1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 03:00
    If you don't watch the entire Carlsen- Caruana match then you're not even a real chess player...
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 08:11
    @ogb
    This starts today correct?
  3. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 13:45
    @KellyJay

Yes in a little over an hour. I'll be watching on https://worldchess.com...fyi chess.com and chessbomb.com are combining forces...see chess.com/events for current results
  4. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 14:45
    @ketchuplover said
    @KellyJay

Yes in a little over an hour. I'll be watching on https://worldchess.com...fyi chess.com and chessbomb.com are combining forces...see chess.com/events for current results
    Thank You for the link, I'll be following this. I had no idea Woody Harrelson was a chess fan.
  5. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    09 Nov '18 16:22
    @ketchuplover said
    @KellyJay

For those who understand Norwegian you can ask questions to the Norwegian experts here:
    https://direkte.vg.no/studio/sjakk-vm-2018-dag-1
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 14:13
    @lundos said
    For those who understand Norwegian you can ask questions to the Norwegian experts here:
    https://direkte.vg.no/studio/sjakk-vm-2018-dag-1
    Understand this: SEVEN HOURS and a missed win for Maggie, draw in game one.
  7. Standard memberAttilaTheHorn
    Erro Ergo Sum
    In the Green Room
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 19:022 edits
    The problem is that it is poorly telecast, and this has always been true. It's very frustrating trying to watch it with all the commercials intruding all over the page and with the very slow response from uploading the telecast.. They don't even show the players, only a board diagram. If it was professionally done, I'd be very interested. Otherwise, it's a waste of my time. They don't even tell you when the next match is scheduled to begin.
  8. Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 22:20
    I thought the chess.com coverage was quite good. I liked how the commentators didn't have access to the Stockfish analysis, which made it much more interesting as they were explaining the moves based on general principles. They did struggle to find interesting things to say sometimes, but with several minutes between moves that's understandable. I'd happily watch again.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Nov '18 22:293 edits
    @aquatabby said
    I thought the chess.com coverage was quite good. I liked how the commentators didn't have access to the Stockfish analysis, which made it much more interesting as they were explaining the moves based on general principles. They did struggle to find interesting things to say sometimes, but with several minutes between moves that's understandable. I'd happily watch again.
    When is game 2? What I noticed was the breaks in the video from pauses in the internet link, not sure where that came from, my provider or upstream closer to Magnus and Caruana. At least when it stopped for a couple seconds it picked up where it left off so no words were missing.

Ah, went back to chess.com and see game 2 ended in a draw. I thought they got a day off between games. Guess not.

I saw the video of game 2 by Yermolinsky. Nice analysis for sure. I entered his name into Fide rating list and came up empty, anyone know why that is?
    Found another site when I googled him, found his present rating at 2510.
  10. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 14:04
    @ogb said
    If you don't watch the entire Carlsen- Caruana match then you're not even a real chess player...
    2 pretty good games now in the books. Both players are clearly well prepared. The only minor drawback is the main commentator, Judit Polgar has put on quite a lot of weight. She used to be a looker. 😕
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 14:59
    @ogb said
    I have been enjoying the after game analysis by various GMs. They move along much quicker with spot comments.
  12. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 16:211 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I have been enjoying the after game analysis by various GMs. They move along much quicker with spot comments.
    An excellent way to follow the championship is on www. chessnetwork-youtube but not until the day after of course.
    The analysis and alternate lines are all covered
  13. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 20:05
    @ogb

also the Women's Knockout Championship too..
  14. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 21:07
    chess24.com also has pretty good coverage with Peter Svidler and company doing the commentary.

Does the worldchess.com coverage show the players?
  15. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    11 Nov '18 21:20
    @byedidia said
    chess24.com also has pretty good coverage with Peter Svidler and company doing the commentary.

Does the worldchess.com coverage show the players?
    live video. 4 cameras. annoying freezes too 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree