1. Joined
    27 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 15:01
    Try and figure this out geniuses.
    A man living on the third floor steps into an elevator with no one on it. It makes no stops, I repeat, no stops untill it reaches the first floor. It doesn't go below the first floor or above the third. But when he gets out, HE IS DEAD. PERIOD.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 15:03
    By first floor do you mean the ground floor?
  3. Joined
    27 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 15:07
    I mean the first floor. There is a basement. But the elevator doesn't stop there. It doesn't go to the basement.
  4. Joined
    27 Jun '04
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 15:25
    Doesn't anyone have any ideas?! It is fairly easy to answer.
  5. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 16:52
    How could he get out of the elevator if he is dead?
  6. Standard memberThe Plumber
    Leak-Proof
    under the sink
    Moves
    19 Feb '05 22:29
    Originally posted by Shoskavitch
    A man living on the third floor steps into an elevator with no one on it. It makes no stops, I repeat, no stops untill it reaches the first floor. It doesn't go below the first floor or above the third. But when he gets out, HE IS DEAD. PERIOD.
    Not sure where you're going with this, but in addition to Ark13's excellent question, I have a few others.

You said he lives on the third floor, but didn't say what floor he was on when he entered the elevator.
    You didn't say that he got out on the first floor (or as Ark13 pointed out, how as a dead man he managed to get out).
    You didn't say that no one else stepped onto the elevator at the third floor.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 00:41
    Doesn't anyone have any ideas?! It is fairly easy to answer.
    A bit too easy to answer. Maybe a sniper shot him from across the street. Maybe there was poisonous fumes in the elevator. Maybe somebody cut the elevator cord or it snapped. It seems a few methods of death are possible, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Oh, and maybe he slumped against the door after the sniper shot him, and 'got out' by falling out once the door opened at the bottom.
  8. London
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 01:31
    its sooooo obvious...he shot himself...it's really not that difficult to answer!
  9. London
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 01:51
    or perhaps.....there was a hole in the floor of the elevator!

fred
  10. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    20 Feb '05 02:02
    OK, he's in the elevator. Doesn't go above 3rd, doesn't go beow 1st.

I reckon it's violently shaking up and down between 1st and 3rd. He dies of a brain haemorrhage caused by "lift drift". He leans against the elevator door, stiff as a board, until someone opens it.

Any one of several million answers.

OK, so what's the real one? Put us out of our misery......
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 12:02
    Maybe somebody cut the elevator cord

That's what I'm going with. The cord was either cut so as to barely be able to hold the elevator car, but not the car plus a person, or someone cut the cord as the man got in.

Or, depending on how an "elevator" is defined, maybe there was no floor!

In any case, the man died due to falling two stories.
  12. Under Cover
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 12:07
    He was 87 years old. When he stepped out of the elevator, he was face to "face" with the models from this year's SI Swimsuit edition in their painted on garb....Heart Attack...instantly.
  13. Standard memberknight77
    The Knights rules
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 17:29
    He was dead when he entered
  14. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 19:28
    His killer got on the elevator right after him, on the same floor.
  15. Sunny Morecambe
    Moves
    21 Feb '05 23:24
    The elevator doors slammed shut on him, squishing him into a pancake, and he falls out dead?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree