1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 14:34
    Originally posted by humy
    I do not know God's purpose for parasites.

So admit your religion cannot explain parasites. In fact, the behavior of parasites (attacking innocent animals that have nothing to do with human 'sins'😉 contradicts the existence of your god for the reason already explained to you. In contrast, modern science can explain parasites -they ...[text shortened]... Modern science; 1. your religion; 0.

Have you ever considered coming out of the dark ages?
    That is another one of your ridiculous arguments. Just because I do not know God's purpose for parasites does not mean God does not have a purpose for parasites. Maybe God has left many things unexplained so that we can have the joy of discovery.

The instructor
  2. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    29 Jun '13 20:281 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is another one of your ridiculous arguments. Just because I do not know God's purpose for parasites does not mean God does not have a purpose for parasites. Maybe God has left many things unexplained so that we can have the joy of discovery.

The instructor
    Just because I do not know God's purpose for parasites does not mean God does not have a purpose for parasites. Maybe God has left many things unexplained so that we can have the joy of discovery.

Which is pure speculation and blind faith on your part. We, on the other hand, CAN explain it with proven hard scientific facts -no faith, no speculation.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 04:15
    Just because I do not know God's purpose for parasites does not mean God does not have a purpose for parasites. Maybe God has left many things unexplained so that we can have the joy of discovery.

Which is pure speculation and blind faith on your part. We, on the other hand, CAN explain it with proven hard scientific facts -no faith, no speculation.
    That is what you believe, so it is faith and not scientific facts after all. You have not explained how evilution would make parasites either, Spanky.

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 07:37
    That is what you believe, so it is faith and not scientific facts after all. You have not explained how evilution would make parasites either, Spanky.

The Instructor
    You have not explained how evolution would make parasites either

evolution would evolve parasites by mutation and natural selection -how else?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    30 Jun '13 23:10
    You have not explained how evolution would make parasites either

evolution would evolve parasites by mutation and natural selection -how else?
    That does not really explain anything. For example, what were parasites before they were parasites and what exactly mutates, so that it will be naturally selected and turning it into a parasite?

The Instructor
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 00:251 edit
    That does not really explain anything. For example, what were parasites before they were parasites and what exactly mutates, so that it will be naturally selected and turning it into a parasite?

The Instructor
    Yeah, like you would actually be interested in the scientific answer. You only want weapons to destroy science, not learn any scientific truths.

fortunately you are just another relic and have no street cred in science or anything else for that matter. Soon you will be gone and there will be one less strident voice with bloated ego flying against obvious truths like the true age of the Earth, 4.6 billion years old or thereabouts.

2 centuries ago your ilk was still trying to convince folks the world was flat.

Or 1 century ago, if we had been meant to fly....

And now in this century, one of the vanishingly small minority still clinging to the hope someone will prove the age of the Earth at 6 thousand years
    and the creation fairy tale is the absolute truth. Good luck with that one.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 03:27
    Famous Scientists Reject Darwinian Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZTfQh9aZd0

Famous Scientists Who believe in God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RQ1yYvoqPQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp

The Instructor
    This video focused on scientists of "Darwin's Day". Do you realize how far science has come since then? If those scientists knew about genomics, radio-active age dating, genetic similarities between humans and other primates...etc., etc...don't you think you think their opinions would've been different? If those scientists, who lived in the 1800's, could spend time studying the oceans of knew knowledge we gained since then, I'm sure that not a single one would doubt Darwin.

Besides, your video said that some churches accepted Darwin's theory. Your spiritual ancestors thought Darwin was right.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 06:301 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    This video focused on scientists of "Darwin's Day". Do you realize how far science has come since then? If those scientists knew about genomics, radio-active age dating, genetic similarities between humans and other primates...etc., etc...don't you think you think their opinions would've been different? If those scientists, who lived in the 1800's, could s e churches accepted Darwin's theory. Your spiritual ancestors thought Darwin was right.
    Well we have scientist of today that know about that stuff and they still challenge Darwinain evolution at the evilution level. I know of none of my spiritual or natural ancestors that thought Darwin was right. I remember them asking, "Which came first the chicken or the egg?" And they still went to church. Obviously according to the Holy Bible the egg came from the chicken just as the seed comes from the plants.

Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so. And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind.

Remember the hen lays the egg and has to sit on it keeping it at a certain temperature over a period of time before the egg can hatch and the baby chicks are fed by the mother hen until they can peck for themselves.

(Genesis 1:11-12 NKJV)

The Instructor
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 07:252 edits
    Evolution does not require "belief" as it is reliant and proven by indisputable evidence.

Invariably. those that deny the Facts or "Don't Believe" in Evolution, show by their arguments that they Do Not Understand the subject. This in itself, is quite understandable & predictable. Human society & culture does not lend itself to well to entirely accurate understanding of extremely complex subjects. Misconceptions are 'common knowledge' & the media and entertainment industries are constantly un/mis informing the populace and failing to correct inaccuracies, as to do so would be contrary to their 'Raison D'etra.
    When people say they don't believe that man was descended from an ape, they show that they don't understand evolution properly.
    When people say that many positive attributes (especially in sports performances) is "In their Genes" they show they don't understand the subject properly & are rarely corrected. I could give further examples, but I think the point is made.

P.s. As for the chicken & egg thing, (a really poor analogy of a supposed paradox) ... Dinosaurs were Reptiles. Reptiles lay eggs. Chickens are Birds. Reptiles precede Birds (birds evolved from reptiles) therefore... eggs came before chickens! Simple.

pps. Have a nice day!
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 07:41
    Originally posted by silverbacked
    Evolution does not require "belief" as it is reliant and proven by indisputable evidence.

Invariably. those that deny the Facts or "Don't Believe" in Evolution, show by their arguments that they Do Not Understand the subject. This in itself, is quite understandable & predictable. Human society & culture does not lend itself to well to entirely accur ...[text shortened]... reptiles) therefore... eggs came before chickens! Simple.

pps. Have a nice day!
    The facts do not support evilution. Believe it or not.

The Instructor
  11. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 07:461 edit

The Instructor
    For example, what were parasites before they were parasites

None parasites.
    and what exactly mutates, so that it will be naturally selected and turning it into a parasite?

DNA.

any more extremely easy but dumb questions?
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '12
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 08:08
    The facts do not support evilution. Believe it or not.

The Instructor
    The FACTS as revealed by Genetic research & the study of DNA do not just support but confirm absolutely the evolutionary process. It has been proven "beyond any reasonable doubt"

The only way you could not accept this is by not understanding the subject or by holding "Unreasonable doubts" such as 'faith' based opinions which, you are entitled to believe for your own personal reasons, but please don't try to undermine the Scientific truth on this basis, if for no other reason than it will not work.

ps. please continue to have a nice day 🙂
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 09:10
    For example, what were parasites before they were parasites

None parasites.
    and what exactly mutates, so that it will be naturally selected and turning it into a parasite?

DNA.

any more extremely easy but dumb questions?
    No. You are not giving any helpful answers to understand the process. I guess I will just continue to believe as I do, since evilution doesn't make sense to me.

The Instructor
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 09:16
    Originally posted by silverbacked
    The FACTS as revealed by Genetic research & the study of DNA do not just support but confirm absolutely the evolutionary process. It has been proven "beyond any reasonable doubt"

The only way you could not accept this is by not understanding the subject or by holding "Unreasonable doubts" such as 'faith' based opinions which, you are entitled to bel ...[text shortened]... f for no other reason than it will not work.

ps. please continue to have a nice day 🙂
    Well there are many things I do not understand. So I will have to continue to believe the way I do until I understand differently. I think I am going to need a nap, getting sleepy.

The Instructor
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jul '13 10:56
    Well there are many things I do not understand. So I will have to continue to believe the way I do until I understand differently. I think I am going to need a nap, getting sleepy.

The Instructor
    And you don't really care to understand, content with your fairy tales about a young Earth and creationism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree