Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Posers and Puzzles

Posers and Puzzles

  1. 08 Nov '04 09:26
    Here is the ultimate number trick I discovered a long time ago.

    I went on to major in Pure Mathematics at university, and have reviewed the trick with many mathematicians, but no-one is yet to explain how this works. Can you ?

    I've been hesitant to share this with anyone but am prepared to do so now ... at negligible cost to you.

    The first step is to think of a number with 2 or more digits (go as high as you like but just don't tell me).

    The only other thing you need to do is click the RECOMMEND button immediately below. The trick depends on having a group of people involved. When the number of recommendations reaches 10, I'll publish the next step.
  2. 08 Nov '04 11:31 / 1 edit
    btw - 42 is not my number.
    simple - the way that it works is that you take the numbers, add them up - and they all come out to be some other number!

    42
  3. 08 Nov '04 11:36
    The only other thing you need to do is click the RECOMMEND button ... (at the top of this thread) ... The trick depends on having a group of people involved. When the number of recommendations reaches 10, I'll publish the next step.
  4. 08 Nov '04 12:11
    Originally posted by STANG
    and have reviewed the trick with many mathematicians, but no-one is yet to explain how this works.
  5. 08 Nov '04 12:50
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    What I mean is ... the trick gives a consistent result but it's yet to be shown mathematically why this works. Come on ... give it a go !
  6. 08 Nov '04 17:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by STANG
    What I mean is ... the trick gives a consistent result but it's yet to be shown mathematically why this works.
    I find that extremely hard to believe.

    You require a mere 10 recs, but already have 41.
    How did you manage to get so many since May 2004?
    How many other 'tricks' have you pulled?
  7. 08 Nov '04 20:57
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    I find that extremely hard to believe.

    You require a mere 10 recs, but already have 41.
    How did you manage to get so many since May 2004?
    How many other 'tricks' have you pulled?
    You're paranoid. It is a good number trick. I didn't realise I had so many recs. I made a political statement on the debates forum that people must have been agreeing with. Amazing that people wont simply click the rec button at the top of this thread.
  8. 08 Nov '04 21:00
    STANG is a living joke. Feel free to rec this if you like.
  9. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    08 Nov '04 22:53
    This thread is an annoying gimick. Don't recommend or we'll have tons more. Maybe someone will post a chess problem then ask for a certain number of recs to show the result.
    I suggest that asking for recs be bannable.
  10. 08 Nov '04 22:54
    I can see by your comment and your profile that you're a #!#!#?@?!?# (I already posted what you are but even the moderators had to remove it)
  11. 08 Nov '04 22:55
    Originally posted by STANG
    I can see by your comment and your profile that you're a #!#!#?@?!?# (I already posted what you are but even the moderators had to remove it)
    You talkin' to me, son?
  12. 09 Nov '04 07:30
    ShadowGnu seems to be the "shadow" or the " proxy" of STANG -
    an equal partner (accomplice )in this game of tricks
  13. 09 Nov '04 07:45
    Originally posted by cosmic voice
    ShadowGnu seems to be the "shadow" or the " proxy" of STANG -
    an equal partner (accomplice )in this game of tricks
    How did you work that out ?
  14. 09 Nov '04 08:57
    Originally posted by THUDandBLUNDER
    I find that extremely hard to believe.

    You require a mere 10 recs, but already have 41.
    How did you manage to get so many since May 2004?
    How many other 'tricks' have you pulled?
    Where on this site did you get 41 from ?
  15. 09 Nov '04 11:02 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by STANG
    How did you work that out ?
    You are speaking for ShadowGnu. And earlier he spoke for
    your trick ..That's it...?