1. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:26
    If you dont have it, you should get it. Its virtually the same thing as a chess coach. £40. I think it might be cheaper if you buy the older versions....
  2. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:41
    wink wink it's the way to 2200+ RHP wink wink
  3. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:43
    Originally posted by heinzkat
    wink wink it's the way to 2200+ RHP wink wink
    Your theory is wrong. Look at my rating! Although its improved, im sure it wont be 2200. But Im still young
  4. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:51
    Originally posted by Chandradi
    If you dont have it, you should get it. Its virtually the same thing as a chess coach. £40. I think it might be cheaper if you buy the older versions....
    Ha! I only paid £17.99 (including P&P) from play.com.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/12145939/Fritz-Chess-12/Product.html
  5. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:52
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    Ha! I only paid £17.99 (including P&P) from play.com.
    http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/12145939/Fritz-Chess-12/Product.html
    What version was that?
  6. Joined
    21 Feb '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:52
    Your theory is wrong. Look at my rating! Although its improved, im sure it wont be 2200. But Im still young
    I think perhaps Heinzkat is suggesting that some of the current crop of 2200+ players are using Fritz as a coaching aid.
  7. Joined
    08 Jun '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 20:56
    Originally posted by Fat Lady
    I think perhaps Heinzkat is suggesting that some of the current crop of 2200+ players are using Fritz as a coaching aid.
    What do you get from that? Fame?!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 21:00
    can you explain this statement further please, why is it like a chess coach? does it teach strategy and planning? positional concepts etc? i ask this in sincerity because although i have heard of Fritz i would like to know how those who have it use it for the betterment of their game. Call me old fashioned but there's nothing like a good book, a roaring fire and a wee dram of the amber nectar of the North to get one in the mood for some epic battle between the masters highlighting some important feature or consideration 🙂
  9. Joined
    25 Apr '06
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 21:04
    What do you get from that? Fame?!
    Chicks
  10. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 23:09
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    can you explain this statement further please, why is it like a chess coach? does it teach strategy and planning? positional concepts etc? i ask this in sincerity because although i have heard of Fritz i would like to know how those who have it use it for the betterment of their game. Call me old fashioned but there's nothing like a good book, a r ...[text shortened]... or some epic battle between the masters highlighting some important feature or consideration 🙂
    You set it to 'drunk' mode,crush it and thus build your confidence because you can beat fritz.

😀
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 23:17
    Originally posted by Ajuin
    You set it to 'drunk' mode,crush it and thus build your confidence because you can beat fritz.

😀
    Lol, its has a drunk mode, well we shall see how much he can hold 😉
  12. Joined
    10 Oct '09
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 23:22
    it has quite a few interesting modes

assasin
    steam roller
    fraidy-cat
    desperado
    reckless
    tit-for-tat
    patzer
    moron
    drunk
  13. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    01 Feb '10 23:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    can you explain this statement further please, why is it like a chess coach? does it teach strategy and planning? positional concepts etc? i ask this in sincerity because although i have heard of Fritz i would like to know how those who have it use it for the betterment of their game. Call me old fashioned but there's nothing like a good book, a r ...[text shortened]... or some epic battle between the masters highlighting some important feature or consideration 🙂
    Nope, you needs books for that. Or, a real chess coach. But, it does provide access to the Playchess server where you can learn everything except a GM's opening prep for additional monies (called ducats). Last time I purchased them, 1 ducat was $0.11. You usually need 2-3 for a lecture by Dennis Monokrosses and 40 for a live broadcast by Yasser Seirawan.
  14. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 00:111 edit
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Nope, you needs books for that. Or, a real chess coach. But, it does provide access to the Playchess server where you can learn everything except a GM's opening prep for additional monies (called ducats). Last time I purchased them, 1 ducat was $0.11. You usually need 2-3 for a lecture by Dennis Monokrosses and 40 for a live broadcast by Yasser Seirawan.
    so, the real commentary cost, lets say 10 tournaments a year, is 400 ducats = 40 euros. plus say a hundred videos 2x100 ducats = 20e. the sub is 30 euros.

total of 90 euros a year, and I think I'm being quite conservative here as I watch much more videos myself. that's quite a lot to pay. a year would easily cost 150-200 euros for me.

ICC is 50 euros, with unlimited access to videos and commentary. incidently that's also the price of fritz 12 in the chessbase shop.
  15. Joined
    30 Aug '06
    Moves
    02 Feb '10 00:13
    Engines can't explain why, they just choose moves.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree