1. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 21:42
    i bribe avalnchecat with bananas to help fight mr phil
    I eat magic bananas and it refills my strength, medicates my bruises, takes away my nauseous feeling and fills my hungry stomach with food.
    😀
  2. Joined
    28 Mar '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '10 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by Banana King
    i bribe avalnchecat with bananas to help fight mr phil
    I eat magic bananas and it refills my strength, medicates my bruises, takes away my nauseous feeling and fills my hungry stomach with food.
    😀
    Are we just making stuff up now?
    In that case I summon a giant banana weevil!

If we're sticking to the text adventure theme, who remembers this:

MrPhil sits down and starts singing about gold
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 May '10 02:274 edits
    [i][b]Banana King has his odd name because he is a shaman of sorts, and has a couple acolytes who want to learn the Way of the Banana. His acolytes are young teen boys who nervously edge forward, frightened of the club wielding MrPhil. They pick up long sticks and nervously start to poke at him. Avalanche is also one of his associates, though not quite a minion.

Banana King begins to dance his magic Banana Dance of Power...

YouTube

...but he has no material components (banana skins, seeds, etc). He is also being bludgeoned. Not only that, the banana grove is occupied, denying him it's power!

However he manages to conjure up a mouthful of banana which he savors just as he is bludgeoned to the ground and loses conciousness. The sweet, sweet mouthful...

His assistants start to throw rocks at MrPhil, shouting, "leave him alone you bully!"

It is early afternoon now.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    01 May '10 02:36
    Originally posted by MrPhil

Don't recognize it, sorry.

I do remember mapping out Zork...the map was bizaare.
  5. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 10:12

I remember! Did you have the version that allowed you to 'do' things? You could even kill Gandalf with that command. I particuarly enjoyed killing him and stuffing him in the box in Bag-End.

I 'do' the Goblins.
  6. Joined
    28 Mar '07
    Moves
    01 May '10 17:59
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I remember! Did you have the version that allowed you to 'do' things? You could even kill Gandalf with that command. I particuarly enjoyed killing him and stuffing him in the box in Bag-End.

I 'do' the Goblins.
    I don't think so, but in my version I could kill most things using the right item.
    For example, you can't kill Gandalf with sting, but you can with the rope.

Never made any sense to me.
  7. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    01 May '10 18:13
    I don't think so, but in my version I could kill most things using the right item.
    For example, you can't kill Gandalf with sting, but you can with the rope.

Never made any sense to me.
    In mine you could 'do' the door, the trapdoor, the spiders... crashed a lot mind.
  8. Behind the computer.
    Moves
    02 May '10 19:20
    Eat Mr. Phil and Bananaking.

(I am a grue)!
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 May '10 05:38
    [b][i]Range blasts, another mystical sort who is close to the spirit of the grue, is driven mad by his hunger and sprints toward MrPhil, who is getting pelted with rocks and preparing to crush Banana King's skull with his club. MrPhil barely is able to ward off range blasts with his club.

MrPhil is bruised. He is being pelted with rocks and being attacked by a raving madman. All things considered he's doing pretty well, but if he doesn't make a plan soon he will be overwhelmed by his many attackers.

Banana King is unconcious.

Range blast is bruised. He is attacking MrPhil. He is an expert on the dreaded Grue.
  10. Joined
    28 Mar '07
    Moves
    03 May '10 06:35
    Throw stick at grue
    Climb tree
  11. Joined
    24 Jan '09
    Moves
    03 May '10 11:18
    run away with cover from my banana army
  12. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    03 May '10 13:01
    Follow smell of rotting meat... yum
  13. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    03 May '10 19:22
    inv
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 May '10 19:594 edits
    MrPhil flings his club at range blast and cracks him lightly on the forehead, dazing him. He then leaps up into the branches of a tree and scrambles up higher.

Range blasts, dazed from the club strike and his own mystical frenzy, stands confused for a moment before dropping to his knees and biting into Banana King's thigh!!

Mmmmm....sweet, sweet blood...tastes like bananas...

The two banana acolytes stand stunned for a moment. Then one snatches up the club and hits range blasts across the upper back with it. The other skips up and kicks him in the ribs! Stunned, range blasts is unable to prevent them from dragging Banana King off into the bushes!

MrPhil seems to have escaped all his attackers!

PBE6, rumored to be another member of the banana cult wanders into the clearing. He had been looking for food but was chased back by the grue that is lurking out there. He takes stock of himself, and realizes he has nothing.

Avalancethecat wanders off into the bushes following those tantalizing scents. Sniff sniff...there's blood here on the leaves...looks like something fairly large smashed through this part...there's a lot of blood splashed around...wait...the trail seems to have stopped at the foot of a large tree.

There's something...familiar...about the scents here...but why? It's so confusing...

A droplet of blood drips on to a leaf a whisker's distance from his nose.

Looking up, Avalanche sees something...something in the tree...something man sized...or bigger...something with two glowing eyes here in the dark, overgrown part of the jungle.

Avalanche is out of sight of the fig clearing but could probably sprint back fairly quickly...if he starts NOW!
  15. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    03 May '10 20:42
    Growl, climb fig tree and look around.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree