Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    06 Mar '11 01:472 edits
    You are in a jungle. It is humid and raining.

    For Part I, see Thread 129656
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    46092
    06 Mar '11 04:35
    A gentleman in such circumstances should remove his clothing and sit on them until the rain has stopped; thereby ensuring dry clothing.

    (This was an actual tip I read from something like "A Victorian Gentleman's Guide to Surviving The Tropics"😉
  3. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    06 Mar '11 07:21
    You are already naked. You have no clothes.
  4. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    5514
    06 Mar '11 16:47
    fashion a spear out of sticks to defend myself
  5. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    06 Mar '11 18:27
    Banana King has a Wooden Spear
  6. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    44348
    06 Mar '11 19:05
    Fashion a bow and arrow out of sticks.
    Wait for opportunity to ambush Banana King.
  7. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    06 Mar '11 21:382 edits
    Clarkandfire does not know how to make a bow and arrow.

    Banana King notices Clarkandfire eying him and brandishes his spear.

    Clarkandfire remembers an old story. The Banana King was ambushed and killed by a cannibal, but using his nature magic, he came back to life and with his beast spirit ally and his deadly Banana Scythe, slew the cannibal and sent the thing's damned soul into the underworld from whence it came!
  8. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Joined
    03 Apr '06
    Moves
    44348
    07 Mar '11 05:04
    Play nice and offer my services to Banana King until a more fitting opportunity presents itself.
  9. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26583
    08 Mar '11 23:03
    Lie on a branch in a nice big leafy tree sheltering from the rain.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    09 Mar '11 03:46
    Originally posted by iamatiger
    Lie on a branch in a nice big leafy tree sheltering from the rain.
    Iamatiger shakes his groggy head and climbs to his feet. He sees Banana King and clarkandfire glaring at one another. He stretches forth his claws and clambers up a nearby tree and looks down at the clearing.

    The Banana people are mostly lying unconscious on the ground of the clearing. The entrance to the cave has been covered with rocks and debris. Those people who are conscious seem to be gathering up their things and trying to figure out how to move all the unconscious people.

    The banana grove has been stripped clean of all fruit. The Banana people are preparing to move on. They are muttering fearfully about curses and evil magic.
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    09 Mar '11 07:18
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    [b]Iamatiger shakes his groggy head and climbs to his feet. He sees Banana King and clarkandfire glaring at one another. He stretches forth his claws and clambers up a nearby tree and looks down at the clearing.

    The Banana people are mostly lying unconscious on the ground of the clearing. The entrance to the cave has been covered with rocks a ...[text shortened]... ple are preparing to move on. They are muttering fearfully about curses and evil magic.
    [/b]
    They all die.
  12. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    5514
    10 Mar '11 02:01
    climb to top of trees tarzan style
  13. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iViva la Hispanidad!
    tinyurl.com/y2c6j2t3
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    10 Mar '11 04:531 edit
    [b][i]There is little to be seen from the tree canopy. The band of humans has begun to leave the area, wandering off to find more food. "Let's check the fig trees" one person says, and everyone decides to wander off that way. Soon, however, it becomes clear - the figs are mostly gone!

    It seems as though some people or animals have already gathered the food in the area. Berry bushes have few berries. Fruit trees have little fruit. It's all been eaten or taken, but by who or what?

    It soon becomes clear that the best source of food still available is meat. There still grunters and hoofers out there in plenty.

    Iamatiger has little trouble feeding himself, but hunting is too challenging for him to provide for the humans. Besides, they're not kittens. Even kittens have to learn to provide for themselves eventually.

    They will need to find a way to acquire meat on their own, because meat is what is available.
  14. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    5514
    10 Mar '11 13:11
    i control one food group (or half of one)
    does anybody control the meat products? lol
  15. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    26583
    11 Mar '11 22:17
    Go to sleep in tree
Back to Top