Man-made global warming

Man-made global warming

Science

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h

Moves
20 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
Ok, as long as you say so. Bad weather has never happened before and people are always to blame. Of course if anything goes against what you are saying, then it is just weather.

Right, gotcha.

Yes, we are also to believe the climate scientists because they don't derive their funding from global warming claims. Yeah, that's the ticket.
You can be cynical of the scientists as much as you like. You can stay in your pure fantasy land where virtually every climate scientists, absurdly, is lying through his teeth in pure self interest and against the interests of humanity in some kind of vast absurd world conspiracy to deceive the whole of humanity -as if all scientists, unlike humans, have no morality or self-respect whatsoever and are infinitely selfish. But this doesn't change the fact that the evidence, in the form of hard weather statistics, speaks for itself and clearly shows that extreme weather events have been occurring at an increased frequency -just as predicted by the global warming climate models. If you want to argue with that, don't argue with me, argue with the data.

E

Moves
21 Aug 13

Originally posted by humy
You can be cynical of the scientists as much as you like. You can stay in your pure fantasy land where virtually every climate scientists, absurdly, is lying through his teeth in pure self interest and against the interests of humanity in some kind of vast absurd world conspiracy to deceive the whole of humanity -as if all scientists, unlike humans, have ...[text shortened]... ming climate models. If you want to argue with that, don't argue with me, argue with the data.
I find it funny how you give godlike authority to certain scientists and write off others. Yet you seem to be upset when I do the same thing. I think that makes you a hypocrite.

h

Moves
21 Aug 13
2 edits

I find it funny how you give godlike authority to certain scientists and write off others. Yet you seem to be upset when I do the same thing. I think that makes you a hypocrite.
I find it funny how you give'godlike authority to certain scientists and write off others.

What “others”? I didn't 'write off any other scientist in my last few posts so I don't know what you are talking about.
Virtually ALL climate scientists agree that, over the last few decades, Just like laypeople all over the world have been noticing and saying, severe weather events have been occurring at an increased frequency. This is because weather statistics CLEARLY show this to be the case. I challenge you to show evidence to the contrary!!! The website you showed doesn't show this because it was about a shorter time scale and was only about one type of extreme weather event -obviously we will always expect variation in the frequency of severe weather events from year to year sometimes going up and sometimes going down, but the general longer-term trend is still clearly an increase.
Yet you seem to be upset when I do the same thing.

You are writing off virtually ALL of the climate scientists! Despite the fact they know vastly more than you do about climate!
And I am NOT doing "the same thing”! -I am AGREEING with them ALL! -because I know they know more about it than I do! -because they have being doing the actual research!
Why cannot you admit that they know more about it than you do? -if not, then how do you KNOW that you know more about it than them when you haven't done the research? What gives you authority over them when it comes to information on climate? What are your credentials relevant to climate and, if you have none, why should we should just blindly take your word for it that they are all wrong when THEY are the experts, NOT YOU!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 13
2 edits

I find it funny how you give'godlike authority to certain scientists and write off others.

What “others”? I didn't 'write off any other scientist in my last few posts so I don't know what you are talking about.
Virtually ALL climate scientists agree that, over the last few decades, Just like laypeople all over the world have been noticin blindly take your word for it that they are all wrong when THEY are the experts, NOT YOU!
Those climate scientists are just weather men and they can be wrong and often are wrong. The increased frequency in severe weather events does not mean it is caused by global warming. Here in Geogia we still have days that we hit a record low temperature for that day. In fact, just a couple days ago we had an all time record low high temperature. I don't think that fits with worldwide global warming. At least, it does not make sense to me. But of course, I just use common sense in my reasoning.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Aug 13

More people die from floods than either of those.

But hey, if you are prepared neither the heat of summer nor the cold of winter will kill you. Get an air conditioner and you can survive the hottest of summers. Of course not drinking so much alcohol would help too.
Exactly how do you prepare for your entire town being inundated with ocean? We are not talking about simple increase in temperature. MILLIONS of animals, thousands of species will DIE. Polar bears for one. They cannot live in hot climates their thick coats see to that, they HAVE to have cool climes or they die. I guess you would just go, that's the breaks. Tough shyte for them.

The only thing you don't take into account there is when a top predator goes, the underlying food chain takes a big jump in population and it creates a huge imbalance in the ecosystem.

Whoopee doo I suppose you would say to all that. Get used to it, suck it up, live with it. Right?

h

Moves
22 Aug 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Those climate scientists are just weather men and they can be wrong and often are wrong. The increased frequency in severe weather events does not mean it is caused by global warming. Here in Geogia we still have days that we hit a record low temperature for that day. In fact, just a couple days ago we had an all time record low high temperature. I don't ...[text shortened]... ot make sense to me. But of course, I just use common sense in my reasoning.

The Instructor
Those climate scientists are just weather men

You mean like those on TV? Wow, your delusional mind knows no bounds. You are so stupid you cannot even spell it correctly; it is weathermen -ONE word. OBVIOUSLY, climate scientists do not equate with weathermen. Try looking up the definition of weathermen and then climate scientist and then come back to us.
The increased frequency in severe weather events does not mean it is caused by global warming.

Actually, if it happens over several decades just like it has been happening, it DOES. Once again you demonstrate your complete ignorance.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Aug 13

Those climate scientists are just weather men

You mean like those on TV? Wow, your delusional mind knows no bounds. You are so stupid you cannot even spell it correctly; it is [b] weathermen
-ONE word. OBVIOUSLY, climate scientists do not equate with weathermen. Try looking up the definition of weathermen and then climate scientist ...[text shortened]... es just like it has been happening, it DOES. Once again you demonstrate your complete ignorance.[/b]
There could be many reasons. They are just guessing that it is all due to global warming, which can not even be proven. At this time itt is only a theory, like evilution.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Aug 13

There could be many reasons. They are just guessing that it is all due to global warming, which can not even be proven. At this time itt is only a theory, like evilution.

The Instructor
Let me guess. You are a long time right wing republican. One who also believes the party line and you fall over backwards to tow the line, that is, ignore those pesky scientists who are proving the present climate problems are coming directly from mankind using up trillions of tons of fossil fuels over the past 100 years, gases going directly into the atmosphere.

But you have to ignore those little problems like the Islands in Alaska where the water has encroached so far inland the population which had been there for a thousand years, had to abandon the entire island, since just a few inches of rise causes trouble.

You have to ignore the receding glaciers in the Alps, the loss of sea ice in the arctic and the loss of land ice in Greenland.

We are still in a position to do something about it if we have the political will but you republicans can think of one thing and one thing only. Money. If it costs a republican 10 bucks that is too big a burden on the poor dude making 200K a year.

Put it all on the millions making 20K a year and let THEM pay for it. Right? Leave us rich folk alone to surpass you piece of shyte low life's with just a job and 6 kids. We want to put ANOTHER decimal place between you and me.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Let me guess. You are a long time right wing republican. One who also believes the party line and you fall over backwards to tow the line, that is, ignore those pesky scientists who are proving the present climate problems are coming directly from mankind using up trillions of tons of fossil fuels over the past 100 years, gases going directly into the atmos ...[text shortened]... low life's with just a job and 6 kids. We want to put ANOTHER decimal place between you and me.
There are many rich Democrates. Let them pay for it, if they believe in it. Just leave us Republicans out of it. We don't believe in this crap.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Aug 13

There are many rich Democrates. Let them pay for it, if they believe in it. Just leave us Republicans out of it. We don't believe in this crap.

The Instructor
Like I said...

E

Moves
23 Aug 13

Exactly how do you prepare for your entire town being inundated with ocean? We are not talking about simple increase in temperature. MILLIONS of animals, thousands of species will DIE. Polar bears for one. They cannot live in hot climates their thick coats see to that, they HAVE to have cool climes or they die. I guess you would just go, that's the breaks. ...[text shortened]... opee doo I suppose you would say to all that. Get used to it, suck it up, live with it. Right?
How do you prepare a town that is below sea level? Ask the Dutch.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Aug 13

How do you prepare a town that is below sea level? Ask the Dutch.
Sure, that will work for 2 billion people whose towns are being inundated.

Why don't you get real? Admit the real problem and get on with the real solution, stop all that crap before we lose Florida?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 13

Sure, that will work for 2 billion people whose towns are being inundated.

Why don't you get real? Admit the real problem and get on with the real solution, stop all that crap before we lose Florida?
We can't control the weather. Be real!

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Aug 13
2 edits

We can't control the weather. Be real!

The Instructor
Where did I ever say control the weather. Your mind works bassackwards. You aim to control the emissions of CO2 and methane to keep the climate change to a minimum.

Try to think. Control of weather IS NOT the same as controlling climate.

It seems like we have to treat you as a child. A stubborn willful child who cannot learn.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Aug 13

Where did I ever say control the weather. Your mind works bassackwards. You aim to control the emissions of CO2 and methane to keep the climate change to a minimum.

Try to think. Control of weather IS NOT the same as controlling climate.

It seems like we have to treat you as a child. A stubborn willful child who cannot learn.
You can't control that either. Anyway there is no proof that has anything to do with the climate change.

The Instructor