Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Science Forum

Science Forum

  1. 29 Jul '17 12:22
    Can you have a zero without having one zero? So that makes two and so on.
  2. 29 Jul '17 12:24
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Can you have a zero without having one zero? So that makes two and so on.
    The example you set up is not very logical.
    So god is not logical.

    Was this the answer you wanted?
    If you want another answer, then we take it at Spiritual Forum.
  3. Subscriber C J Horse
    A stable personality
    29 Jul '17 12:40
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Can you have a zero without having one zero? So that makes two and so on.
    Do you mean is it logical to believe in a god? Blaise Pascal thought so. I don't.
  4. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    29 Jul '17 14:38
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Can you have a zero without having one zero? So that makes two and so on.
    Take it to Spirituality Spanky.
  5. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    29 Jul '17 16:01
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Take it to Spirituality Spanky.
    There is no philosophy forum here. If he takes his question to the spirituality forum he could be told to take it back to the science forum.

    I think the title should have been are people logical
  6. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    29 Jul '17 16:49
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    There is no philosophy forum here. If he takes his question to the spirituality forum he could be told to take it back to the science forum.

    I think the title should have been [b]are people logical
    [/b]
    Indeed Mr Lemon.

    I think we can both agree however that a thread with God in the title will find more traction in the Spirituality forum.
  7. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    29 Jul '17 17:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Indeed Mr Lemon.

    I think we can both agree however that a thread with God in the title will find more traction in the Spirituality forum.
    More traction, yes. But the word 'spirituality' isn't necessarily limited to religion or god. And science isn't necessarily the exclusive province of atheisism. Philosophy is more closely related to science than to spirituality, so why not give a home to philosophy here?
  8. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    29 Jul '17 17:57
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    More traction, yes. But the word 'spirituality' isn't necessarily limited to religion or god. And science isn't necessarily the exclusive province of atheisism. Philosophy is more closely related to science than to spirituality, so why not give a home to philosophy here?
    Agreed.
    Coincidentally, I'm working on an idea running along these same lines which I hope to post soon.
  9. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    29 Jul '17 18:06 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime

    And science isn't necessarily the exclusive province of atheism.
    It is in my house sir.

    (And I would have welcomed the thread had it been titled 'Is the idea of God logical' ).
  10. 29 Jul '17 18:26
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    It is in my house sir.

    (And I would have welcomed the thread had it been titled 'Is the idea of God logical' ).
    Okay, agreed. I was in a rush again. Sorry.
  11. 29 Jul '17 19:14
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    More traction, yes. But the word 'spirituality' isn't necessarily limited to religion or god. And science isn't necessarily the exclusive province of atheisism. Philosophy is more closely related to science than to spirituality, so why not give a home to philosophy here?
    Science belongs to one domain. Religion to another. They never meet.
  12. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    29 Jul '17 19:42
    Originally posted by @christopher-albon
    Okay, agreed. I was in a rush again. Sorry.
    Come on sir, no fun if you apologise.
  13. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    29 Jul '17 20:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Agreed.
    Coincidentally, I'm working on an idea running along these same lines which I hope to post soon.
    I'm looking forward to reading it.

    And by 'looking forward' I mean literally seeing ahead along the time line.
    Ah yes, and there it is!






    Hoo boy, this is gonna take awhile. I wasn't kidding about your thought process being more complex than mine. You like filling in all the blank spaces, don't you.
  14. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    29 Jul '17 21:25
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    Science belongs to one domain. Religion to another. They never meet.
    Hate to be the one dropping the spoiler, but--- owing to man's arrogance--- they are one and the same.
    Both are the result of man trying to help God.
  15. 29 Jul '17 21:53
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Hate to be the one dropping the spoiler, but--- owing to man's arrogance--- they are one and the same.
    Both are the result of man trying to help God.
    Says one who thinks our globe is flat. Meaning zero credibility.