1. The sky
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 09:22
    Originally posted by dasheddreams
    In the 2003 documentary 'Game On: Kasparov and the machine,' the former world champion can be seen before a match adjusting his knights so that the one on the left faces to the left and the one on the right faces to the right.

But he knows his chessmen well.
    He should join Looking Sideways!
  2. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 17:13
    Originally posted by rubberjaw30
    OK. Hi, Dirty. How are you doing today?

Edit: Blast! the raven beat me to it.
    😛 😀
  3. The Tao Temple
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 17:42
    Does anyone know how to turn the knights in Fritz without turning the whole board? This feature is in the publicity but I can't find it in the menus.
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '07 18:03
    Originally posted by Mixo
    Does anyone know how to turn the knights in Fritz without turning the whole board? This feature is in the publicity but I can't find it in the menus.
    Ha Ha, I'm not sure if you're joking or not! (I don't think this thought would have crossed my mind in a hundred years.) What Fritz version are you looking at? I have Fritz 8, and I don't see any way of doing it via the Fritz GUI. But if you were really serious about it, I guess you could find the piece GIF files and flip or rotate them using a photo processing program. Keep in mind that the piece GIFs keep the same orientation when you flip the board in the Fritz GUI.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 19:46
    Originally posted by joen
    Should my knights face my opponent (and turn their backs on me) or should they turn their faces to the right or left? I prefer the latter. I can see them more clearly this way. Is there any regulations concerning this or is it just a matter of taste?
    I put them facing sideways and opposite from one another. Usually they face outward.
  6. Joined
    18 Oct '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 20:00
    *snicker*
    *walks away*
  7. Joined
    14 Jul '06
    Moves
    22 Mar '07 22:48
    I'm right-handed & the knights tend to face diagonally away from me to the left.
  8. Joined
    30 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Mar '07 02:311 edit
    Deleted - joke was already made 😛

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree