1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 23:04
    Through direct or indirect observation, like any other experiment. Again, if this god has a tangible effect on the world, then it is by definition...tangible

Tangilbe effect on the world? Would brining it into existance count as tangible? Of course you can't observe creation, either directly or indirectly.

What you are asking for is a miracle. Your stance is that if God does not do a miracle for you, then God must not exist. Your point of view is flawed.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 23:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    [b] My question was what would a menagerie design by God look like. If anyone wants to answer the question, they can feel free.

Anyone can answer the question, but the answer would have no importance. It would just be someone's opinion.[/b]
    Religious dudes answer that question all the time, so according to you, any religious answer is nonsense.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '08 23:31
    As far as the rest of us, of course what they say is totally irrelevent. It is only relevent for them. If you choose to accept what they say, then it is relevent for you.

Of the group of different opinions, one opinion may be correct, but there is no way to prove it, at least at this moment. The truth will reveal itself and the person who had the correct opinion will be shown to be correct.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 06:58
    As far as the rest of us, of course what they say is totally irrelevent. It is only relevent for them. If you choose to accept what they say, then it is relevent for you.

Of the group of different opinions, one opinion may be correct, but there is no way to prove it, at least at this moment. The truth will reveal itself and the person who had the correct opinion will be shown to be correct.
    Meanwhile christians and muslims go on killing every single day in the name of mo or jc. How can you sleep at night knowing that?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 13:24
    What Christians? I definitely see the Muslims. How about the people butchered by the Chinese government? How about the people butchered by Stalin?

If you take the total number of people killed by Christians and the total number of people killed by non-Christians I believe you will find that the total numbers killed by non-Christians is much greater.

Your hate has clouded your judgement. You claim that the reason you hate is because of all the bad things "Christians" do, but your view of "Christians" is clouded by your hate. You are just like all the other prejudice people in this world. Your prejudice clouds your views making you self righteous.
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 17:19
    [b]Through direct or indirect observation, like any other experiment. Again, if this god has a tangible effect on the world, then it is by definition...tangible

Tangilbe effect on the world? Would brining it into existance count as tangible? Of course you can't observe creation, either directly or indirectly.

What you are asking for is a miracle ...[text shortened]... t if God does not do a miracle for you, then God must not exist. Your point of view is flawed.[/b]
    Yes, put words in my mouth and then attack them. 🙄
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 17:34
    Perhaps you explain how you could see God's tangible effect on the Universe short of a miracle.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:131 edit
    What Christians? I definitely see the Muslims. How about the people butchered by the Chinese government? How about the people butchered by Stalin?

If you take the total number of people killed by Christians and the total number of people killed by non-Christians I believe you will find that the total numbers killed by non-Christians is much greater.

prejudice people in this world. Your prejudice clouds your views making you self righteous.
    Hey, I am an equal opportunity hater. Both Christians and Muslims have much death to account for. It varies by century. You want to talk about the inquisitions? You want to talk about the Intafadas? You want to talk about the deceptions the Brits pulled on jews in the middle east in the 19th century? You don't think there was a religious bias going on there?
    I would kill in self defense, defense for my family and such but I would never never kill because some assshole told me it's g/God's will. All that shows is there is no god, it is all on the onus of mankind when they kill in the name of some god or other, Hindu, Jew, Christian, Islam, whatever.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:33
    Notice I did not say Muslims who kill. I said non-Christians in general.

Face it, you simply have an axe to grind. You know nothing of my personal beliefs, but you'll lump me in with every person who claims to be a Christian.

You are an idiot. So it boils down to the question, who is the bigger idiot, the idiot or the idiot who argues with the idiot.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:36
    Notice I did not say Muslims who kill. I said non-Christians in general.

Face it, you simply have an axe to grind. You know nothing of my personal beliefs, but you'll lump me in with every person who claims to be a Christian.

You are an idiot. So it boils down to the question, who is the bigger idiot, the idiot or the idiot who argues with the idiot.
    You already put yourself in the creationist camp which pretty much tells the tale. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where you stand.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:38
    Perhaps not a rocket scientist, but definitely someone smarter than you.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:422 edits
    Perhaps not a rocket scientist, but definitely someone smarter than you.
    I guess that explains your huge rating.
    For instance, have you actually invented anything? Worked out engineering problems, made original contributions? If so, lets hear them.
    Any interest or ability in the arts for instance?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:46
    You'll have to excuse my rating, I've been playing chess for about a year now. Time wise it would be about a year and a half, but I took about 9 months off.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 18:541 edit
    You'll have to excuse my rating, I've been playing chess for about a year now. Time wise it would be about a year and a half, but I took about 9 months off.
    There is that. My apologies. Most adults who have been playing for twenty, thirty years are kind of stuck at their level like me, above average but no master. How did you get interested in chess at a relatively late age?
    I got into it in college, way too late to be good.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Oct '08 19:24
    I played a few people at school and go sick and tired of being frustrated by knowing how the pieces moved, but having no idea of how to play.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree