09 Nov '04 11:022 edits
    Originally posted by STANG
    How did you work that out ?
    You are speaking for ShadowGnu. And earlier he spoke for
    your trick ..That's it...?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '04 11:12
    Aren't you folks interested in finding out the trick ?

I wish I hadn't used that word "trick" as I realise it made you all paranoid.

I really do need a large group of people it to work. It also means that I get to broadcast my discovery simultaneously to as many people as possible and thus reduce the chances of someone else claiming it as their discovery.

Maybe, I'll just let it go.
  3. DonationAcolyte
    Now With Added BA
    Loughborough
    Moves
    09 Nov '04 11:25
    Aren't you folks interested in finding out the trick ?

I wish I hadn't used that word "trick" as I realise it made you all paranoid.

I really do need a large group of people it to work. It also means that I get to broadcast my discovery simultaneously to as many people as possible and thus reduce the chances of someone else claiming it as their discovery.

Maybe, I'll just let it go.
    How about you just tell us the next step, and then things will either work or not work depending on how many people have thought of a number? Even if it doesn't work we ought to be able to imagine how it might work given more people.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Nov '04 21:12
    Originally posted by Acolyte
    How about you just tell us the next step, and then things will either work or not work depending on how many people have thought of a number? Even if it doesn't work we ought to be able to imagine how it might work given more people.
    OK.
    Calculate the sum of the digits in your number.
    Then click on the RECOMMEND button at the top of this thread.
  5. Standard memberjimmyb270
    Top Gun
    Angels 20
    Moves
    09 Nov '04 22:28

Then click on the RECOMMEND button at the top of this thread.
    Why do you need recs? WIll this trick not work without them?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 07:19
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Hoestly, I'm not prepared to share my discovery without setting it up so that there's a large number of people who recognise the discovery as mine.
  7. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 14:401 edit
    Let's guess what it could be:

Take a number of 2 or more digits
    calculate the sum of the digits and take that sum away from the original number

sum the digits of the answer
    if the digit sum has more than 1 digits then sum it's digits, and continue doing that repeatedly until you have a 1 digit answer

your answer is 9.
  8. my head
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 18:38
    Originally posted by iamatiger

if the digit sum has more than 1 digits then sum it's digits, and continue doing that repeatedly until you have a 1 digit answer

your answer is 9.
    there are a number of known add-the-didget number tricks, most of the ones i've seen produce loops, not a single answer. i've never seen a proof of one, but i've never looked
  9. Joined
    08 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 20:421 edit
    Originally posted by jimmyb270
    Anyone can by now guess his trick for certain. I, for example KNOW his trick . I will reveal it to all of you ...in my next post...In the meantime give me 20 recs.....OKAY.?.I need the recs because I want a larger number of people to KNOW this miraculous TRICK.....
  10. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 21:282 edits
    Originally posted by iamatiger

if the digit sum has more than 1 digits then sum [i]it' ...[text shortened]... t repeatedly until you have a 1 digit answer

your answer is 9.
    Yes Iamatigre, Your contention can be proved to be true according to simple rules of arithmetic....BUT,.this does not sound to be that great a secret as STANG wants us to believe his trick must be..
    He wants us to believe that his trick, has remained unproven and unprovable by mathematics, something deeper and much more profound .
    If at all his trick is something other than accumulating a record number of recs exploiting the curiousity of all the respondents of this thread..., .it should be taken with all seriousness..
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 21:44
    If at all his trick is something other than accumulating a record number of recs exploiting the curiousity of all the respondents of this thread..., .it should be taken with all seriousness..[/b]
    I hope so.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 21:46
    The next step is to square the answer you got when you added up the digits. Without any more recs, that's as far as I'm going to go.
  13. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 22:01
    The next step is to square the answer you got when you added up the digits. Without any more recs, that's as far as I'm going to go.
    But why do you need the recs? Do you want the recs as a price for revealing the trick? Does this not amount to exploiting the curiousity of
    posters to accumulate recs for yourself?
  14. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 22:09
    [b]Aren't you folks interested in finding out the trick ?
    No one is interested in geting any such trick from someone whose motive is to extort recs as a price for it.
  15. Joined
    19 Jun '04
    Moves
    11 Nov '04 07:452 edits
    Why are you sooo.... brazenly, desperately and recklessly hungry for recs?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree