A Text Adventure, Part II

A Text Adventure, Part II

Posers and Puzzles

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Jun 11

Make the snivellers spilt up and run off with any meat they have, with one running past where I am hiding.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
[b]The little man's face goes scarlet as he shouts, "Did you just call me a MIDGET?! AAAAHGGGHH!"

He leaps up and begins to bludgeon megamaster on the head.

Iamatiger watches as the camp wakes up and begins to shout in panic. He can smell their fear as they wake up and begin to beat the Snivellers with clubs and loo ...[text shortened]... man iamatiger wounded is somewhere in there. Iamatiger can smell his blood and fear.
[/b]
The little man finishes bludgeoning megamaster into unconciousness, and then, breathing heavily and face flushed, sits on the pile of dirt again.

"I am NOT a midget! A midget is a type of human. Not that there's anything wrong about being a midget, but we must be accurate in our labels! Hrrmmph.

OK. Banana King. Pick up a sharp, sturdy chunk of stone that will fit into your hand comfortably, sharp but not too sharp, then, go over to where the birds are!"

He points to where scavenge birds have gathered to feast on some predator's leavings.

"Come along!"

Catching his breath, he stands up and takes a few steps in that direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After waking up the camp, the Snivellers grab chunks of meat and flee downwind in the general direction of iamatiger. One has a particularly large, juicy hunk and comes within reach of iamatiger, conveniently behind a bush where the humans can't see.

The humans are all awakened, shouting. Iamatiger can smell anger and fear and the blood from the one he clawed as well as the damp stink of the Sniveller and the meat from the prey animal.

m
Xelenal of Epaland

Epaladian Sea

Moves
20 Jun 11

[b]The little man finishes bludgeoning megamaster into unconciousness, and then, breathing heavily and face flushed, sits on the pile of dirt again.

"I am NOT a midget! A midget is a type of human. Not that there's anything wrong about being a midget, but we must be accurate in our labels! Hrrmmph.

OK. Banana King. Pick up a sharp, sturdy c ...[text shortened]... wed as well as the damp stink of the Sniveller and the meat from the prey animal.
[/b]
Iamatiger looks mighty tastey. mmmm....meat.

Moves
20 Jun 11

Kill the sniveller!

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Jun 11

Megamaster begins mumbling and twitching, but he does not gain consciousness.

Iamatiger easily snaps the Sniveller's spine with one bite to the neck.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
20 Jun 11

The little man cracks Banana King on the shin. "Let's go! You need to learn this or you will die. Once you learn to feed yourself then you can do more interesting things, but without food, and without appropriate understanding and knowledge, you will not survive long enough!

Banana King, please pick up the Meat Scraper you made and let's get you some meat!"

m
Xelenal of Epaland

Epaladian Sea

Moves
21 Jun 11

[b]The little man cracks Banana King on the shin. "Let's go! You need to learn this or you will die. Once you learn to feed yourself then you can do more interesting things, but without food, and without appropriate understanding and knowledge, you will not survive long enough!

Banana King, please pick up the Meat Scraper you made and let's get you some meat!"
[/b]
User 301547

Midgets dad.

Moves
24 Jun 11

Time to go. Now not possessed I am feeling a bit sorry about banan king's finger, maybe we could share this meat?

BK

Moves
24 Jun 11

pick up meat scraper

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 Jun 11

[i][b]"Finally!" the little man exclaims. "Now, you need to do the following:

Find Scavenger Birds
Chase Away Scavenger Birds
Scrape Meat From Carcass

Once you have done those things, you will have learned how to efficiently harvest meat. Then you can survive out here on the plains, even in a place without much magic in the air.

Otherwise, you will probably starve, and then I'd feel guilty.

Once you've learned to scavenge meat, I will show you a place with more magic than this place has. You are a magical man, perhaps you will like it better there."

Moves
26 Jun 11

Yes, banana king needs to eat too. Take the meat back to banana king.

BK

Moves
27 Jun 11

what are scavenger birds? what powers do they possess?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Jun 11

In response to Banana King, the little man points off into the distance, into the air:

"They can see and smell flesh anywhere. They wait until it's unguarded and then they eat. But they are too weak to fight you if you chase them off and take the meat quickly with your Meat Scraper."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The crone, satisfied, becomes quiet. The sudden scent of bananas around iamatiger makes him feel peaceful and happy, and he suddenly wants to go back to Banana King and show him what a good job he did recapturing his meat! He feels like a kitten again, and as he walks back to Banana King, he realizes he's doing something he can't remember having done before - he's purring!

Suddenly, his scarred paw feels a sharp pain that quickly fades to a dull ache.

BK

Moves
27 Jun 11

i dont understand my orders, why find then chase birds?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Jun 11

"So you can get the meat they are eating!"