1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 18:54
    Originally posted by humy
    For there to be occasional improbable occurrences is mathematically inevitable therefore do not require some kind of divine intervention just for being improbable.
    So there is no logical contradiction between something improbable occurring and there being no god nor is there a contradiction between there being a god but that god having noting to do with that improbable event -your implied conclusion does not logically follow from your implied premise.
    You think I implied? 😏
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 21:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You think I implied? 😏
    implied or not, your conclusion does not logically follow from your premise.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Feb '13 22:05
    implied or not, your conclusion does not logically follow from your premise.
    Why not?
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 09:173 edits
    Why not?
    I have already clearly said why not.
    Reminder:

your premise was "I would guess the chances of those preexisting facilities existing in a unicellular species is not generally very likely to come about." (my quote)

your conclusion was "That is because God had to do His part” (your quote)

and I said why the conclusion could not logically follow from your premise with:

“For there to be occasional improbable occurrences is mathematically inevitable therefore do not require some kind of divine intervention just for being improbable.
    So there is no logical contradiction between something improbable occurring and there being no god nor is there a contradiction between there being a god but that god having noting to do with that improbable event -your implied conclusion does not logically follow from your implied premise.” (my quote)

-if you are so hung-up with the word “imply” in my quote above, just consider it deleted out and ignore it -I don't care whether you 'implied' it or just said it , it makes no difference to the argument either way.

You ask “why not” i.e. why does your conclusion NOT logically follow from your premise but, perhaps the default question should be “why does it” i.e. why DOES your conclusion logically follow from your premise. That's because, if you cannot demonstrate that your conclusion logically DOES follow from your premise, then THAT is the reason “why not”!!!!!
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 17:171 edit
    I have already clearly said why not.
    Reminder:

your premise was "I would guess the chances of those preexisting facilities existing in a unicellular species is not generally very likely to come about." (my quote)

your conclusion was "That is because God had to do His part” (your quote)

and I said why the conclusion could not logically follow from yo on logically DOES follow from your premise, then THAT is the reason “why not”!!!!!
    When the improbability numbers reach a certain number then the conclusion changes from improbable to possible only with God. The numbers for evil-lution have reached that number many times over. This is the reason for the Multi-universe or (Multiverse) hypothesis of many evil-lution scientists of today becasue evil-lution has been declared impossible in a single universe.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/20/brian-greene-welcome-to-the-multiverse.html
  6. Joined
    03 Feb '13
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 17:53
    When the improbability numbers reach a certain number then the conclusion changes from improbable to possible only with God. The numbers for evil-lution have reached that number many times over. This is the reason for the Multi-universe or (Multiverse) hypothesis of many evil-lution scientists of today becasue evil-lution has been declared impossible in a ...[text shortened]...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05/20/brian-greene-welcome-to-the-multiverse.html
    Sigh...

Multiverse theory has got nothing to do with evolution. But I don't suppose you're interested in any cosmology.
  7. Standard memberThequ1ck
    Fast above
    Slow Below
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 17:563 edits
    When the improbability numbers reach a certain number then the conclusion changes from improbable to possible only with God. The numbers for evil-lution have reached that number many times over. This is the reason for the Multi-universe or (Multiverse) hypothesis of many evil-lution scientists of today becasue evil-lution has been declared impossible in a ...[text shortened]...

The number model used in the video you posted is just silly.

If proteins were able to replicate simply by repeated chains on some kind of
    catalyst (which seems immediately obvious) or a similar mechanism, then the
    whole argument goes out the window.

It wouldn't take long before patterns emerged and interacted. It's called complexity.

No really Hinds. Do you believe that it's a 'no brainer' that the conditions for protein
    for growth and functionality didn't spring from completely random conditions?
    Just because you can't wrap an answer up into a 'because of this' sentence, doesn't
    mean that there's divine intervention. It just means it's complicated and requires
    scientific explanation.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 19:40
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    The number model used in the video you posted is just silly.

If proteins were able to replicate simply by repeated chains on some kind of
    catalyst (which seems immediately obvious) or a similar mechanism, then the
    whole argument goes out the window.

It wouldn't take long before patterns emerged and interacted. It's called complexity.

No really ...[text shortened]... vention. It just means it's complicated and requires
    scientific explanation.
    There is no "scientific" explanation. There is only evil-lution fairy tale and comic book explanations. 😏
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 19:543 edits

When the improbability numbers reach a certain number then the conclusion changes from improbable to possible only with God.

That is totally nonsensical. There being something X where X does not involve a god and X is highly improbable, regardless of how highly improbable, does not logically imply “possible only with God”. In this case, why “possible only with God” but not “possible only with evolution”?
    Does someone winning the lottery imply “possible only with God”? -if so, then anything goes including "possible only with evolution”. But, of course, neither follows from that premise.
    Perhaps you should study the very basics of deductive logic for you clearly don't understand very basic logic.
  10. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 20:011 edit
    There is no "scientific" explanation. There is only evil-lution fairy tale and comic book explanations. 😏
    -this from a man who knows nothing about science or even what "scientific" is.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Feb '13 22:15
    When the improbability numbers reach a certain number then the conclusion changes from improbable to possible only with God.

That is totally nonsensical. There being something X where X does not involve a god and X is highly improbable, regardless of how highly improbable, does not logically imply “possible only with God”. In this case, why ...[text shortened]... ld study the very basics of deductive logic for you clearly don't understand very basic logic.
    There are lottery winners all the time. The lottery odds are extremely good when compared with all the lottery winnings that evil-lution must win. It means evil-lution is impossible in any universe and only an extremely intelligently controlled process could have produced life. A creative process that man's intelligence can not even conceive.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 02:081 edit
    There are lottery winners all the time. The lottery odds are extremely good when compared with all the lottery winnings that evil-lution must win. It means evil-lution is impossible in any universe and only an extremely intelligently controlled process could have produced life. A creative process that man's intelligence can not even conceive.
    All it shows is your continued use of science, pseudo science actually, as a weapon. You care nothing about science only in destroying it in your rabid quest to get back to the year 1000. As a result, you post all those stupid creationist fantasy video's with zero backing of real science, there is no science there, only weaponized bullshyte.
  13. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 02:19

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 02:212 edits
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I want a slap with wet fish facility built into this site. I'd use it as often as possible on Revd. Hindquarters.
    Seconded. Preferably OLD wet fish.

I don't even attempt to watch his insane videos, the thought that there's more than one of him is so profoundly depressing. This from a country with a widespread high level of education? I'll bet the creationists do their best to bludgeon science in schools as well, thank goodness they've never really got a foothold outside the US. Sometimes you guys are just too accepting of loony ideas.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Feb '13 02:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Seconded. Preferably OLD wet fish.

I don't even attempt to watch his insane videos, the thought that there's more than one of him is so profoundly depressing. This from a country with a widespread high level of education? I'll bet the creationists do their best to bludgeon science in schools as well, thank goodness they've never really got a foothold outside the US. Sometimes you guys are just too accepting of loony ideas.
    You are ignorant of what to argue against because you refuse to view the videos. Has the evil-lution hypothesis become so shattered of credibility that you no longer can find honest defenses for its fallacies? 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree