1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '04 09:37
    As I've already said ...

Honestly, I'm not prepared to share my discovery without setting it up so that there's a large number of people who recognise the discovery as mine.
  2. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Nov '04 10:472 edits
    Originally posted by STANG
    As I've already said ...

Honestly, I'm not prepared to share my discovery without setting it up so that there's a large number of people who recognise the discovery as mine.
    Cheskmate has independently discovered " the miraculous trick "too. He/She has promised to reveal it on this very thread after getting 20 recs. His/Her independent discovery seems to be an honest one and he/she wants a larger number of people to benefit from it.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '04 21:18
    Originally posted by cosmic voice
    Cheskmate has independently discovered " the miraculous trick "too. He/She has promised to reveal it on this very thread after getting 20 recs. His/Her independent discovery seems to be an honest one and he/she wants a larger number of people to benefit from it.
    Big deal. Let's forget it.
  4. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 07:52
    Big deal. Let's forget it.
    Good. BUT.. Remember...You have done no original discovery..
    See the websites on Mathemagics.....Its all there ...By the way here is a puzzle for you.
    FIND THE LAST 10 DIGITS OF the number 9^(9^(9^9)).
  5. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 07:551 edit
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 10:23
    Good. BUT.. Remember...You have done no original discovery..
    See the websites on Mathemagics.....Its all there ...By the way here is a puzzle for you.
    FIND THE LAST 10 DIGITS OF the number 9^(9^(9^9)).
    OK, starting from the units digit, the answer is 9. I'll let you know the 10's digit when the number of recommendations form my entry at the start of this thread goes up.
  7. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 20:24
    OK, starting from the units digit, the answer is 9. I'll let you know the 10's digit when the number of recommendations form my entry at the start of this thread goes up.
    Definately a case for the non-rec'd category. Curiously, STANG is an anagram of angst.

skeeter
  8. my head
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 20:43
    i think everyone knows that you are offering this up here and now, STANG, so you can just tell us now.
    i dont see how you need recs to show that you had this first, just because people want to see something, dosn't mean that you had it first.

and i really want to know what you have.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Nov '04 23:57
    It really is amazing how paranoid you all are when you only have to click the Recommend button on my first post ...

OK, the next step is to modify the number you started with by removing any digits that also exist in the square number you just calculated.

e.g. Start with 123. Digits add up to 6. Square 6 = 36. 36 has a 3 in it which means you would remove the 3 from 123 to get 12 (twelve).

I'm prepared to give you the next step if you at least get the first post up to 5 recommendations.

By the way, George Bush is a liar and a war monger. George Bush is a threat to the security of the world.
  10. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    16 Nov '04 11:37
    It really is amazing how paranoid you all are when you only have to click the Recommend button on my first post ...

OK, the next step is to modify the number you started with by removing any digits that also exist in the square number you just calculated.

e.g. Start with 123. Digits add up to 6. Square 6 = 36. 36 has a 3 in it which means you would remov ...[text shortened]... y, George Bush is a liar and a war monger. George Bush is a threat to the security of the world.
    Hmm. Either you have discovered something new and interesting in the field of number theory, or you haven't.

If you have, then the conventional thing to do is to write an article and submit it to a mathematical journal, but even if you can't do that there are plenty of ways of announcing it in a way that will let you claim to be the 'author' of it, such as simply posting the whole thing in this forum. As with most discoveries, though, the knowledge is far more important than who found it first - I mean it's not like you can get a patent on number theory. I must say, you're the one who sounds paranoid about your intellectual property rights.

If on the other hand your discovery is not new and interesting, then this thread is just begging for recs. Either way I'm not inclined to give you any, unless you can show that recs are mathematically essential to your 'ultimate number trick'.
  11. Standard memberroyalchicken
    CHAOS GHOST!!!
    Elsewhere
    Moves
    16 Nov '04 13:49
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    Hmm. Either you have discovered something new and interesting in the field of number theory, or you haven't.

If you have, then the conventional thing to do is to write an article and submit it to a mathematical journal, but even if you can't do that there are plenty of ways of announcing it in a way that will let you claim to be the 'author' of it, s ...[text shortened]... ss you can show that recs are mathematically essential to your 'ultimate number trick'.
    I haven't read this thread all the way through, because I'm lazy, but possibly STANG is doing the equivalent of saying ''pick a number and I'll do something clever with it''. If he wants it to be a number chosen by the group such that no one person has control over it's value, recs are a good way to do it.
  12. Joined
    10 Jun '04
    Moves
    16 Nov '04 20:22
    ShadowGnu seems to be the "shadow" or the " proxy" of STANG -
    an equal partner (accomplice )in this game of tricks
    man - so quick to make up some load of bs. Did you read my original post??? First of all - I don't even know what the point of having recommendations is. Second - I was just posting to be funny. Third - I don't even see a recommend button.... there's a link that says recommend, but is that what he's calling the recommend button?
  13. Standard memberPBE6
    Bananarama
    False berry
    Moves
    16 Nov '04 20:591 edit
    Congratulations, you're all suckers. STANG, if your point was to make yourself look like a weasel, consider it made.
  14. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    19 Nov '04 14:44
    Originally posted by ShadowGnu
    man - so quick to make up some load of bs. Did you read my original post??? First of all - I don't even know what the point of having recommendations is. Second - I was just posting to be funny. Third - I don't even see a recommend button.... there's a link that says recommend, but is that what he's calling the recommend button?
    you need to be a pawn star (subscriber) to be able to rec, if i remember correctly. and why not just count up all the posts so far? or take the 4 that he's already got for the random number?

dang, STANG irritates me! anyone wanna guess his age?!? 😀
  15. my head
    Moves
    19 Nov '04 14:46
    look.

we can all try this with a bagillihrgolion numbers on our own without telling you what any of them are, there is no legitemet reason for you to need recs, so just tell us the algorithm!😠

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree