1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    16 Aug '17 01:48
    YouTube

    Sometimes I feel hopeless. Tell me things get better when the dinosaurs die off. That was an allusion, btw.
  2. Cosmos
    Joined
    20 May '17
    Moves
    2073
    16 Aug '17 03:58
    panspermia
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    16 Aug '17 06:51
    Originally posted by @apathist
    [youtube]9yJfbxHNow4[/youtube]

    Sometimes I feel hopeless. Tell me things get better when the dinosaurs die off. That was an allusion, btw.
    I stopped watching the video when I was informed that
    "Fact #1: The Big Bang theory is one of the most ridiculously impractical theories for the origin of the universe."

    Oh, another one who claims that he knows everything, yet knows nothing.
    Is this really a fact? No, of course not, it is just his opinion, nothing more.

    Evolution says nothing about Big Bang theory. It's not even a part of it. He who says it is doesn't know anything about evolution. Nor Big Bang.

    This video isn't about science, shouldn't be here in the Science Forum at all. The producer just shows his ignorance, nothing more. Noone has anything to learn from it.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    16 Aug '17 11:31
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I stopped watching the video when I was informed that
    "Fact #1: The Big Bang theory is one of the most ridiculously impractical theories for the origin of the universe."

    Oh, another one who claims that he knows everything, yet knows nothing.
    Is this really a fact? No, of course not, it is just his opinion, nothing more.

    Evolution says nothing abo ...[text shortened]... t all. The producer just shows his ignorance, nothing more. Noone has anything to learn from it.
    That's a good enough review for me. Another bullocks video. All it does is confirm what others BELIEVE from the crummy bible. Fake tales, fake god, all manmade from day one. No heaven no hell and FOR SURE no WW flood.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    16 Aug '17 11:461 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    That's a good enough review for me. Another bullocks video. All it does is confirm what others BELIEVE from the crummy bible. Fake tales, fake god, all manmade from day one. No heaven no hell and FOR SURE no WW flood.
    Anyone who can't differ evolution from big bang are just ignorant. They have lost their interest to look it up and learn something. For short - religious.

    "Is it important to be ignorant to be christian and go to heaven?"
    "Not necessarily, but it helps."
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    16 Aug '17 12:202 edits
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Anyone who can't differ evolution from big bang are just ignorant. They have lost their interest to look it up and learn something. For short - religious.

    "Is it important to be ignorant to be christian and go to heaven?"
    "Not necessarily, but it helps."
    The main problem is theists cannot for some reason separate life origin from evolution. I keep telling them they are two separate scientific disciplines but that statement 100% is met with deaf ears.

    "If you can't tell me how the universe got here then evolution is bogus'. great logic, eh.

    I keep telling them over and over evolutionists don't care how life got here, they ONLY study how life changes once it is already here but they can't make the tiny leap of logic about that.

    Thinking about that, I think theists view that as if they accepted our idea that life origin science is a different discipline from evolution, that would be considered a kink in their own dogma about creationism and such and they cannot allow the slightest bump in the connection of the two concepts otherwise half the battle would be lost from their POV.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    16 Aug '17 12:26
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The main problem is theists cannot for some reason separate life origin from evolution. I keep telling them they are two separate scientific disciplines but that statement 100% is met with deaf ears.

    "If you can't tell me how the universe got here then evolution is bogus'. great logic, eh.

    I keep telling them over and over evolutionists don't care h ...[text shortened]... how life changes once it is already here but they can't make the tiny leap of logic about that.
    Totally agree!

    And the fact that they think evolutionism is a religion. And as such they are not christians. They have a hard time to understand that it is possible to believe in jesus and evolution at the same time without ending up in hell. Some never learn. They, as racists, think in therms of we and the others. We the saved and the other poor bastards. We the better ones, and the one who ends up in hell.

    "We are always right because, eh, goddidit that way."
  8. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    16 Aug '17 12:455 edits
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I stopped watching the video when I was informed that
    "Fact #1: The Big Bang theory is one of the most ridiculously impractical theories for the origin of the universe."
    If you had watched the video a bit longer, you would have heard someone else commenting on it about this saying why it is nonsense. The whole video is, thankfully, actually all about why this typical religious fundamentalist propaganda is nonsense.

    Just the same, I personally couldn't stand watching all of it. Just merely hearing that kind of stupid religious fundamentalist propaganda makes me puke.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    43938
    16 Aug '17 12:51
    Originally posted by @humy
    If you had watched the video a bit longer, you would have heard someone else commenting on it about this saying why it is nonsense. The whole video is actually about why this typical religious fundamentalist propaganda is nonsense.

