1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 10:39
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Come over here and I'll demonstate.

Over here dude. I'm not going to rape you.

*Kicks karoly aczel in the nads*

See how it works?
    πŸ™‚
    Nice-I'd like you to demostrate how thought is not involved in that example
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 10:47
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    πŸ™‚
    Nice-I'd like you to demostrate how thought is not involved in that example
    Did you have to think about collapsing on the ground and grabbing your crotch?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 10:49
    Did you have to think about collapsing on the ground and grabbing your crotch?
    A reflex action, right? So you reckon there's no thought involved?(Even if your body is ahead of your thoughts?)
  4. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:40
    I bet he can break conservation of mass-energy with his imagination too!
    He wouldn't know what conservation of mass-energy means. πŸ˜›
  5. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 12:472 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    A reflex action, right? So you reckon there's no thought involved?(Even if your body is ahead of your thoughts?)
    A thought is a combination of many electrical signals. It is understandable that you can have this which stimulates your muscles to move. It is a completely different ball game to have these thoughts some how encapsulate as an entity (or entities) which can travel out of your physical body and applying a force to other things.

EDIT: This will be the same as someone writing computer algorithm which can some how leave your PC and get another object to move.

Granted you can get a computer to control a robot via radio waves, but all that will be doing is sending signals to the robot which instructs the robot to do the moving. I suppose you can develop something which analyses your brain activity and you control something else by thought (via radio waves) by the same means, but it isn't the "thoughts" that is physically doing the moving.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Dec '09 20:19
    Originally posted by lausey
    A thought is a combination of many electrical signals. It is understandable that you can have this which stimulates your muscles to move. It is a completely different ball game to have these thoughts some how encapsulate as an entity (or entities) which can travel out of your physical body and applying a force to other things.

EDIT: This will be the same a ...[text shortened]... io waves) by the same means, but it isn't the "thoughts" that is physically doing the moving.
    There are different types of thinking and thought. No science has gotten to the bottom of it. Quantum has made some inroads.
    It is my contention that everything we ever do, every bit of life that we live,no matter how concious, is built on 'thought'.
    (I do enjoy your postsπŸ™‚ )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree