1. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:071 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numeral_system
    another link.... gee thanks.... it's funny cause you've given a link that proves you're wrong... why would you do that..?

anyway, just to prove i'm right yet again... last line on the last paragraph...

"The computer uses different methods to do arithmetic with these kinds of numbers"

thank you... and good night... loser
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:11
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    "The computer uses different methods to do arithmetic with these kinds of numbers"

thank you... and good night... loser
    That was my point. What's being discussed here is the binary numeral system. You are the one mixing up the two things.
  3. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:21
    That was my point. What's being discussed here is the binary numeral system. You are the one mixing up the two things.
    look up binary numeral system on wikipedia... and i quote...

"Since the binary numeral "10 + 10" is equal to the decimal value four, it would be confusing, and numerically incorrect to class that number as four; it is not, its value remains 10"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system

there's your link by the way
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:25

"Since the binary numeral "10 + 10" is equal to the decimal value four, it would be confusing, and numerically incorrect to class that number as four; it is not, its value remains 10"

Learn how to read. Then learn how to quote.

You did both wrong.
  5. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:27
    Learn how to read. Then learn how to quote.

You did both wrong.
    tell me in what way that is wrong and i'll back down.... i sense you know you've lost....

here's the quote on binary numeral system...

could you actually read the whole thread then get back to me... if you have trouble understanding it send me a message and i'll explain it to you...

it is them who have converted the answer to decimal... 10 + 10 = 100 they said, in binary it is not, it remains 10... you do not convert to decimal to get the answer (4) then convert back to binary... binary doesnt work that way...

look up wikipedia, binary numeral system... here's a quote...

is this wrong too????

apology accepted loser
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:271 edit

If 10+10 is 4 in decimal... why does 10+10 remain 10 when 4 = 100 in binary.

There is something you are clearly missing here. I also couldn't find your text from the link provided.

P-
  7. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:28
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    If 10+10 is 4 in decimal... why does 10+10 remain 10 when 4 = 100 in binary.

There is something you are clearly missing here. I also couldn't find your text from the link provided.

P-
    decimal has nothing to do with it.... it is positive, on, true... not 4

apology accepted... loser
  8. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:30
    tell me in what way that is wrong and i'll back down.... i sense you know you've lost....

here's the quote on binary numeral system...

could you actually read the whole thread then get back to me... if you have trouble understanding it send me a message and i'll explain it to you...

it is them who have converted the answer to decimal... 10 + 10 ...[text shortened]... ur; it is not, its value remains 10"

is this wrong too????

apology accepted loser
    Yes, that's wrong. You have added things to your quote of Wikipedia and kept them withing quotations.

You can bang your head against the wall all day. I find it amusing.
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:32

What the hell? Why am I a loser now?

10+10 is NOT 10 in any maths.

P-
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 16:33

That's not binary, that's Boolean Algebra. Knock yourself out:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boolean_algebra_%28logic%29
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 17:16
    no its not, you're wrong...

i was under the impression is was binary to decimal.. so you're right there, there is no 4 or 256 in binary... however you're still wrong...

in binary, it would be 10+10=10... you are wrong to say 100, its not, 1 + 1 = 1 or 0 + 1 = 1, 0 + 0 = 0.... there is no additional digit.... mr dumb!
    Here's something for you, stupid. Be sure to preface your binary with 0b (zero b) That will let the calculator know you are not using the decimal 10.

http://www.microcontroller.com/Embedded.asp?did=92

thus

0b10+0b10

Now hit the little = button. It's called math, probably a new concept for you.

Let me know how you feel when it doesn't say 0b10 is the answer and gives the exact answer you called wrong on page one or so when your stupid insult tirade started.

P-
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 17:40
    Eatmybishop
    If you continue to send me unsolicited, rude private messages I will ask for you to be removed from site.

And face up to the fact that you know NOTHING about binary.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 18:53

btw

from that same wiki link:

"The simplest arithmetic operation in binary is addition. Adding two single-digit binary numbers is relatively simple:

0 + 0 = 0
    0 + 1 = 1
    1 + 0 = 1
    1 + 1 = 10 (carry:1) "

is that understood?
  14. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 19:10
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Eatmybishop
    If you continue to send me unsolicited, rude private messages I will ask for you to be removed from site.

And face up to the fact that you know NOTHING about binary.
    not in any way were my messages offensive, i was merely pointing out why i felt i was right, but not offensive.

could you please tell me - if you found my messages offensive why not tell me in the following message, as oppose to posting it in a thread where everyone can see it?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '07 19:20
    You call me 'mr dumb' and tell me to get a book on binary! .. I call that offensive.

And why message me? I really don't want your insight into a branch of maths I covered when I was 12.

Please do not message me again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree