1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 14:55
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But a cow that has been altered to produce more meat...is still a cow. Lets see humans alter that cow to grow gills so it can live underwater?
    Just accept the answer. Don't show so evidently that you are not interested of any good answers.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 15:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Just accept the answer. Don't show so evidently that you are not interested of any good answers.
    Ok then if you can't produce something that should be easy to do then stop responding to this thread.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 15:08
    Ok then if you can't produce something that should be easy to do then stop responding to this thread.
    Then don't ask questions about evolution, if you don't want to know!

I was about to give you an answer, but your words "I'm looking for the big pieces of evidence that just aren't there." said me that it's totally futile. If you are of the impression tht there are no proofs, then why do you ask for them?

Why don't you just crawl under the creational stone of yours and shut your ears? There you can find your creational friends that doesn't care more than you do.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 15:16
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Then don't ask questions about evolution, if you don't want to know!

I was about to give you an answer, but your words "I'm looking for the big pieces of evidence that just aren't there." said me that it's totally futile. If you are of the impression tht there are no proofs, then why do you ask for them?

Why don't you just crawl under the creationa ...[text shortened]... ur ears? There you can find your creational friends that doesn't care more than you do.
    Now your just waisting my time. ..

Hopefully the other posters here will continue with their thoughts that I'm willing to hear.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 15:521 edit
    Now your just waisting my time. ..

Hopefully the other posters here will continue with their thoughts that I'm willing to hear.
    Are you really willing to hear their thought? Or is it only to show them that they are wrong and you are the only one who knows?

I'm very disappointed of you!

You dare to criticize something you don't know anything about. But you are so sure that you are right in your own little 'theory' of yours. What is your ground for that one? Nothing. It's just what you believe, nothing more.
  6. Standard memberpatauro
    Patricia
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 20:10
    I agree. I intend no disrespect, but perhaps, Galveston75 you would be happier with your questions in the religion or debates forum where you could go round in circles indefinitely with your faulty logic and personal beliefs.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Nov '09 23:37
    Originally posted by patauro
    I agree. I intend no disrespect, but perhaps, Galveston75 you would be happier with your questions in the religion or debates forum where you could go round in circles indefinitely with your faulty logic and personal beliefs.
    You know I've asked a simple question about evolution to this forum with no desire to be anything but honest and wanting or hoping for honest answers and all I get is a bunch of jerks mouthing off. This really helps your case of evolution being factual as none of you can come up with anything but childlike remarks...
  8. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 00:06
    You know I've asked a simple question about evolution to this forum with no desire to be anything but honest and wanting or hoping for honest answers and all I get is a bunch of jerks mouthing off. This really helps your case of evolution being factual as none of you can come up with anything but childlike remarks...
    You need to take a basic course in Genetics and understand the concept of genetic mutations and random assortment of genes. A living thing does not will it's self to change otherwise you would no doubt will your next child to be a genius. Evolution takes millions of years and there are many genetic combinations that failed in the past and may still fail in the future or progress to an even better adaptation. It's just a wacky, crazy world we live in !

GRANNY.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 00:37
    Originally posted by smw6869
    You need to take a basic course in Genetics and understand the concept of genetic mutations and random assortment of genes. A living thing does not will it's self to change otherwise you would no doubt will your next child to be a genius. Evolution takes millions of years and there are many genetic combinations that failed in the past and may still fail in t ...[text shortened]... progress to an even better adaptation. It's just a wacky, crazy world we live in !

GRANNY.
    Thanks for the civil answer...
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Nov '09 23:12
    Thanks for the civil answer...
    I'll have a go.

Evolution is defined as change in the genetic material of a population of organisms from one generation to the next.

First you have to acknowledge there are random genetic mutations, which i'm sure you do, otherwise how do you explain the existence of people with Down Syndrome? Genetic mutation, 47 chromosones instead of the regular 48.

Next you have to accept that there can be random genetic mutations which are benfeicial to the organism and can be passed amongst the population from generation to generation. For that see this link

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/1744641/scientists_track_mouse_evolution_icon/index.html

In short there was a random genetic mutation which was of benfit to the organism which was then spread throughout the population from generation to generation. Natural selection at it's best.

What you have a problem with, and most ceationists do, is the concept of speciation. Speciation is the evolutionary process by which new organisms occur.

Gotta play some chess.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 00:17
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'll have a go.

Evolution is defined as change in the genetic material of a population of organisms from one generation to the next.

First you have to acknowledge there are random genetic mutations, which i'm sure you do, otherwise how do you explain the existence of people with Down Syndrome? Genetic mutation, 47 chromosones instead of the ...[text shortened]... peciation is the evolutionary process by which new organisms occur.

Gotta play some chess.
    Interesting reading. ( and yes I did read it ) But is that just not adapting to your surroundings? It's still a mouse isn't it? Don't most other animals adapt in such ways? Didn't the iguana learn or adapt to eat sea plants to survive? But still it's an iguana.
    I would learn to eat sea plants if that was my only food source and probably have larger lungs in the process from swimming so much. But I'm still human.
    Humans have different genes within us that gives us the races don't they? But aren't we all still humans?
    To me it would seem this mouse should get a gene change that would really protect it from preditors like venom when it bights it's victums in defence.
    Just my thought....
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 05:11
    Interesting reading. ( and yes I did read it ) But is that just not adapting to your surroundings? It's still a mouse isn't it? Don't most other animals adapt in such ways? Didn't the iguana learn or adapt to eat sea plants to survive? But still it's an iguana.
    I would learn to eat sea plants if that was my only food source and probably have larger lu ...[text shortened]... from preditors like venom when it bights it's victums in defence.
    Just my thought....
    You still don't get it do you?
    An iguana eating sea plants is still an iguana? Of course it is! Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that...

I don't think you ever want to learn about evolution. Because you are afraid you will turn into an owl, or what?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 09:24
    But a cow that has been altered to produce more meat...is still a cow. Lets see humans alter that cow to grow gills so it can live underwater?
    Who says it is still a cow? It used to be a buffalo. How do you define 'cow'? And why would I want to waste billions of dollars just to prove to you that I can breed cows with gills, just to have you then request wings as well?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 09:39
    I would learn to eat sea plants if that was my only food source and probably have larger lu ...[text shortened]... from preditors like venom when it bights it's victums in defence.
    Just my thought....
    The problem is: what makes you human or an iguana and iguana? For a start you are mixing up categories - humans are a single species, iguanas are a whole range of species. Humans are Great Apes. We have lost our fur, walk upright and gained larger brains, but we are still Great Apes.

The question is, if a species changes how much change must it make before you give it a new name? What about a genus 'iguana'? And when I breed iguanas until they are no longer iguanas, won't you simply counter with "but they are still lizards aren't they?"
  15. Joined
    07 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 13:55
    But again, how without some for-knowledge of future events would any animal by accident know how to start changing itself to what it will need thousands of years from now? And even if it could think in future terms, how could it make the changes happen? Can humans make changes to our bodies knowing that the earth will be hotter or colder in the future? I can't seem to get an answer other then "it just happens."
    You don't need future knowledge. All it needs is for the change to be beneficial in the current environment. The environment changes over time, and if it changes too quickly then species can't adapt (which is one of the causes of extinctions) but when the environment changes slowly then small improvements with respect to the current environment are enough to make hugh changes in the long run.

The problem many people have with evolution, I think, is a lack of imagination - they fail to see quite how powerful this simple mechanism is when it's got millions of years to work. The imagination doesn't cope well with that sort of timescale.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree