Are we helpless without memory?

Are we helpless without memory?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

weedhopper

Moves
01 Dec 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
See? Jelly Kay are insulting me! But do I cry over that?
OKay--KJ loses the point for resorting to insulting you. He did have the moral high ground, though. Earlier you insulted his "intelligence and belief system" (and others of his "herd"😉, and he pointed out that he simply "agreed to disagree". You never answered that charge. point, KJ.
But, alas, KJ did comeback with the "brain dead" crack. So, as this judge scores it, it's back to a dead heat in this debate.

F

Moves
01 Dec 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
OKay--KJ loses the point for resorting to insulting you. He did have the moral high ground, though. Earlier you insulted his "intelligence and belief system" (and others of his "herd"😉, and he pointed out that he simply "agreed to disagree". You never answered that charge. point, KJ.
But, alas, KJ did comeback with the "brain dead" crack. So, as this judge scores it, it's back to a dead heat in this debate.
Well, sometimes I'm hard on KJ, perhaps even provocative, but I think this is one way to make him explain himself. He doesn't want to do this volontary.

I don't think this is a game of points, counting insults, winning or losing discussions. This is the way of understaning how people like KJ thinks about scientific matters. How they rather belive in religious terms, rather than try to understand gods fantastic creation, with evolution, astronomy, particle physics, and all. To deny the creation of god, yet beliving in an almighty god who once created it all, at the same time, I cannot understand. This paradox I want to solve. KJ has the key to this. He is the very prototype for this paradoxical thinking.

KJ is not unintelligent, mentally backwards or anything. There are people like him here and there, albeit in small number. His kind of thinking can be found in various fanatic, or fundamentalistic, subgroups of people, like veganism, feminism, racism, politics, religions, thinking they have the Truth in their posession, and not understanding why the vast majority of the people on our Earth haven't reached ther high level of understanding, yet trying to convince us or save us to or from, well, something.

J

Moves
02 Dec 08

F

Moves
02 Dec 08
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Well, I should be some quieter too, I suppose. At least sometimes... 😕

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
How many points does KellyJay get/lose for repeatedly not answering simple
questions directed at him?

Nemesio

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Dec 08

See? Jelly Kay are insulting me! But do I cry over that?
No, I guess you spelling just suffers along with the rest of your
arguments, oh wait you don't argue you just insult.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
-that’s odd -I got the distinct impression that it is you who do exactly all those things!
i.e. continuely drag spiritual matters into the science forum;
refuse to discuss the points being brought up (specifically, don’t answer certain questions);
spew anti-science as if that were an answer to questions being asked.
Go back and look at the start of those types of discussions, you will
see I get asked or I'm responding to another's point about spiritual
matters with much greater frequency then I start up a spiritual
discussion in the science forum.
Kelly

F

Moves
05 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
You complain over my spelling? And this is not intended as an insult from your behalf?

Without an insult, I want you to give me the promised proof of cave paintings of dinos, or that dinos lived at the same time as Noah or any other member of the human race. Please one good proof is enough. Because if you cannot, then I have to tell you that you are a liar, and that would be an insult, wouldn't it?

N

The sky

Moves
05 Dec 08

Kelly
"your"
You might want to work a bit on your punctuation, too. Fabian's native tongue is Swedish. What's your excuse?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
"your"
You might want to work a bit on your punctuation, too. Fabian's native tongue is Swedish. What's your excuse?
I don't misspell his name, I don't get on him for his spelling as a
rule either. He was touting going on about insults while twisting the
spelling of my name.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Dec 08

You complain over my spelling? And this is not intended as an insult from your behalf?

Without an insult, I want you to give me the promised proof of cave paintings of dinos, or that dinos lived at the same time as Noah or any other member of the human race. Please one good proof is enough. Because if you cannot, then I have to tell you that you are a liar, and that would be an insult, wouldn't it?
I'll give you some links for that in due time.
I did let you get under my skin to the point of insulting you too, sorry.
Kelly

F

Moves
05 Dec 08

I'll give you some links for that in due time.
I did let you get under my skin to the point of insulting you too, sorry.
Kelly
Perhaps I'm too insulting for my own taste sometimes too, sorry.
Just, let's not forget the links about dinos/Noah, and dino drawings in caves...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Dec 08

Perhaps I'm too insulting for my own taste sometimes too, sorry.
Just, let's not forget the links about dinos/Noah, and dino drawings in caves...
Agree we both went to far, and I'm working on the links now.
Kelly

Ursulakantor

Pittsburgh, PA

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by Nemesio
How do you 'prove' that 2+2 doesn't = 5?

Furthermore, at what point does observation lead you to inductively conclude
that something is almost certainly true?

Nemesio
Kelly?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 Dec 08

Originally posted by Nemesio
Kelly?
I would just like to point out, that without memory Kelly Jay and Fabian Fnas would not be able to insult one another in every thread!!!!!!!