Is this question scientific...or not??

Is this question scientific...or not??

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Jul 11

Originally posted by MrksMonkey
I quoted your post in agreement, trying to summarize its point of view and also mine with the thoughts I wrote in an even earlier post.

And yes, ideas and thoughts are brainwave activities which can be recorded with Electroencephalography.
They can be recorded sure,... but can't be decoded into actual ideas/thoughts. What I mean is that I don't see us putting on those bio nets, think a specific thought, and have a computer interface directly with our mind...Although, If that were to happen, one could say the bio net, wires, computer, become our body i.e. the body is the interface to the physical universe, much the way a keyboard is the interface to its universe.

Moves
08 Jul 11

Originally posted by MrksMonkey
And yes, ideas and thoughts are brainwave activities which can be recorded with Electroencephalography.
Erm... that's so much of an oversimplification as to be meaningless.

Yes, you can record the measurable brainwave activity of a person while he's thinking of something. Good luck trying to recreate Anand vs. Carlsen from their collective recorded brainwaves, though.

Richard