1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Sep '11 00:08
    Originally posted by tomtom232
    Gravity sent his one and only begotten son to earth... but the son forgot his parachute.
    Well THAT'S an openerπŸ™‚
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 07:014 edits
    I just ate some salami, capicola, and ham. The sandwich was ***delicious***. This was done in retaliation for this thread. I had informed you that I would do as much previously. You are as culpable as me for me eating 700 calories of pure, unadulterated meat.

To all else: I encourage you to join me in this endeavor. For every inane thread started, lame comment posted, and brain cell killed, eat meat. And then post about it. Dasa, the streets will run red with blood. Blood from delicious animals. And it will be on your hands.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 10:23
    Originally posted by amolv06
    I just ate some salami, capicola, and ham. The sandwich was ***delicious***. This was done in retaliation for this thread. I had informed you that I would do as much previously. You are as culpable as me for me eating 700 calories of pure, unadulterated meat.

To all else: I encourage you to join me in this endeavor. For every inane thread started, la ...[text shortened]... e streets will run red with blood. Blood from delicious animals. And it will be on your hands.
    And every time you eat meat and post it, I will murder one human child. You will be as culpable as me.
  4. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 10:47
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And every time you eat meat and post it, I will murder one human child. You will be as culpable as me.
    yeah but amolv06's thing is funny.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 11:03
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    It's always funny when it is not us dyingπŸ˜•
  6. Wat?
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 11:04
    Yes it is!

And amolvs' is just fun vs deluded comments and ignorance aimed at upsetting the science forum.

Dasa, if he had any ounce of respect, should remain in the religious forum.

As people know, I am Buddhist. It is however, and has been for long years, acceptable for Buddhists to eat meat, as it is recognised as sustenic to daily eating and human need. In fact, additionally, every Buddhist monk eats pork, chicken and fish - DAILY.

I will be tucking into a good piece of tenderised curried chicken soon, rounded off with rice and Tom Yam sea-food Soup, with prawns and all the fish and sea-foods that go hand in hand with it.

YUM YUM YUMMY! πŸ™‚

-M.

Hopefully, we'll get back to quantum physics and the larger cosmos soon. πŸ˜‰
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 12:51
    Its funny when it is not your morals that are being offended.

Would it also be funny if he had threatened to commit blasphemy every time dasa posts? (thus offending Christians or Muslims depending on the type of blasphemy).

Why was my threat not funny?
  8. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 16:48
    Its funny when it is not your morals that are being offended.

Would it also be funny if he had threatened to commit blasphemy every time dasa posts? (thus offending Christians or Muslims depending on the type of blasphemy).

Why was my threat not funny?
    "Why was my threat not funny?"

Too much gravitas?

GRANNY.
  9. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 18:03
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Yes it is!

And amolvs' is just fun vs deluded comments and ignorance aimed at upsetting the science forum.

As people know, I am Buddhist. It is however, and has been for long years, acceptable for Buddhists to eat meat, as it is recognised as sustenic to daily eating and hu ...[text shortened]... UMMY! πŸ™‚

-M.

Is that so? I was given to understand that part of 'right action' involved abstention from eating meat. I guess this varies with the variety of Buddhism in question then?
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 19:18
    *just ate a burger*
  11. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 20:14
    Originally posted by mikelom
    Yes it is!

As people know, I am Buddhist. It is however, and has been for long years, acceptable for Buddhists to eat meat, as it is recognised as sustenic to daily eating and hu ...[text shortened]... UMMY! πŸ™‚

-M.

Lord Buddha incarnated to present human society with the principle of Ahimsa or non violence because society were abusing the Vedas and introducing slaughter houses.

So any Buddhist who eats meat is not a Buddhist.

They are believing themselves to be Buddhist because their Buddhism is an avenue to display their intellectualism which they are very proud of.

But what is the use of intellectualism that kills God and slaughters animals.......this intellectualism is worthless.

If you happen to meet with a Buddhist who is a meat eater.......walk away as fast as you can.....No - run away as fast as you can ........ No - kick him in the shins first and then run away as fast as you can - because he is a fraud and a disgrace to true Buddhist teachings.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Sep '11 21:44
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Is that so? I was given to understand that part of 'right action' involved abstention from eating meat. I guess this varies with the variety of Buddhism in question then?
    Thing is it's not a rule. you dont make people vegtarians in buddhism.
    Guatama buddha himself was a vegetarian, hence the inspiration.
    But no one in Buddhism is saying "you cant get enlightened without becoming a vegetarian", rather it tries to put the onus back on the indivual to alleviate as much suffereing as s/he can on her way back to Godhead.

One way to alleviate suffering is through becoming vegetarian, or so the tenet goes.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 01:35
    Originally posted by Dasa
    If you happen to meet with a Buddhist who is a meat eater.......walk away as fast as you can.....No - run away as fast as you can ........ No - kick him in the shins first and then run away as fast as you can - because he is a fraud and a disgrace to true Buddhist teachings.
    So in this particular case you'd be unwilling to enter into spiritual discourse?
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 05:011 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So in this particular case you'd be unwilling to enter into spiritual discourse?
    I am being theatrical here - only to make a point.

I will discuss with anyone who enquires politely. (anyone)
  15. Wat?
    Moves
    29 Sep '11 14:09
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Lord Buddha incarnated to present human society with the principle of Ahimsa or non violence because society were abusing the Vedas and introducing slaughter houses.

So any Buddhist who eats meat is not a Buddhist.

They are believing themselves to be Buddhist because their Buddhism is an avenue to display their intellectualism which they are very proud of ...[text shortened]... n run away as fast as you can - because he is a fraud and a disgrace to true Buddhist teachings.
    The Buddha said do not kill! (animals included)

If an animal is not slain by a Buddhist, but is already dead, then to eat it is not killing. It is acceptable!

Get your facts right!

For you to disdainfully say "any Buddhist who eats meat is not a Buddhist" is unquantified, and completely misunderstood.

There are five principal rules. If one can meet all five then oneself is a good way towards enlightenment. However, all humans are human. If one doesn't meet one of the five, one is still Buddhist and needs to keep working upon oneself, alone - be it bad or good, and pure common sense.

You have no idea about Buddhism or your own doctrine!

I have mentioned only five basic rules, but if you have any idea about the eight fold path you would have more understanding about Buddhism than you claim to even acknowldege zero knowledge about.

Go get your knickers in a twist, take off your leather shoes, tuck into a Macdonalds burger again, and come back to me with some, at least, incremental understanding of Buddhism.

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree