Is our future history?

Is our future history?

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Jul 12

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
It's some serious questions. I just walked into a sci-fi convention. Everyone had their little pointy ears on and I'm like 'what the ****?'

So you're gonna build a big kettle is space is that it?
?

Moves
04 Jul 12

So let me get this straight. You're comparing the question of quiescent existentialism to the number of legs on insect sheep??
No. I'm comparing blather with blather.

Interesting. A little bit Isaaac Asimov

Do not talk so flippantly about someone whose intellectual level you could not hope to reach. And have the decency to spell his name right.

Richard

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
04 Jul 12
10 edits

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
No. I'm comparing blather with blather.

Interesting. A little bit Isaaac Asimov

Do not talk so flippantly about someone whose intellectual level you could not hope to reach. And have the decency to spell his name right.

Richard
Interesting that you left out the word possibly. Asimov was alright but he was stilted in his percussions. Same as A.C.Clarke.

Shame, both brilliant writers.

edit. that's not true Asimov was genuinely inspirational.

I apologize, I never got around to reading many of his works. They were too.....machinated.

Instead I've been reading hyper-fiction like WeaveWorld and the PaintedMan, far more imaginative.

Chris.

You have still yet to disprove my theory. You can't do it because it's impossible. UNDISPROVABLE. That is the both the nature and shortcomings of science. Which is precisely my point.

Moves
04 Jul 12

Interesting that you left out the word possibly. Asimov was alright but he was stilted in his percussions. Same as A.C.Clarke.

Shame, both brilliant writers.

edit. that's not true Asimov was genuinely inspirational.

I apologize, I never got around to reading many of his works. They were too.....machinated.

Instead I've been reading hyper-ficti ...[text shortened]... VABLE. That is the both the nature and shortcomings of science. Which is precisely my point.
I need to have lunch, and I have some shopping to do. (among other things)

However I am going to make some time this evening and start a new thread explaining
what science is, and how it works, and consequently why you are wrong.

You are making a very grandiose claim (that you can outdo science and improve on the
scientific method) and yet can't accurately describe what it is you are claiming to be able
to better.

It's like people who claim to be able to disprove evolution who can't accurate describe what
evolution is.

If you think you can do better than science, then ok, fine.

But you had better first understand what it is you think you can better.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
04 Jul 12
2 edits

I spent 4 years in hard-scientce and 'You're' gonna plan an afternoon barbeque to 'entertain me?'.

edit. OK, I'm in.

Moves
05 Jul 12

I spent 4 years in hard-scientce and 'You're' gonna plan an afternoon barbeque to 'entertain me?'.

edit. OK, I'm in.
Sorry, just got done dealing with something that cropped up in RL, and now I really need some sleep.

I will have to kick this off tomorrow instead.

I apologise for the delay.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
05 Jul 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Sorry, just got done dealing with something that cropped up in RL, and now I really need some sleep.

I will have to kick this off tomorrow instead.

I apologise for the delay.
There's no hurry. We can pick this back up in the future 😉

Planet Rain

Moves
07 Jul 12

I've just been to the future and discovered that this thread eventually evolves into the original Articles of Confederation of the first Martian colonies.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
08 Jul 12
4 edits

ROriginally posted by Soothfast
I've just been to the future and discovered that this thread eventually evolves into the original Articles of Confederation of the first Martian colonies.
Really, did you find out why we had to colonize Mars and how we managed it?