1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 May '14 06:46
    Let's not feed the trolls. Let's discuss science and not religion. Don't fall into the old trap of turning an interesting topic to a creationist propaganda in a marathon debate where noone has anything to learn.

Let's discuss spiritual matters in the Spiritual Forum.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 17:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hinds, look at this:

Now there is proof the Chicxulub crater caused a global cooling incident.

http://phys.org/news/2014-05-proof-global-cooling-chicxulub-asteroid.html
    It seems a bit premature to declare it proof.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 19:48
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It seems a bit premature to declare it proof.
    This is the crater that left debris from rocks in this area to land 1500 feet deep in Bermuda. You can deny deny deny all you want, the facts are there.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 02:24
    This is the crater that left debris from rocks in this area to land 1500 feet deep in Bermuda. You can deny deny deny all you want, the facts are there.
    Show me the Youtube video so I can see something.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '14 13:44
    Show me the Youtube video so I can see something.
    You want to be spoon fed. Why don't you just google Chicxulub and read about all on your own, use your own brain if you still have anything left upstairs.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 17:28
    You want to be spoon fed. Why don't you just google Chicxulub and read about all on your own, use your own brain if you still have anything left upstairs.
    They can say anything in print. Why can't they show the proof?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '14 17:51
    They can say anything in print. Why can't they show the proof?
    I sent you a pm about this, the shape of galaxies, how they are arranged in the universe, the post is the best 3d map of the universe, take a look at that and take a look at the post labled seeing under 50 feet of the top of luna, that shows how ground based radar helps illuminate what happens when a Mt Everest size asteroid hits the moon and pretty much the same when it hits Earth. The ones on the moon don't get eroded by geology and weather so it shows it as it would look like on Earth just after the crash.

It clearly shows splattering that results from big rocks crashing down on the surface. You can see how far ejecta goes on the moon and it is pretty much the same on Earth except for our atmosphere which modulates how much stuff gets ejected, it slows down ejecta when it gets bombarded and it is VERY significant that despite the Earth's atmosphere, the chicxulub crater in the Yucatan deposited crap 1500 feet deep as far away as Bermuda. That is a known fact. The geologists can type cast rocks and they know pretty much where one kind of rock resides and it for sure wasn't in Bermuda which is a sedimentary Island and volcanic.

Yet Yucatan rocks made it to Bermuda. And in about 30 minutes because the ejecta came out like an ICBM launch only faster.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    15 May '14 20:43
    I sent you a pm about this, the shape of galaxies, how they are arranged in the universe, the post is the best 3d map of the universe, take a look at that and take a look at the post labled seeing under 50 feet of the top of luna, that shows how ground based radar helps illuminate what happens when a Mt Everest size asteroid hits the moon and pretty much th ...[text shortened]... to Bermuda. And in about 30 minutes because the ejecta came out like an ICBM launch only faster.
    I'll have to spend more time on this to see if I can figure out what you are talking about.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 May '14 21:43
    I'll have to spend more time on this to see if I can figure out what you are talking about.
    I'm not worried. You will rationalize it all away anyhow.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '14 04:523 edits
    I'm not worried. You will rationalize it all away anyhow.
    Check out all the underwater volcanic craters. You can see pictures on google. The chicxulub crater, believed by evolutionists to have killed the dinosaurs, is horseshoe shaped. The crater created in 1980 by the eruption of the Mount St. Helens volcano is also horseshoe shaped. What a coincidence.

Large horseshoe-shaped craters, open at one end, have long been noted in many volcanic regions around the world. The origin of these breached craters has been controversial, but since the landslide and eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980, many have been interpreted by scientists as the result of a landslide.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/Imgs/Jpg/MSH/30210600_056_caption.html
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '14 10:53
    Check out all the underwater volcanic craters. You can see pictures on google. The chicxulub crater, believed by evolutionists to have killed the dinosaurs, is horseshoe shaped. The crater created in 1980 by the eruption of the Mount St. Helens volcano is also horseshoe shaped. What a coincidence.

Large horseshoe-shaped craters, open at one end, have ...[text shortened]... s the result of a landslide.

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/Imgs/Jpg/MSH/30210600_056_caption.html
    Er, did you not get the part where the Chicxulub crater was partially in the frigging OCEAN? That is why it is horseshoe shaped. My god, your mind cannot even follow a frigging curve and feed in the missing information. No wonder you are stuck with all that YEC bullshyte.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '14 19:03
    Er, did you not get the part where the Chicxulub crater was partially in the frigging OCEAN? That is why it is horseshoe shaped. My god, your mind cannot even follow a frigging curve and feed in the missing information. No wonder you are stuck with all that YEC bullshyte.
    I will take the proof of how the horseshoe shaped crater at Mount St. Helens formed by a landside in 1980 over your speculation about the unkown, anytime.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '14 19:37
    I will take the proof of how the horseshoe shaped crater at Mount St. Helens formed by a landside in 1980 over your speculation about the unkown, anytime.
    Let's see. A what, one mile horseshoe VS a crater 180 MILES across. Sure, it could happen, a giant volcano.

Except of the part there is no volcanic magma anywhere NEAR the Yucatan.

That asteroid hit partially into the ocean and it has been proven, much as you love your rationalizations. Pitiful really.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 May '14 20:41
    Let's see. A what, one mile horseshoe VS a crater 180 MILES across. Sure, it could happen, a giant volcano.

Except of the part there is no volcanic magma anywhere NEAR the Yucatan.

That asteroid hit partially into the ocean and it has been proven, much as you love your rationalizations. Pitiful really.
    It is all speculation because it is all underground and under the ocean and there is no recording of what happened and when.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 May '14 21:551 edit
    It is all speculation because it is all underground and under the ocean and there is no recording of what happened and when.
    You are just advertising your ignorance now. EVERYTHING to you is just speculation because you are about 1000 years behind the ball and fully intend to stay there so you have no business making science judgments.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree