1. Joined
    08 Mar '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 08:48
    Should my knights face my opponent (and turn their backs on me) or should they turn their faces to the right or left? I prefer the latter. I can see them more clearly this way. Is there any regulations concerning this or is it just a matter of taste?
  2. washington
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 08:53
    wow
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 09:16
    Originally posted by joen
    Should my knights face my opponent (and turn their backs on me) or should they turn their faces to the right or left? I prefer the latter. I can see them more clearly this way. Is there any regulations concerning this or is it just a matter of taste?
    Should the knight have ears pointing upwards or not?
  4. Joined
    12 Mar '03
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 09:19
    Ask Robert Redford. He should know.
  5. Standard memberDutch Defense
    Stealer of Souls
    Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 12:08
    😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴 😴
  6. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 12:16
    Personally I like to point them towards my opponents pieces, slighty towards the centre.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 12:49
    You might find that it pays to worry more about which squares your knights are hitting than which direction they face. There are no regulations about which direction they face.
  8. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 13:33
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    You might find that it pays to worry more about which squares your knights are hitting than which direction they face. There are no regulations about which direction they face.
    I think the OP is just making small talk. Its being slightly funny. You other posters are rather drab and possibly dullards that feel compelled to every respond to every Thread with "tactics,blah, dribble". Just because its a chess only Forum doesn't mean it has to be dull in here.
  9. Ede, Netherlands
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 13:37
    It's a very important and interesting question, so I'll try to answer it 🙄
    I prefer knights looking to the left, as they do in most diagrams.
  10. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:02
    I prefer to have them face the left or right, or both, so they can envelop on the enemies' flanks, while the infantry pushes through the centre. Before all of this happens, first have your archers fire arrows at your enemies a few times. When they are decimated, lock the centre by moving your infantry phalanx forward. Then have your knights charge them on the flanks and in their rear, that should have them routing.
  11. Standard memberDragon Fire
    Lord of all beasts
    searching for truth
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:18
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Should the knight have ears pointing upwards or not?
    Should the horses be ridden?
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:24
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    Only in Wales.
  13. Joined
    05 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 14:39
    Originally posted by Dragon Fire
    No he should come in the knight rider http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_Rider
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 17:01
    Originally posted by schakuhr
    I prefer to have them face the left or right, or both, so they can envelop on the enemies' flanks, while the infantry pushes through the centre. Before all of this happens, first have your archers fire arrows at your enemies a few times. When they are decimated, lock the centre by moving your infantry phalanx forward. Then have your knights charge them on the flanks and in their rear, that should have them routing.
    Long time no see, welcome back.
  15. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    18 Mar '07 17:48
    They should face forward if you are playing someone with equal strength or weaker, if you are playing someone stronger than you, then they should face you....unless you are playing on a Tuesday, then they should be at a sort of diagonal-facing position....unless there is a full moon that Tuesday, than the one on the right should face left, and the one on the left should face right...did you get all that?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree