How Evolutionists Date Rocks & Fossils

How Evolutionists Date Rocks & Fossils

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
You are just advertising your ignorance now. EVERYTHING to you is just speculation because you are about 1000 years behind the ball and fully intend to stay there so you have no business making science judgments.
Why the Chicxulub-impact was an explosive supervolcano

The detection of an andesitic melt in the center of the crater (with dioritic magma chamber in the underground) suggest the explosion of a supervolcano.

The arguments of the advocates for an impact origin of the Chicxulub are not convincing, more shaky, because:

1. Iridium is not only an indicator of "young" exoterrestrial material. It is been since the creation of the planet exists in its liquid core.

2. Planar deformation or shock-generated features are equal indicators of volcanic eruptions, or shock waves by magma movements.

3. As with other supposedly large impact structures, it was also in this case not possible to reach a geochemical correlation between target-rocks and "impact"-melt. (therefore also the "Tektites" are of volcanic origin)

4. The so-called impact-melt in the Chicxulub is clearly of magmatic origin.
The found glasses are either geochemically compatible with the andesitic melt or are a mix with molten bedrock.

Probably a huge gas explosion took place, by this the bedrock was destroyed and the debris were widely distributed. The strewn field extends to Belize, Guatemala and southern Mexico.

http://www.b14643.de/Chicxulub_event/index.htm

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
17 May 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
[b]Why the Chicxulub-impact was an explosive supervolcano

The detection of an andesitic melt in the center of the crater (with dioritic magma chamber in the underground) suggest the explosion of a supervolcano.

The arguments of the advocates for an impact origin of the Chicxulub are not convincing, more shaky, because:

1. Iridium is not only an ...[text shortened]... nds to Belize, Guatemala and southern Mexico.

http://www.b14643.de/Chicxulub_event/index.htm[/b]
Ok., let's have a look at your points one at a time:

1) I assume you are trying to claim that Iridium is in the earth's mantle. Then we would expect large quantities of Iridium to be present in all rocks from volcanic sources. It is not, so you immediately have to assume Chixulub was an atypical super-eruption with a mantle plume having large amounts of iridium in it. I doubt you can find a convincing reason why it should have happened once and only once.

2) This does not disprove the high velocity impact hypothesis.

3) Tektites cannot be of volcanic origin. Volcanic molten glass contains water, Tektites do not.

4) Andesite has been found in two meteorites (GRA 06128 and GRA 06129), the presence of andesite does not rule out a meteorite strike.

In science we have this rule that any theory that contradicts empirical data is not true. This is not the same as abandoning the theory as useless, as it may be possible to modify it in order to explain new data, and data has a tendency of being noisy. In your method any empirical data that violates your theory of the literal truth of the Genesis account of the Bible cannot be true - so you end up pointlessly arguing for dubious alternative theories that defy logic.

If you believe in a God, and that humans have souls, then you either have to accept that God made the world with a big bang and then waited for a suitable candidate species to arise who he could give souls to; or stick with your creation story, but have God leave a false trial, which there are philosophical problems with. With your insistence on the literal truth of something that can't be true you are arguing with straightforward empirical data. Really it is time to grow up and stop clinging on to a creation myth written down 2,500 years ago. The Garden of Eden part of the story is clearly about the end of childhood and it is time to leave behind the Garden of Eden if you are going to claim to be an adult.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14
2 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
Ok., let's have a look at your points one at a time:

1) I assume you are trying to claim that Iridium is in the earth's mantle. Then we would expect large quantities of Iridium to be present in all rocks from volcanic sources. It is not, so you immediately have to assume Chixulub was an atypical super-eruption with a mantle plume having large ...[text shortened]... hood and it is time to leave behind the Garden of Eden if you are going to claim to be an adult.
The presence of glassy spherules and volcanoclasts in the studied outcrops in Central America and Caribbean is very diverse and marked a longer period of the Upper Cretaceous to Paleocene. For this and for the iridium concentrations, a persistent regional volcanism may be considered.

Tektite glasses do have a much lower water count than the normal volcanic glasses. In 1900, Professor Franz E. Suess of Vienna coined the term tektite from the Greek tektos meaning "melted or molten." Tektites are compositionally restricted, high silica, natural glasses distinguishably different from other, volcanically derived, natural glasses.

Tektites are often confused with obsidian. While both are natural glasses, the volcanic origin of obsidians has been undeniably established.

The origin of tektites, on the other hand, is not well understood and the conflict of theories remains puzzling and unresolved.

Charles Darwin made the first scientific study of tektites (Australites) during his famous five year voyage on HMS Beagle. He deduced a volcanic origin.

Since then, a multitude of other theories, including several extraterrestrial origin possibilities, have been advanced. Current opinions favor a terrestrial impact related paradigm. However, each proposed theory, while demonstrating evidence in its own favor, continues to frustratingly yield contradictory results favoring alternative origins.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ancientatomicwar/esp_ancient_atomic_04d.htm

The question is, are volcanic glasses and tektites of the same origin? Yes, I believe it is.

All of natural glasses found on the earth are from amorphous structure and have a high to very high SiO2 capacity. They are divided into Tektite, impact glasses and volcanic glasses. However there is no assurance that this division of glasses is right.

For the existence of tektites - emerged by an impact event - there is practically no proofs. It has also up to now not been successful, to prove a satisfactory chemical equality between supposed target rocks and glass locations. It is not impossible, that most glasses found on the earth are volcanic of origin. Besides it is not finally clarified whether such "typical" criteria for an impact, like the high temperature and high pressure minerals (e.g. Coesite, Stishovite), shatter cone structures, planar deformations in quartz grains or breccias (Suevite) also emerged by very high-dynamic volcanic events.

What kind of enormous dynamics by the explosion of a super - volcano is to be expected? The thrown out masses would be exposed to tremendous changes. During an explosion of the powerful magma chamber a dynamic comparable to an impact should be expected.

http://www.b14643.de/Tektites/

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 14

The presence of glassy spherules and volcanoclasts in the studied outcrops in Central America and Caribbean is very diverse and marked a longer period of the Upper Cretaceous to Paleocene. For this and for the iridium concentrations, a persistent regional volcanism may be considered.

Tektite glasses do have a much lower water count than the normal volcani ...[text shortened]... chamber a dynamic comparable to an impact should be expected.

http://www.b14643.de/Tektites/
That statement starts out wrong from paragraph one.

Did you not get the part where there is very little Iridium in or on the entire planet?

They just brush that detail aside and just blithely say volcano's produce Iridium.

There is not much Iridium to be had by volcano's or any other Earthly source, that stuff is much more common in asteroids and almost ALL of what we have on Earth is proof we were hit by giant mt Everest sized asteroids or bigger.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14

That statement starts out wrong from paragraph one.

Did you not get the part where there is very little Iridium in or on the entire planet?

They just brush that detail aside and just blithely say volcano's produce Iridium.

There is not much Iridium to be had by volcano's or any other Earthly source, that stuff is much more common in asteroids and ...[text shortened]... ALL of what we have on Earth is proof we were hit by giant mt Everest sized asteroids or bigger.
The Iridium comes from the core of the earth. It is believed there must have been frequent volcanic activity over a long period of time climaxed by a gas pressure explosion. This was super volcanic activity. Therefore, more Iridium came up than normally would.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 14
1 edit

The Iridium comes from the core of the earth. It is believed there must have been frequent volcanic activity over a long period of time climaxed by a gas pressure explosion. This was super volcanic activity. Therefore, more Iridium came up than normally would.
That is totally bullshyte. Indium does NOT come from the core and if it did it would NEVER make it up to the mantle to be available for volcanic activity in the first place.

You DO know the core is 4000 miles deep don't you?

You get to the core, like the cockroach motel, you go in you don't go back out because of the incredible pressures and heat there.

Why don't you read this stuff for yourself instead of just blindly buying creationist bullshyte?

Indium is a trace element in the Earth PERIOD. Comes in at about an average of 240 parts per BILLION. Is that trace enough for you?

http://www.mineralseducationcoalition.org/minerals/indium

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14
1 edit

That is totally bullshyte. Indium does NOT come from the core and if it did it would NEVER make it up to the mantle to be available for volcanic activity in the first place.

You DO know the core is 4000 miles deep don't you?

You get to the core, like the cockroach motel, you go in you don't go back out because of the incredible pressures and heat there.
I have read that iridium is present in the earth equally as for asterois, but it's distribution is not uniform; it's largely absent form the crust of the earth because it has been incorporated into the core. Asteroids, however, coming from the same proto-planetary source as the earth, still contain their iridium uniformly.

A super volcanic eruption under much pressure can account for pushing the iridium out the top.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 14

I have read that iridium is present in the earth equally as for asterois, but it's distribution is not uniform; it's largely absent form the crust of the earth because it has been incorporated into the core. Asteroids, however, coming from the same proto-planetary source as the earth, still contain their iridium uniformly.

A super volcanic eruption under much pressure can account for pushing the iridium out the top.
No it can't. What part of the indium is in the CORE do you not understand?