    Just the same, I personally could stand watching all of it. Just hearing religious fundamentalist propaganda makes me puke.
    Ah, okay, it was irony, like a caricature of a christian fundamentalist?

    Doesn't matter. It doesn't amuse me. I have no longing for puking.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    16 Aug '17 13:412 edits
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Ah, okay, it was irony, like a caricature of a christian fundamentalist?

    Doesn't matter. It doesn't amuse me. I have no longing for puking.
    If I want to puke, I'll take Ipacac like a nurse did when I lived in Thailand and got a tummy ache๐Ÿ™‚ Don't need it from video's๐Ÿ™‚

    That experience was funny in retrospect BTW. I am a total techie and was working a tech job in Thailand and got sick to my stomach and this nurse gave me this liquid to swallow, I thought it was like some liquid tums or some such but it forces puking and all of a sudden there it was, throwing up all over the lawn outside which I just barely made it to.
    I was a bit naive back in the day๐Ÿ™‚
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    ook ook ahchoo
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    16 Aug '17 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by @ogb
    panspermia
    YouTube
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    ook ook ahchoo
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    16 Aug '17 16:56
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    The main problem is theists cannot for some reason separate life origin from evolution. I keep telling them they are two separate scientific disciplines but that statement 100% is met with deaf ears.

    "If you can't tell me how the universe got here then evolution is bogus'. great logic, eh.

    I keep telling them over and over evolutionists don't care h ...[text shortened]... mp in the connection of the two concepts otherwise half the battle would be lost from their POV.
    The main problem is theists cannot for some reason separate life origin from evolution. I keep telling them they are two separate scientific disciplines but that statement 100% is met with deaf ears.

    Trust me, that statement was 100% heard.
    Separating abiogenesis from the study of evolution supposedly gives the impression the two are completely unrelated. But this is like saying conception had nothing to do with the beginning of your life, or how the universe began and what it looks like now are in no way related.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    625
    16 Aug '17 17:191 edit
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    [b]The main problem is theists cannot for some reason separate life origin from evolution. I keep telling them they are two separate scientific disciplines but that statement 100% is met with deaf ears.

    Trust me, that statement was 100% heard.
    Separating abiogenesis from the study of evolution supposedly gives the impression the two are completel ...[text shortened]... inning of your life, or how the universe began and what it looks like now are in no way related.[/b]
    But this is like saying conception had nothing to do with the beginning of your life

    No; as evolution doesn't mean the beginning of life, it is like saying conception had nothing to do with your education in your life, which it hadn't.
    or how the universe began and what it looks like now are in no way related.

    nobody claims this and how the universe begin has nothing to do with evolution.

    Trust me, that statement was 100% heard.

    apparently then you hear much and comprehend none of it.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    ook ook ahchoo
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    16 Aug '17 18:181 edit
    Originally posted by @humy
    But this is like saying conception had nothing to do with the beginning of your life

    No; as evolution doesn't mean the beginning of life, it is like saying conception had nothing to do with your education in your life, which it hadn't.
    or how the universe began and what it looks like now are in no way related.

    nobod ...[text shortened]... t statement was 100% heard. [/quote]
    apparently then you hear much and comprehend none of it.
    I understand the distinction between abiogenesis and evolution. The distinction is that selection was not involved in the formation of the first living cell. That's fine, I don't have a problem with that. But if you're trying to completely divorce the evolution of living cells from the first living cell (as though it wasn't necessary for there to be a first living organism) then I'm not buying your argument.

    It's puzzling how you and sonhouse (et all) seem to think this is so earth shakingly significant that you wish to draw attention to and highlight it. What you don't seem to understand is that you are drawing attention to the weakest link in evolutionary theory... the starting point.
    If you don't want someone to "look behind the curtain" the worst thing you can do is tell them "don't look behind the curtain".
  15. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    16 Aug '17 18:36
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    I understand the distinction between abiogenesis and evolution. The distinction is that selection was not involved in the formation of the first living cell. That's fine, I don't have a problem with that. But if you're trying to completely divorce the evolution of living cells from the first living cell (as though it wasn't necessary for there to be a fi ...[text shortened]... ook behind the curtain" the worst thing you can do is tell them "don't look behind the curtain".
    They're really saying "There's a curtain for a reason. Duh."
    And then expect others to stop asking questions since, as has been endlessly pointed out, hey! there's a curtain for a reason!
    Duh!
Back to Top