1. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jan '19 19:32
    @metal-brain said
    You didn't ask that. How many times are you going to attempt to move the goal post?
    I have never attempted to confine you to recent peer reviewed articles, yet you tried to impose it on me. Accepting such an unreasonable criteria would make finding them very time consuming. I must insist you hold yourself to the same standards as you expect from others.
    I have never ask ...[text shortened]... that is said to be peer reviewed and can't see any critique of the article. Where do you find that?
    The goal post has stood steadfast at this claim of yours:

Selecting literature that supports your position is not proof. I can do the same thing.

Yet you have not selected any literature to support your position.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Jan '19 19:44
    @kazetnagorra said
    The goal post has stood steadfast at this claim of yours:

Selecting literature that supports your position is not proof. I can do the same thing.

Yet you have not selected any literature to support your position.
    I have already posted plenty of Singer's articles. Here is the same link I have posted for you before.

https://www.americanthinker.com/author/s_fred_singer/

Now answer my questions. You have been ignoring them.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 00:08
    @metal-brain said
    I have already posted plenty of Singer's articles. Here is the same link I have posted for you before.

https://www.americanthinker.com/author/s_fred_singer/

Now answer my questions. You have been ignoring them.
    I looked up the first article from the list you gave on the previous page. The first one on the list is an article in Nature... however, it is not authored by Fred Singer.

Looks like you got bamboozled a bit there, I'm afraid.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 08:26
    @kazetnagorra said
    I looked up the first article from the list you gave on the previous page. The first one on the list is an article in Nature... however, it is not authored by Fred Singer.

Looks like you got bamboozled a bit there, I'm afraid.
    Really? Can you post the nature link?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 10:25
    @metal-brain said
    Here is a link to the article. It's paywalled of course, but you can see who the authors are.

https://www.nature.com/articles/384522b0
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 13:24
    @metal-brain said
    Author information
    Affiliations
    Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22903, USA
    Patrick J. Michaels & Paul C. Knappenberger
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 18:20
    @kazetnagorra said
    Here is a link to the article. It's paywalled of course, but you can see who the authors are.

https://www.nature.com/articles/384522b0
    That is not the first article listed like you claimed. Is it even on the list?
  8. Germany
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 19:30
    @metal-brain said
    That is not the first article listed like you claimed. Is it even on the list?
    Top of the list in the URL you posted on 02 Jan '19 18:12.
  9. Joined
    26 Apr '03
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 19:431 edit
    @Metal-Brain

See the first animated chart here, it is very persuasive ideed if you think about what it is showing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-5aceb360-8bc3-4741-99f0-2e4f76ca02bb
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 21:35
    @metal-brain said
    It debunks the perception of cause and effect that most people believe. Most people think the ice core samples prove CO2 caused warming in the past. It does not. This proves that even if there is anthropogenic warming you cannot be certain CO2 is the main cause of that AGW. It could be methane for all you know.
    Saying it is both is an easy conclusion to make, but how mu ...[text shortened]... d guests on the program trashing string theory that are not even physicists.

Same thing, right?
    Do you have any evidence that most people believe that ice core samples prove that carbon dioxide caused warming in the past?
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Jan '19 21:41
    @metal-brain said
    "I suggest you look at the stuff I was saying about astronomical forcing in one of the other threads on this issue."

Your source was full of unintelligible jargon. Here is an excerpt from the link below:

"A lot of people tend to use complicated vocabulary and jargon to mask when they don’t understand something. The problem is we only fool ourselves because we don’t ...[text shortened]... .com/explore/item/the-feynman-technique-the-best-way-to-learn-anything

Use the Feynman technique.
    My source was a scientific paper intended for a technical audience. If you are unable to interpret scientific articles about this subject then you are not in a position to independently criticize them. You cannot rely on Feynman to get you off the hook here, his comments were audience specific, meaning that an article or talk written for a particular audience ought to consider the appropriateness of technical language being used. It does not mean that you can dismiss a scientific paper as being irrelevant to an argument simply because you do not understand all the scientific terms being used in it.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 20:00
    @deepthought said
    My source was a scientific paper intended for a technical audience. If you are unable to interpret scientific articles about this subject then you are not in a position to independently criticize them. You cannot rely on Feynman to get you off the hook here, his comments were audience specific, meaning that an article or talk written for a particular audience ought to c ...[text shortened]... evant to an argument simply because you do not understand all the scientific terms being used in it.
    HA!

You don't even know what the article is saying! FAIL!
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 20:04
    @deepthought said
    Do you have any evidence that most people believe that ice core samples prove that carbon dioxide caused warming in the past?
    I cannot provide a poll to verify it any more than you can do the opposite. The establishment doesn't release polls that are not in their interest. You can bet the poll has been done, but the establishment keeps it suppressed. They use the polls to estimate the effectiveness of their propaganda. They do not want you to know all they do. That would be counter productive.
  14. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 20:06
    @metal-brain said
    HA!

You don't even know what the article is saying! FAIL!
    Is this the kind of scientific "debate" that you think is missing from civil discourse?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Jan '19 20:09
    @kazetnagorra said
    Top of the list in the URL you posted on 02 Jan '19 18:12.
    Bullcrap!

You are a liar! I never posted a specific article by Singer, just a link to many of them. You claimed the first listed was written by someone else. That was a lie!
    Furthermore, you posted a link that was not even on the one I posted. Not even one! This is another example of how alarmists lie when they cannot rely on facts any longer.

Pathetic!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree