1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 13:59
    Originally posted by mtthw
    You don't need future knowledge. All it needs is for the change to be beneficial in the current environment. The environment changes over time, and if it changes too quickly then species can't adapt (which is one of the causes of extinctions) but when the environment changes slowly then small improvements with respect to the current environment are enough to ...[text shortened]... t millions of years to work. The imagination doesn't cope well with that sort of timescale.
    Joseph must be of the opinion that a falling ball must know how far it is from the ground. How can it else know when to bump into the ground?

Of course no memory is needed! Even a child can understand this!
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 15:32
    Originally posted by mtthw
    You don't need future knowledge. All it needs is for the change to be beneficial in the current environment. The environment changes over time, and if it changes too quickly then species can't adapt (which is one of the causes of extinctions) but when the environment changes slowly then small improvements with respect to the current environment are enough to ...[text shortened]... t millions of years to work. The imagination doesn't cope well with that sort of timescale.
    But imagination proves nothing and the fossil record certianly doesn't prove a thing. And the thousands of millions of fossils that it would take to represent all this gradual progression of changes that animals and humans that are alive today would have to make to get where we are now......there are none.
    It amazes me with the shows they have on TV showng how this "must have happened" when they have the animations of the animals changing from one look to another.
    Yes that is imagination and that's all it is....
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 15:44
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Joseph must be of the opinion that a falling ball must know how far it is from the ground. How can it else know when to bump into the ground?

Of course no memory is needed! Even a child can understand this!
    You do know I'm talking about instinct don't you? Of course no living animal would know what the future holds by a conscience thought. Your not getting what I'm saying because you as all evolutionist are stuck on this idea that these supposed changes that an already complete living creature makes just happen by some genitic chance. Just because some little mouse adapts his color to blend in with his surroundings means no more then that. If evolution were correct and real, you'd see something more drastic happen to the little mouse I would think such as a gene poping up that would make it bigger or stronger or with some weapon to fight back with. Right? Hasn't the mouse been around long enough yet to display something better to fight for it's life with then just changing the color of it's fur?
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But imagination proves nothing and the fossil record certianly doesn't prove a thing. And the thousands of millions of fossils that it would take to represent all this gradual progression of changes that animals and humans that are alive today would have to make to get where we are now......there are none.
    It amazes me with the shows they have on TV s ...[text shortened]... nimals changing from one look to another.
    Yes that is imagination and that's all it is....
    Let me get this straight, you believe there is no evidence in the fossil record whatsoever that indicates a gradual change in the development of life on this planet?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:48
    You do know I'm talking about instinct don't you? Of course no living animal would know what the future holds by a conscience thought. Your not getting what I'm saying because you as all evolutionist are stuck on this idea that these supposed changes that an already complete living creature makes just happen by some genitic chance. Just because some litt ...[text shortened]... ay something better to fight for it's life with then just changing the color of it's fur?
    stuck on this idea that these supposed changes that an already complete living creature makes just happen by some genitic chance.

You don't accept there are genetic mutations?

And you don't accept that they happen randomly?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 19:59
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Let me get this straight, you believe there is no evidence in the fossil record whatsoever that indicates a gradual change in the development of life on this planet?
    Nope.....The few fossils that show some animal that is not alive today but is said to be a "missing link", is a complete animal on it's own and never some weird looking in between missing link. Maybe in someones imagination but not in reality.
    Again I ask with such a simple animal as with the mouse. I would say with evolution it hasn't made much progress with enhansing itself over the eons of time. Why not?
    In fact it would seem according to evolution and that all life would enhanse itself thru time, then there shouldn't really be any life left on earth. Think about that for awhile....
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 20:03
    Nope.....The few fossils that show some animal that is not alive today but is said to be a "missing link", is a complete animal on it's own and never some weird looking in between missing link. Maybe in someones imagination but not in reality.
    Again I ask with such a simple animal as with the mouse. I would say with evolution it hasn't made much progre ...[text shortened]... ime, then there shouldn't really be any life left on earth. Think about that for awhile....
    oh Galvy you have stepped upon their sacred tenets, questioned the authenticity of the religious relics, confronted the dogma and exposed the postulation!
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 20:082 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    oh Galvy you have stepped upon their sacred tenets, questioned the authenticity of the religious relics, confronted the dogma and exposed the postulation!
    You mean he's talking a load of crap. A Carrobie speciality!!!!

I think it must be something they indoctrinate you with down at the Kingdom Hall.

Lesson #4 When ever people start talking about evolution, just start talking a load of crap and then they won't have any idea how to respond.

I'm telling you, it's working a treat so far.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 20:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    You mean he's talking a load of crap. A Carrobie speciality!!!!

I think it must be something they indoctrinate you with down at the Kingdom Hall.

Lesson #4 When ever people start talking about evolution, just start talking a load of crap and then they won't have any idea how to respond.

I'm telling you, it's working a treat so far.
    you see Galvy we have entered the Holy of holies, and uninitiated at that! priests of the God of science murmuring around us in undertones, scientific mantras, who are these imbeciles to question the God of science? All hail the God of science! 'bbbbut i ddont want to limit my search for truth to unintelligent causes', whimpers a forlorn victim, 'silence! you shall be assimilated!'
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 20:541 edit
    you see Galvy we have entered the Holy of holies, and uninitiated at that! priests of the God of science murmuring around us in undertones, scientific mantras, who are these imbeciles to question the God of science? All hail the God of science! 'bbbbut i ddont want to limit my search for truth to unintelligent causes', whimpers a forlorn victim, 'silence! you shall be assimilated!'
    Science, the pursuit of knowledge and understanding. Now there's a danger to the 'Jesus' Jumpers' dogmatic beliefs if ever i saw one.

[i]'It can't be true, it can't be true i tell you.........the Bible doesn't say so. These scientists who have tolied away for over 150yrs know not what they are talking about. They may have put men on the moon, sent spacecraft into the outer reaches of our sloar system, peered into the distant past of space with incredible telescopes, made advancements in medical technology whereby nearly all killer diseases have been confined to the dustbin of history. They may have harnessed electricity to power the world, fly fantastic machines which send people criss-crossing all over the world every day, created the internet so people can communicate instantly anywhere in the world. But this evolution thingy theory.......no, no, no, no, no............. this is a mistake, FOR IT IS NOT WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURE I TELL YOU!!!!!! I will not have something shake my dogmatic religious beliefs to the core, God's word over mans ideas, God's words over mans ideas, God's words over mans ideas, God's words over mans ideas........'[i]

He muttered as he walked away clutching his copy of the Bible straight through the doors of the Kingdom Hall.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:072 edits
    there is no danger whatsoever, science as you rightly state is not concerned with truth, but with plausibility! we on the other hand are deeply interested in the search for truth, you shall do well to remember that Noobster old son!
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:11
    there is no danger whatsoever, science as you rightly state is not concerned with truth, but with plausibility! we on the other hand are deeply interested in the search for truth, you shall do well to remember that Noobster old son!
    Oh but you forget the imagination factor. It's true science to imagine that evolution is a fact.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:15
    Oh but you forget the imagination factor. It's true science to imagine that evolution is a fact.
    yes one mat look at the very same data and draw a completely different conclusion as your references to the fossil record have clearly shown. It takes a greater leap of faith to accept that life and its diversity was the consequence of some chance occurrence, the result of inanimate force.
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:181 edit
    yes one mat look at the very same data and draw a completely different conclusion as your references to the fossil record have clearly shown. It takes a greater leap of faith to accept that life and its diversity was the consequence of some chance occurrence, the result of inanimate force.
    yes one mat look at the very same data and draw a completely different conclusion as your references to the fossil record have clearly shown

LOL!!!!!!!!! What a right pair you two are. Dumb and dumber spring to mind.

The idea the Galvy can look at the fossil record, a man who has no idea about evolution, no idea about paleontology probably couldn't spell it, a man who has probably never seen a fossil in his life can somehow 'draw a completely different conclusion' as you put it, is the most absurd idea i think i've ever heard.

The man's either a genius, or your so deluded or arrogant you've disappeared right up your own backside!!!!!
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Nov '09 21:191 edit
    You base your faith in creation through a few verses in the bible. From that you extrapolate a universe of fantasies. You must realize that that is nothing much to base a whole theory upon?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree