a win with an early queen move better players sure can do it to. Just don't trap your queen and support her afterwards. That's what I tried to do...

Thanks in advice for any future advices on my moves (if they come).

Game 3124804

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by cmsMaster
Was just a joke - My chess is terrible right now, I just blundered ANOTHER game...to ANOTHER 1400.

Damnit.
that happens to me too sometimes

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
13 Feb 07

Hey, want to play a setpiece?

I'll be white, you black, with the moves 1.e4 e5 2.Qh5.
Sure I'll play that against you. rated, of course!

c

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by Dragon Fire
Sure I'll play that against you. rated, of course!
Set pieces HAVE to be rated, and if you tried to play 1...e5 against me it'd be KG TIME!!

C

EDMONTON ALBERTA

Moves
13 Feb 07

Here are some games from my archives where I trapped the opponents queen or where they brought out the queen to early, maybe you can learn from them.

Game 2673474

This game shows how you can bring your queen out safely, the queenside knight has beed traded off so the d4 square becomes safer for the queen to occupy. If the queenside knight was still undeveloped it could probably chase the queen away to gain a tempo.
Game 2116928
In this game I chased the queen around the board for a bit, getting free development of my pieces. This game illustrates how to take advantage of a poorly placed queen. (although it is not the most accurate play) Game 2109420
This game shows how I used my queen effectively, it was way more active then my opponents: Game 2503510

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
13 Feb 07

Set pieces HAVE to be rated, and if you tried to play 1...e5 against me it'd be KG TIME!!
You know I will play 1. ... e5 in response to 1. e4 (I always do) but there is an alternative. 1. ... g5 (The black Grob) which I may shortly decide to experiment with.

FL

Moves
13 Feb 07
1 edit

You know I will play 1. ... e5 in response to 1. e4 (I always do) but there is an alternative. 1. ... g5 (The black Grob) which I may shortly decide to experiment with.
Some people call 1. ... g5 in response to 1. e4 the Borg Defence ('reverse Grob'😉. Others call it a pile of old crêpe.

DF
Lord of all beasts

searching for truth

Moves
13 Feb 07

Originally posted by Fat Lady
Some people call 1. ... g5 in response to 1. e4 the Borg Defence ('reverse Grob'😉. Others call it a pile of old crêpe.
I played 1. g5 in response to 1. e4 at the club tonight against a 1975 player (OTB) and drew so it can't be that much crepe. Don't have a score of the game unfortunately (it was blitz, about 10 minutes each).

Forum Vampire

Sidmouth, Uk

Moves
13 Feb 07

😠
Game 3016867

You sure showed this guy!😉

S

Moves
14 Feb 07

Oh God no, say it ain't so...
🙄