THE CORE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN VOLCANO'S. PERIOD. THE CORE IS 4000 miles deep, WAY deeper than any exchange of matter.

You really need to think through your bizarre statements before you say them.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14

No it can't. What part of the indium is in the CORE do you not understand?

THE CORE DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN VOLCANO'S. PERIOD. THE CORE IS 4000 miles deep, WAY deeper than any exchange of matter.

You really need to think through your bizarre statements before you say them.
Well, I read that the minority of the iridium was in the crust and the rest was within the earth somewhere. I thought it was the core. However, if you are sure it is not in the core, because it is too deep, then they might not have said the core. But one theory says the iridium comes from within the earth somewhere. I forget exactly where.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 14
1 edit

Well, I read that the minority of the iridium was in the crust and the rest was within the earth somewhere. I thought it was the core. However, if you are sure it is not in the core, because it is too deep, then they might not have said the core. But one theory says the iridium comes from within the earth somewhere. I forget exactly where.
Well you are wrong. What part of the concentration of 240 parts per BILLION did you not understand.?

The Earth masses about 5.9 E 24 Kg.

Now in reality with a concentration of 240 parts per billion the total amount of Iridium in the Earth is trillions of kilograms but it is spread out so thin it is a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the mass of the planet.

240 billion atoms in a cube is 26000 in each dimension. In the center somewhere is ONE atom of Iridium.

Does that tell you ANYTHING?

BTW, that 26,000 number was from the use of MY OWN brain. I did not have to find a video to do that. Does that tell you something?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14

Well you are wrong. What part of the concentration of 240 parts per BILLION did you not understand.?

The Earth masses about 5.9 E 24 Kg.

Now in reality with a concentration of 240 parts per billion the total amount of Iridium in the Earth is trillions of kilograms but it is spread out so thin it is a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the mass ...[text shortened]... each dimension. In the center somewhere is ONE atom of Iridium.

Does that tell you ANYTHING?
I only know that some people believe that the percentage of Iridium is approximately equal to the percentage in asteriods and other such meteor like objects. However, the distribution is not evenly concentrated between the crust and the rest of the earth. I presented this because I believed it could be correct. I don't see anything you say that defintely proves it wrong.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 14

I only know that some people believe that the percentage of Iridium is approximately equal to the percentage in asteriods and other such meteor like objects. However, the distribution is not evenly concentrated between the crust and the rest of the earth. I presented this because I believed it could be correct. I don't see anything you say that defintely proves it wrong.
That is a given. The higher concentration of iridium comes from asteroids because that higher concentration is transported along with it. If it concentrates from 240 parts per billion everywhere else on Earth and all of a sudden you find a SINGLE layer ALL OVER THE EARTH BURIED in a layer an inch deep from the same time you can be assured that did not come from volcano's. That is EXACTLY what has been PROVEN.

The Chicxulub crater shows a higher concentration of Iridium and the ejecta made an inch deep layer of higher concentration of Iridium ALL OVER THE PLANET because of the violence of the collision and NOTHING else.

It is flat out impossible for volcano's to make an inch thick layer of Iridium in a certain layer inside the Earth that is world wide.

There was a world wide flood alright, but it wasn't water, it was Iridium.

And INCH deep layer. Does that tell you ANYTHING? Can you perhaps use what is left of your brain to contemplate the implications of that well known fact?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14

That is a given. The higher concentration of iridium comes from asteroids because that higher concentration is transported along with it. If it concentrates from 240 parts per billion everywhere else on Earth and all of a sudden you find a SINGLE layer ALL OVER THE EARTH BURIED in a layer an inch deep from the same time you can be assured that did not come ...[text shortened]... perhaps use what is left of your brain to contemplate the implications of that well known fact?
We obviously don't have a meeting of the minds here. Can you point me to a reference that explains this in detail so I can understand what you are saying?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 May 14
2 edits

We obviously don't have a meeting of the minds here. Can you point me to a reference that explains this in detail so I can understand what you are saying?
All you have to do is google the iridium anomoly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium_anomaly

That is a start. Find the rest yourself. Wow. That search took me AT LEAST ten seconds.

See if you are as good at finding science as you are finding YEC video's.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 May 14

All you have to do is google the iridium anomoly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iridium_anomaly

That is a start. Find the rest yourself. Wow. That search took me AT LEAST ten seconds.

See if you are as good at finding science as you are finding YEC video's.
LOOK WHAT I FOUND:

Iridium is extremely rare in the earth's crust because it is a siderophile element, and therefore most of it sank with iron into the earth's core during planetary differentiation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous%E2%80%93Paleogene_boundary