1. Joined
    11 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 19:46
    This may sound odd but a nail (the kind you use a hamer on),a stone and a box are all elements of the solution.

Happy now? (this is my final clue)
  2. Joined
    04 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Feb '07 20:45
    He took a nail out of the wall, chipped a stone with the nail from the wall and made a box out of the stones he chipped. Then he put the box on his head and hung himself......

somehow.....
  3. Joined
    07 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 04:23
    Originally posted by Lord Leto
    This may sound odd but a nail (the kind you use a hamer on),a stone and a box are all elements of the solution.

Now, I have to say, Leto, this is really ridiculous. How are a nail, stone, and box supposed to be conjured up from an "empty" room? I imagine your next clue is going to read, "Oh yeah, the answer also involves a diving board and a spool of yarn"--in this "empty" room, of course. The room doesn't sound very empty to me.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 04:34

The man imagined himself free playing with a nail, stones and a box. In his fantasy he let loose his "stones" and put his "nail" in the "box".

Then he complimented himself on how well hung he was.
  5. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 05:092 edits
    he went to the store and filled the box with apples.
    Then he used the nail to cut the apples for a delicious meal.
    Finaly he served the meal on a stone tab.
    Then he ran free in the country.
  6. Joined
    05 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 05:39
    Ok, i reckon he hits his head against the wall untill it gets sore. He then takes the saw and cuts one of his fingers in half. Since two halfs makes one whole, the man can take the hole and put it in the wall to escape. He can then get whatever material he needs to hang himself.
  7. Behind you
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 09:211 edit
    Does this apply to me to?
    Most definitely not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 09:29
    Originally posted by Kiwi kid
    Ok, i reckon he hits his head against the wall untill it gets sore. He then takes the saw and cuts one of his fingers in half. Since two halfs makes one whole, the man can take the hole and put it in the wall to escape. He can then get whatever material he needs to hang himself.
    What saw? You trying to make sore = saw? That's not a stretch 🙄
  9. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 11:161 edit

He decided to shadow-box till he was a stone lighter, but his shadow nailed him to the wall with a string of punches and left him hanging his head in shame.
  10. Joined
    13 Jan '05
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 12:10

I've heard a similar riddle to this before where the guy was in a room that was empty apart from a table, the answer to which is:

he rubbed his hands until they were 'sore'
    he used the 'saw' to cut the table in half
    two halves make a 'whole'
    he jumped through the 'hole' to escape
    he shouted until he was 'hoarse' and then called the 'horse' to gallop away to freedom

So i'm thinking this riddle is a similar play on words, but I can't figure out how to make a nail, stone or box!

Leto - can you at least tell me if this is along the right lines?!!
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 15:39

Well you suckered us in good.....
  12. i do not know
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:45
    He used the naill to get a stone from the wall and swallowed it. which cut off his breathing and died.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 16:46
    Originally posted by bloodyboy
    He used the naill to get a stone from the wall and swallowed it. which cut off his breathing and died.
    The nail must have been up his butt when they stuck him in that 'empty room'.
  14. i do not know
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 17:092 edits
    Ok. He stands on top of the box and nails himself to the ceiling. then kicks the box out from under him and kills himself.

yes. i know this sounds gross.
  15. i do not know
    Moves
    05 Feb '07 17:26
    He said thatIt’s a play on words thing; The room was built around him.

In the riddle he said that--After a long time he can't stand hes situation anymore- he physically can’t stand anymore cause of something.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree