1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 19:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It is part of the process of reproduction of the frog. It is like the baby embryo developing into a human being is part of the reproduction process designed by God, numbnuts!
    😴
  2. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    28 Feb '13 23:381 edit
    Well, you guys take it on faith that the earth is 4 billion years old, so that is a wash IMO. 😏
    I don't take it on faith that the earth is 4.5 billion years old (you missed 500 million years there). I have seen the evidence from radiometric dating of rocks, I understand how that dating works and why and I have held a lump of the Allende meteorite that is 4.53 billion years old. Now that's a properly spiritual experience, holding a thing that formed just as the sun lit up.

See? To convince me and a lot of scientists you are going to have to bring something other than your evolution drivel and god bothering nonsense to the table. You can start by refuting quantum mechanics, I could do with a laugh.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 07:59
    Originally posted by Kepler
    I don't take it on faith that the earth is 4.5 billion years old (you missed 500 million years there). I have seen the evidence from radiometric dating of rocks, I understand how that dating works and why and I have held a lump of the Allende meteorite that is 4.53 billion years old. Now that's a properly spiritual experience, holding a thing that formed just ...[text shortened]... g nonsense to the table. You can start by refuting quantum mechanics, I could do with a laugh.
    You apparently do not understand radiometric dating of rocks. The following is a video link explaining how it is supposed to work:

YouTube
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 13:21
    You apparently do not understand radiometric dating of rocks. The following is a video link explaining how it is supposed to work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICcfbqUFZo
    The amount of uranium loss in rocks can be shown by the concordia-discordia relationship. I guess your great scientist didn't know that one. Your video was not meant to really establish truth. The sly reference to a flood as leeching out uranium was amusing as well, had to give a snicker on that one.

Why don't you read the REAL deal about radiometric dating. Go ahead, I watched YOUR silly video.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/dalrymple/radiometric_dating.html

They write about the many methods and how you arrive at a conclusion based on ALL the data not just one kind, the dates have to match before a confident past date is assigned, within some preset window, say 10 or 20% error. Probably even less but you don't care about any of that do you? You just listen to a carefully scripted video DESIGNED to show doubt on dating techniques, their creationist bias is quite evident in every word and gesture and the oh so careful way they talk like they think they are talking to 10 year old kids. I think the proper term for that is patronizing. So read MY link and see what you can poo poo about that. Being a geological expert and all.
  5. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 13:26

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ICcfbqUFZo
    Did that come from "Geology for the intellectually impaired"? The only way you can refute radiometric dating is to falsify the underlying mechanisms of radioactive decay. I am still waiting for you to even attempt such a thing. I am sure you can find something out there. Try searching for "Particle physics for the gullible and hard of thinking".
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 14:23
    Did that come from "Geology for the intellectually impaired"? The only way you can refute radiometric dating is to falsify the underlying mechanisms of radioactive decay. I am still waiting for you to even attempt such a thing. I am sure you can find something out there. Try searching for "Particle physics for the gullible and hard of thinking".
    Did you watch that pathetic video? Did you get the feeling there were giant Q cards off camera so they could follow the script? They desperately need acting lessons.
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 15:51
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Did you watch that pathetic video? Did you get the feeling there were giant Q cards off camera so they could follow the script? They desperately need acting lessons.
    I did watch it, it was pathetic and I got the feeling the actors had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, just reading the words. I don't think that sort of rubbish is produced to convince the non-believers, we're all going to hell anyway, but rather to stifle the curiosity of the zombies who believe.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 18:19
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    The amount of uranium loss in rocks can be shown by the concordia-discordia relationship. I guess your great scientist didn't know that one. Your video was not meant to really establish truth. The sly reference to a flood as leeching out uranium was amusing as well, had to give a snicker on that one.

Why don't you read the REAL deal about radiometric da ...[text shortened]... . So read MY link and see what you can poo poo about that. Being a geological expert and all.
    THE POINT you don't seem to get is that IT DOESN'T WORK in the real world like the theorist assume it will work. THEY ASSUME. That is THE POINT. 😏
  9. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 18:421 edit
    THE POINT you don't seem to get is that IT DOESN'T WORK in the real world like the theorist assume it will work. THEY ASSUME. That is THE POINT. 😏
    That is clearly a lie; the scientists don't just 'assume', they know. While you choose not to.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:00
    Originally posted by Thequ1ck
    I paused the video you posted at 'the probabilities of this occurring are beyond
    comprehension'

'God' is beyond comprehension so why keep harping on about something you
    admit to not understanding?

I would be more at ease if you made a clear differentiation between your own
    belief in 'God' and the proposed entity that the bible describes.
    You guys claim to be able to perfectly understand how everything came into being by science. But in reality it turns out to be no more than a belief system.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 19:07
    Originally posted by humy
    That is clearly a lie; the scientists don't just 'assume', they know. While you choose not to.
    The scientists are supposed to know, but the evil-lution scientists only pretend to know. They are in fact guessing by assuming and setting up the guesses and assumptions as facts. Circular reasoning - a trade secret of the evil-lutionists. But I am on to their deception and am informing all who have eyes to see and ears to hear. 😏
  12. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 22:38
    Radiometric dating is based on data gained from observation and experiment, as is all real science. There is no assuming happening, we leave that to the god botherers who have to assume that their fairy tale collection is correct because gathering evidence would likely be viewed as heretical.

Any chance you will actually produce some evidence to back up your assumptions? No? Back under your bridge then Mr. Troll.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 23:183 edits
    Radiometric dating is based on data gained from observation and experiment, as is all real science. There is no assuming happening, we leave that to the god botherers who have to assume that their fairy tale collection is correct because gathering evidence would likely be viewed as heretical.

Any chance you will actually produce some evidence to back up your assumptions? No? Back under your bridge then Mr. Troll.
    I agree that the radiometic dating could work, if the scientists did not have to make all the assumptions that are necessary for performing radiocarbon dating. The fact is that radiometric dating has proven unreliable, because very few things fit within the parameters necessary for accurate dating.

Although we can measure many things about a rock, we cannot directly measure its age. For example, we can measure its mass, its volume, its colour, the minerals in it, their size and the way they are arranged. We can crush the rock and measure its chemical composition and the radioactive elements it contains. But we do not have an instrument that directly measures age.

Before we can calculate the age of a rock from its measured chemical composition, we must assume what radioactive elements were in the rock when it formed. And then, depending on the assumptions we make, we can obtain any date we like.

http://creation.com/the-way-it-really-is-little-known-facts-about-radiometric-dating

http://cerncourier.com/cws/article/cern/39158
  14. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 23:29
    I agree that the radiometic dating could work, if the scientists did not have to make all the assumptions that are necessary for performing radiocarbon dating. The fact is that radiometric dating has proven unreliable, because very few things fit within the parameters necessary for accurate dating.
    Radiocarbon dating is problematic because carbon 14 production is related to solar activity. We don't have historical records of solar activity going back far enough so the radiocarbon record has to be calibrated with tree ring data. That problem does not affect other radioactive elements such as uranium and thorium. Those are the elements that give the 4.5 billion year age of the earth, not carbon 14.

Now, have you get any evidence that any assuming is going on here?
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '13 23:47
    Radiocarbon dating is problematic because carbon 14 production is related to solar activity. We don't have historical records of solar activity going back far enough so the radiocarbon record has to be calibrated with tree ring data. That problem does not affect other radioactive elements such as uranium and thorium. Those are the elements that give the 4.5 b ...[text shortened]... the earth, not carbon 14.

Now, have you get any evidence that any assuming is going on here?
    http://cerncourier.com/cws/article/cern/39158

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree