5 foods never to eat???

5 foods never to eat???

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
16 May 13

its an annnnoying banner add that keeps coming up.... but what are yours?

1 Microwave popcorn - its toxic!
2 Fizzy drinks that don't contain a single natural ingredient. (but i do make the odd exception...)
3 Chocolate mini roles - they give me a headache
4 Cheap cider
5 FEBO - for anyone who has been to holland, its owned by a dog food company and allegedly the dog food is better...

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
16 May 13

Originally posted by e4chris
its an annnnoying banner add that keeps coming up.... but what are yours?

1 Microwave popcorn - its toxic!
2 Fizzy drinks that don't contain a single natural ingredient. (but i do make the odd exception...)
3 Chocolate mini roles - they give me a headache
4 Cheap cider
5 FEBO - for anyone who has been to holland, its owned by a dog food company and allegedly the dog food is better...
I bet fizzy drinks do contain natural ingredients. Unless you want to claim water and carbon dioxide are somehow unnatural.

OK, my five.

Snow if not white.

Vindaloo. Burns both ends!

Champagne. Tastes like fizzy cat pee and costs a fortune. Cheap cider, especially the stuff from the local farm is much better.

Anything with more hair than me, especially if the hair is green or blue.

Anything cheap claiming to be beef. It is likely to be that horse you lost a tenner on last week.

White bread. Foul, tasteless muck fit only for filling holes.

e

Moves
16 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
I bet fizzy drinks do contain natural ingredients. Unless you want to claim water and carbon dioxide are somehow unnatural.

OK, my five.

Snow if not white.

Vindaloo. Burns both ends!

Champagne. Tastes like fizzy cat pee and costs a fortune. Cheap cider, especially the stuff from the local farm is much better.

Anything with more hair than me, es ...[text shortened]... you lost a tenner on last week.

White bread. Foul, tasteless muck fit only for filling holes.
champagne is pish... its not nice... too acidic...

I like pickled herrings 🙂 ... might be on another persons 5...

e

Moves
16 May 13

i wonder whats on this chaps list

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 13

i wonder whats on this chaps list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJRRyeGnM7k
I think it sounds better than eating lightbulbs, molten lead, and dung.

The Instructor

K

Germany

Moves
17 May 13

Someone from the UK hardly has the right to criticize traditional Dutch cuisine!

e

Moves
17 May 13

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Someone from the UK hardly has the right to criticize traditional Dutch cuisine!
we have bad take aways - but not that bad!! 🙂

e

Moves
20 May 13

There are posh foods i won't eat / eat much . the way they make posh gravy with all the burnt bits from a roast can't be good for you - there are lots of natural but nasty chemicals in burnt meat. I do eat it but not often....

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
20 May 13

There are posh foods i won't eat / eat much . the way they make posh gravy with all the burnt bits from a roast can't be good for you - there are lots of natural but nasty chemicals in burnt meat. I do eat it but not often....
There are lots of nasty diseases in raw/undercooked meat. Ever had a tapeworm? I don't recommend it, although they have been used as slimming aids in the past! Lots of nasty chemicals in raw veg as well.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kepler
There are lots of nasty diseases in raw/undercooked meat. Ever had a tapeworm? I don't recommend it, although they have been used as slimming aids in the past! Lots of nasty chemicals in raw veg as well.
I thought the nasty chemicals were on the outside of the veggies, so that they could be washed off.

http://umaine.edu/publications/4336e/

The Instructor

K

Germany

Moves
20 May 13

we have bad take aways - but not that bad!! 🙂
Perhaps it's an acquired taste, like grease with salt and grease is for Brits.

P

Moves
20 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I thought the nasty chemicals were on the outside of the veggies, so that they could be washed off.

The Instructor
The skin of most fruits and veggies is porus, just like yours. Strawberries are so loaded with toxins washing makes no difference. Trader Joe's sells frozen organically grown strawberries.

P

Moves
20 May 13

Avoid corn and sugar beets if you live in the US as both have been genetically modified by Monsanto. Sugar beets are not to be confused with the beets in the grocer's veggie bin. It will be seen on the long list of ingredients on processed foods as it is cheaper than cane sugar.

Avoid processed meats in the US unless you like rat turds.

If the list of ingredients contains chemicals difficult to pronounce, you'd be safer eating the box or wraper.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
20 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds

The Instructor
Red kidney beans contain phytohaemagglutinin.

Potatoes are part of the nightshade family and develop solanine on exposure to light. You should never eat green potatoes for this reason.

There are many other examples of nasties present in plants to dissuade herbivores from eating them.

K

Germany

Moves
20 May 13

Originally posted by Phranny
Avoid corn and sugar beets if you live in the US as both have been genetically modified by Monsanto. Sugar beets are not to be confused with the beets in the grocer's veggie bin. It will be seen on the long list of ingredients on processed foods as it is cheaper than cane sugar.

Avoid processed meats in the US unless you like rat turds.

If the list o ...[text shortened]... ngredients contains chemicals difficult to pronounce, you'd be safer eating the box or wraper.
Yeah, also avoid ascorbic acid. A highly dangerous and corrosive chemical.