1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 05:15
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But you are really not interested in science so why do you bother to post here?
    I point out things that some claim to be scientific facts, like billions of years and evilution, as being fiction and not science at all. I am for the truth regardless if it concerns science or philosophy or religion.

The Instructor
  2. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 06:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I point out things that some claim to be scientific facts, like billions of years and evilution, as being fiction and not science at all. I am for the truth regardless if it concerns science or philosophy or religion.
    The Instructor
    But not if it contradicts your religious beliefs. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 07:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Hydrogen is the most common and oxygen is the third most common element in the Milky Way galaxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abundance_of_the_chemical_elements
    Sugar is the most common and chocolate is the third most common element in the milky way candy bar. How that has anything to do with them getting to the stores I don't know.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 14:43
    Any means to desperately support your idiotic theory. LOOK, I saw an entire MOLECULE float by on the surface of the moon, surely that means there could be liquid water there.......
    I saw men walk on the moon too. That means there is gravity there and that means there is pressure also.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 20:32
    I saw men walk on the moon too. That means there is gravity there and that means there is pressure also.

The Instructor
    Why would you think that seeing men walk on the moon means that the moon must have pressure?

Could you explain what you mean by pressure...

Because I am not sure it's the same thing everyone else means by it.
  6. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 21:574 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Why would you think that seeing men walk on the moon means that the moon must have pressure?

What a moron. I think he must be getting desperate now as he is apparently trying to make out that the pull of gravity is the same as atmospheric pressure in order to justify his debunked and absurd claim that liquid water can exist on the surface of the Moon even though we have repeatedly pointed out to him the well known fact that a liquid cannot exist in a vacuum -the pull of gravity does nothing to change that fact of course.

Obviously, to have liquid water, gravity alone cannot do it -you need atmospheric pressure or at least some weight from something (e.g. rock ) resting on it from above so that even its most top surface is being pressed down from above else that surface of the water, and then almost instantly working down until there is no liquid water left, would instantly either all vaporize or all freeze or a mixture of both those things.
    Hypothetically, if you poured a load of liquid water on the very surface of the Moon then, within a very tiny fraction of a second (I would think we are talking nanoseconds here! ) , none of it would remain as a liquid.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '13 22:43
    Originally posted by googlefudge

Gravity = Force = Pressure

The Instructor
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 01:47
    Gravity = Force = Pressure

The Instructor
    And? So take it away oh maven of science, explain to us morons what that pressure is and what it means for people on the moon.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 18:11
    And? So take it away oh maven of science, explain to us morons what that pressure is and what it means for people on the moon.
    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/moonfact.html

The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '13 20:29
    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/planetary/factsheet/moonfact.html

The Instructor
    So that video is going to say we weigh in at 1/6th of what we would on Earth, so 600 pounds on Earth would be 100 pounds on the moon and there is a VERY weak atmosphere on the moon, like a molecule here, a molecule there, some dust floating on electric fields and so forth. Do you seriously think that is going to be enough to allow liquid water?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 07:20
    So that video is going to say we weigh in at 1/6th of what we would on Earth, so 600 pounds on Earth would be 100 pounds on the moon and there is a VERY weak atmosphere on the moon, like a molecule here, a molecule there, some dust floating on electric fields and so forth. Do you seriously think that is going to be enough to allow liquid water?
    It is interesting to note that until we recently determined there was little or no water on mars that some secular scientists believed the gigantic canyon systems there were carved by flood waters. Yet at the same time they denied that the Grand Canyon on earth could have been carved by a worldwide flood even thought the earth has a lot of water.

So what is so crazy about the idea that there may have once been water on the moon even if there is no evidence now? They still have not given up on the idea of finding frozen water on mars.

The Instructor
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 09:07
    It is interesting to note that until we recently determined there was little or no water on mars that some secular scientists believed the gigantic canyon systems there were carved by flood waters. Yet at the same time they denied that the Grand Canyon on earth could have been carved by a worldwide flood even thought the earth has a lot of water.

So what ...[text shortened]... ? They still have not given up on the idea of finding frozen water on mars.

The Instructor
    There is water on the moon, locked up in ice held in craters in the south pole area that receives no sunlight ever. That is not now and never was liquid water, except for a brief period when the incoming watery comet crashed into the moon and liberated ice into water for a short time but leaving ice behind very shortly after that. Liquid water could never have been around on the moon for extended periods of time because there is very little atmosphere now and a billion years ago.

The Grand canyon did not happen as the result of a 30 day flood and you know that very well. You just want to put out BS theories in order to hold up your creationist stance. It took millions of years to carve out the GC. If it had happened in 30 days the result would have been much different, not one little canyon like we see today but hundreds of them. The GC was the result of one little river. But of course you already knew that. You just think repeating the same BS will buy converts.
  13. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 09:334 edits
    There is water on the moon, locked up in ice held in craters in the south pole area that receives no sunlight ever. That is not now and never was liquid water, except for a brief period when the incoming watery comet crashed into the moon and liberated ice into water for a short time but leaving ice behind very shortly after that. Liquid water could never h ...[text shortened]... er. But of course you already knew that. You just think repeating the same BS will buy converts.
    Liquid water could never have been around on the moon for extended periods of time because there is very little atmosphere now and a billion years ago.

not to mention the fact that, even billions of years ago, there couldn't ever existed, not even for a moment, liquid water on its very surface for basic physics would not allow it. Liquid water there could only (and probably only briefly at that ) exist deep underground with a weight of rocks above it to keep it liquid. And basic physics would never allow any such water, liquid or not, to have any real cooling effect on the whole Moon regardless of the quantities involved (which would at most have be truly tiny compared to the whole mass of the Moon anyway )

-but I guess the arrogant moron, despite not ever have studied science at university and despite having no real understanding of any science, would think all of that above is wrong because he is so delusional and arrogant as to think he actually knows better about science than all us scientists!!!
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 11:53
    Originally posted by humy
    Liquid water could never have been around on the moon for extended periods of time because there is very little atmosphere now and a billion years ago.

not to mention the fact that, even billions of years ago, there couldn't ever existed, not even for a moment, liquid water on its very surface for basic physics would not allow it. Liquid ...[text shortened]... sional and arrogant as to think he actually knows better about science than all us scientists!!!
    There must be a phrase or word for such a person. What would be the best one? Unbridled arrogance? There must be the perfect pejorative to use hereπŸ™‚
  15. Joined
    06 Mar '12
    Moves
    27 Nov '13 12:225 edits
    There must be a phrase or word for such a person. What would be the best one? Unbridled arrogance? There must be the perfect pejorative to use hereπŸ™‚
    this would just not be pejorative enough and has far too many words but the words "illogical unreasonable superopinionated condescending superdelusional superarrogant moron" come to my mind (I am inventing new words here )

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree