1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Dec '08 19:511 edit
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Did anything I said made you believe I think homosexuality is "bad"? 😕 Your arguments are sounding conspicuously Fabian-like.

Are homo sapiens peaceful?
    Jebus, I was trying to post things to please you -- adopting the baboon submission position, if you will. (I don't know where the kak you're coming from on this one.)

No, cuz they don't got the gayness sufficiently.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 10:37
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Jebus, I was trying to post things to please you -- adopting the baboon submission position, if you will. (I don't know where the kak you're coming from on this one.)

What is gayness?

Sishi were perfect warriors, Ieros Lochos' soldiers were terrific warriors; it seems to me that sexuality has to do with one's personal taste. I prefer the ladies, you prefer the monkeys, he prefers the gentlemen and she prefers the strawberries and the lamps, not to mention those cliffothic OTOs that they were one behind the other like the slow train comin
    😵
  3. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 13:182 edits

The problem with "stories" regarding possible benefits/disadvantages of a certain trait is that one can speculate about anything. How can we weigh each of the advantages against each disadvantage? Worse: Even if there was an ex-ante net advantage (resp. disadvantage), it wouldn't mean that it must be so that homosexuality is (resp. not)genetical.

Evolution was one of the historical arguments used against homosexuality being genetic. I was against arguments of that form before (for the reasons above), I cannot now defend my views based on an argument of similar form.

Side note: In the end, I think we both agree that it doesn't matter whether I love sardines because it's in my Portuguese genes or because my culture imbued me with pilchard love. And it doesn't matter if homosexuality is cultural or biological.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 14:08
    The problem with "stories" regarding possible benefits/disadvantages of a certain trait is that one can speculate about anything. How can we weigh each of the advantages against each disadvantage? Worse: Even if there was an ex-ante net advantage (resp. disadvantage), it wouldn't mean that it must be so that homosexuality is (resp. not)genetical.

E ...[text shortened]... d me with pilchard love. And it doesn't matter if homosexuality is cultural or biological.
    Of course it doesn't matter; and it's not "anomaly"
    😵
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 14:12
    Originally posted by black beetle
    Of course it doesn't matter; and it's not "anomaly"
    😵
    Pretty much what I think, but it means this thread will die soon!
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 14:281 edit
    Modern obscurantists! That it doesn't "matter" doesn't mean it's not interesting in itself. This is the same type of reaction as the one of the thread "Women and chess"... What's wrong in trying to learn how our brain functions? Or what drives our sexuality?
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 14:44
    Modern obscurantists! That it doesn't "matter" doesn't mean it's not interesting in itself. This is the same type of reaction as the one of the thread "Women and chess"... What's wrong in trying to learn how our brain functions? Or what drives our sexuality?
    Cmon Pal, you feel like wanting having sex with somebody, that's it; some like lass and some do not😵
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 14:46
    Pretty much what I think, but it means this thread will die soon!
    Oh it was hardly alive my obnoxious brother;
    go now back and face the horrific Black's KID, man, and leave the excuses aside

😵
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 15:001 edit
    Cmon Pal, you feel like wanting having sex with somebody, that's it; some like lass and some do not😵
    Of course! But learning about what drives our sexuality can only improve our understanding of ourselves. So why do you want the thread to die?
  10. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    11 Dec '08 15:04
    Of course! But learning about what drives our sexuality can only improve our understanding of ourselves. So why do you want the thread to die?
    I don't! I am just indifferent coz I already have the person I love in my life; if my beutiful Maria was a man I would be gay and if I was a woman I would be a lesbian, no prob at all, no abnormality at all, that is
    😵
  11. Illinois
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 05:311 edit
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Why use the negatively connoted word anomaly?
    Why do you think "anomaly" has negative connotations? In what instance is it usually used in a negative way?

Aside from that, I will gladly apologize for and withdraw the use of the term, if it means we can intelligently discuss this issue.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 07:16
    What drives our sexuality? Desire. So let's talk about desire and the basis of desire. You go first.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 07:31
    What drives our sexuality? Desire. So let's talk about desire and the basis of desire. You go first.
    And also our inner inclination to be in oneness with the other person leanin towards to that great tantric path
    😵
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 08:05
    And also our inner inclination to be in oneness with the other person leanin towards to that great tantric path
    😵
    Isn't that 'inner inclination' a clue to the nature, or the process, of desire? (Nature is a process).
  15. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    12 Dec '08 10:182 edits
    Our brain drives it. The difference between talking about desire or the brain process, for a biologist/neurologist, is ultimately semantics. So I don't see where you're going.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree