1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 00:10
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think you need to get saved. Then you too would be happy and saying...

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

The Instructor
    This is spirituality forum stuff.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 04:391 edit
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    This is spirituality forum stuff.
    Sorry, I forgot where I was posting.

The Instructor
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    13 Jul '13 06:24

The Instructor
    Really RJ, as much as I appreciate your civility in the face of opposition you need to remember more than just where you are posting a message. You are also forgetting who you are talking to.

These are essentially self described organic robots laboring under the illusion they have minds and feelings, when in fact all they really have under the hood are layers of glorified integrated circuitry. They are able to record sensory input and respond accordingly, but don't expect too much from them.

Granted, they represent advanced technology. But any self assembled technology can only be what it essentially is... a machine. These advanced machinery systems are able to interact with other similar units of machinery with their corresponding male and female parts, but sometimes a glitch in their programming can result in hickups and odd behavior. This is not a huge problem though because there are self correcting mechanisms able to select workable programs and discard programming errors.

It's not a perfect system, but it seems to work well enough within the parameters of physics and chemistry. It is true the lights appear to be on but no one is really home, and it is fine to understand this as it is undoubtly true. However, telling them this appears to create a paradox they are unable to deal with, so I think it's best not to screw around too much with their programming.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 04:58

The Instructor
    Uh oh... you think I might have hurt their robot feelings?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree